Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I don't like the new version 4.9.9 in alpha feed at all. When tap on a link, it doesn't take you to the card of the webpage directly anymore. Instead it opens it as a tab on the side. So you need an additional tap on the tab to go to the page every time tapping on a link!

And I also don't like tapping a tab in stacked cards going straight to it. That way makes me manage a card stack harder! I mean I like to close card right after I'm done with it and move onto the other one in a card stack. With the old mode, I can do a side swipe, choose a tab I want next, swipe the previous one in tab away, then maximize the current one in view. But in the new version, do a side swipe, choose a tab and the tab is maximized but I can't toss the previous card away! It will not make sense to do a side swipe again to toss that card. So I think the old way that allows you to see and manage tabbed cards after choosing the next card to the main view is better for managing card stack the way you want to!

Switching back to 4.9.5 in beta feed :\

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by matchqq; 09/21/2012 at 08:55 AM.
    umm you have more taps and swipes in 4.9.5 lol just sayin. Also you can turn it off in the tweaks app as well .
    Quote Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
    . . . Instead it opens it as a tab on the side. So you need an additional tap on the tab to go to the page every time tapping on a link!
    I actually like this additional feature alot - just my two cents.
    Switching back to 4.9.5 in beta feed :\
    Enjoy the regressions
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    When tap on a link, it doesn't take you to the card of the webpage directly anymore. Instead it opens it as a tab on the side
    Sounds like just what I want. Can't wait. Good work devs.
    Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Enjoy the regressions
    Haha!
    But, if it is logically assumed that the link you just tapped on, is actually the one you would like to SEE next, then it is possibly not so logical to have it immediately reduced to a small illedgible card on the edge of the screen for you instead?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/21/2012 at 09:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Haha!
    But, if it is logically assumed that the link you just tapped on, is actually the one you would like to SEE next, then it is possibly not so llogical to have it immediately reduced to a small illedgible card on the edge of the screen for you instead?

I have seen lots of people asking to open links in the background. For me if I click on a link I wanna see it now and probly never get to it otherwise. So it seems like we have a choice now. No?
    I think the cards on the side could use an option to make them bigger since it would not matter if the big part is smaller since one can't interact with it in that state anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I have seen lots of people asking to open links in the background. For me if I click on a link I wanna see it now and probly never get to it otherwise. So it seems like we have a choice now. No?
    No. Before, I had a choice. I could sideswipe gesture to see reduced tabbed cads.. or not!
    Now, I have chosen to simply disable 'Tabbed Cards' in Tweaks so that I can immediately SEE the page I just linked to.
    That then further reduces my choices - sadly!

Similarly with 'Documents'.. I would like to SEE the particular page I just opened, first! It can reduce later, when I open another, for example.

Also, my browser settings and patches are such that the reduced size card does not actually 'load' until it is tapped to become full size anway!

???
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/21/2012 at 09:32 PM.
    If we are talking just about web browsing, any reason folks aren't spending the small change on advanced browser? Open in tabs and you can choose to open in background or not.... use it all the time. No need for tabbed cards in this instance.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    With the old mode, I can do a side swipe, choose a tab I want next, swipe the previous one in tab away, then maximize the current one in view. But in the new version, do a side swipe, choose a tab and the tab is maximized but I can't toss the previous card away! It will not make sense to do a side swipe again to toss that card. So I think the old way that allows you to see and manage tabbed cards after choosing the next card to the main view is better for managing card stack the way you want to!

Its hard to say because sometimes the old behavior would come in handy, and sometimes I want the tapped stacked card to open directly.

I'll let this decision to the mighty creators and see how it evolves. Maybe they'll come up with a solution that gives the best of the two worlds?
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    I might have found a bug in 4.9.9, anyone who can double check and confirm?

In Communities on the following topic:

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3353482

When I tap on the link to the IPK, it doesn't do anything.

When I hold the link and tap "open in browser" it doesn't do anything either.

When I copy the URL and manually paste it in the browser it opens Preware to install it.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    If we are talking just about web browsing, any reason folks aren't spending the small change on advanced browser? Open in tabs and you can choose to open in background or not.... use it all the time. No need for tabbed cards in this instance.
    Well.. I personaly am talking about not only Web Browsing but also the document display in the 'QuickOffice' AND in the webOS Email Apps!

Feels a little like it is being rammed down our throats as a 'feature' that in my opinion, is only iseful when ypu require it! Therefore to retain some 'choice' as to when it is used (and the bezel swipe was, in my opinion, an ideal method) is only reasonable. Now however, it is either only 'On' or sadly, 'Off', in Tweaks.
    Going back to earlier versions of LunaCE to work around this potential imposition means we also then inherit any 'unfixed' bugs therein does it not?

Please can we revert to having the side-bezel-swipe 'choice' as to whether to view our newly opened document, email to send, or web page as a minute unreadable 'tab' - or not?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I might have found a bug in 4.9.9, anyone who can double check and confirm?

In Communities on the following topic:

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3353482

When I tap on the link to the IPK, it doesn't do anything.

When I hold the link and tap "open in browser" it doesn't do anything either.

When I copy the URL and manually paste it in the browser it opens Preware to install it.
    I just tried it out and it opened preware on the first try when I hit open in browser.
    that's how it should work.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Thanks for trying! You tried it in Communities right? I cannot seem to get it working there....
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Feels a little like it is being rammed down our throats as a 'feature' that in my opinion, is only iseful when ypu require it!
    Interesting, I didn't realise installing alpha software on your Touchpad was mandatory. Pull requests against woce/LunaSysMgr to modify this behaviour are welcome.
    as long as we dont get as far as the stage of uberkernel/etc on the forums when people seemingly just installed whatever was released because it was new, not quite grasping the whole alpha/beta thing.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    as long as we dont get as far as the stage of uberkernel/etc on the forums when people seemingly just installed whatever was released because it was new, not quite grasping the whole alpha/beta thing.
    And there's the reason for the "new" way to install the Alpha/Beta feeds and also the reason why nobody is supposed to help anyone do so other than giving them the simple answer of Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Instead of complaining, perhaps asking if it was intended or a bug, or suggesting a tweaks setting to turn make it optional, would be more productive. Just sayin'

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Thanks for trying! You tried it in Communities right? I cannot seem to get it working there....
    I think I've seen that behavior from Communities on occasion, before LunaCE.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums