Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    I don't have the alpha-woce feed appearing (and yes testing feeds are enabled)
    Sorry to ask that, but do you also have the *alpha*-testing feeds enabled? (and not just beta)
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook real-time Facebook chat
    Archive Manager extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, )
    FTPit! full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Sorry to ask that, but do you also have the *alpha*-testing feeds enabled? (and not just beta)
    Yup. Alpha & beta; basically everything but themes and catalog. Couple resets, still no alpha-woce. Gonna uninstall everything related to Preware (including Preware) and start over. I wants me some UberLuna something fierce!
    Stay thirsty, my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Yup. Alpha & beta; basically everything but themes and catalog. Couple resets, still no alpha-woce.
    Err... You enable (the "new") alpha/beta feeds in a different way than you just do themes and catalog (which doesn't even work anymore).
    Did you follow that guide? Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook real-time Facebook chat
    Archive Manager extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, )
    FTPit! full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Found the problem... The last time I restored Preware after a wipe I used "Save/Restore". The alpha/beta feeds showed as available and loaded the content to Preware, but the directory was missing from /var/preferences. Following the instructions from the testing feeds page again recreated the missing directory and wah-lah! UberLuna time!!!
    Stay thirsty, my friends
    How do you turn on the different keyboards?
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  6.    #46  
    4.1.1 is released.

Version string (which is required to stay there during the alpha testing period) should no longer occlude other banner notifications or the clock on the lock screen.

The package now requests a full device restart and will refuse to install if you have a PIN code set.

The Dvorak keyboard has been temporarily removed, for reimplementation in a later version.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    kill_dano and Rnp like this.
    4.1.1 is released.

Version string (which is required to stay there during the alpha testing period) should no longer occlude other banner notifications or the clock on the lock screen.

The package now requests a full device restart and will refuse to install if you have a PIN code set.

The Dvorak keyboard has been temporarily removed, for reimplementation in a later version.

-- Rod
    Rod, just updated to 4.1.1. Still having issues with account logins. Of my 6 accounts (AKO, Google, Yahoo, Box, Facebook, Skype) only Google works after re-entering the password. All the others give "Unknown error".

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    4.1.1 is released.

-- Rod
    brilliant. works great here. also, no issues with login. all 7 work
    Everything seems to be working fine for me. No issues with accounts, but a couple of points. When I'm in an app and do a swipe left or right, there is no infinite card cycling, as there is when they are minimized. Also, if I have a stack of cards, (no issues with stacks of 2 cards), but it seems as soon as there is 3 or more the middle of some single cards, when I do the same gesture, I can't get past the tabbed stack.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Everything seems to be working fine for me. No issues with accounts, but a couple of points. When I'm in an app and do a swipe left or right, there is no infinite card cycling, as there is when they are minimized. Also, if I have a stack of cards, (no issues with stacks of 2 cards), but it seems as soon as there is 3 or more the middle of some single cards, when I do the same gesture, I can't get past the tabbed stack.
    hmm. I'll see if I can have a look at Dukiedrew's patch for that, and see where he changed to get that effect. My guess is that it is in a completely different place than my patch, whcih merely attaches the phone app-switch command for left/right bezel swipes. We may have to work together briefly (OMG!) to figure out where best to attach that at, or if we need to put it in both places.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    sledge007 likes this.
    Tabbed cards is awesome! ... what does "tap to maximize edge card" do?

Oh, I figured it out, derp. See 3 cards in normal card view (no stacks). Tap either edge card for maximize. Before it would only center that card, I believe.
    Last edited by kill_Dano; 08/12/2012 at 11:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Tabbed cards is awesome! ... what does "tap to maximize edge card" do?
    If you minimize 3 or more cards...try tapping one of the ones on the edge and see what happens
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Haven't tested this yet because I don't want to lose my keyboard layout. I'd like to submit the custom layout I designed as an UberLunah option for QWERTY-with-arrows keyboard layout--my goal was to change as little as possible while adding arrow keys and keeping a sensible grouping of symbol keys. So I'm attaching a) my keyboard patch JSON file and b) screen shots of the resulting keyboard layouts. If there's another avenue to submitting this, please let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Zahid,

Please join us on the IRC channel?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    hey, k4ever, if you haven't yet made a trip to the doctor to try to fix those account issues, any chance you could put together a list of all your patches, anything else that you think might possibly affect, and .. uh.. i guess maybe a list of the types of accounts that you had? This seems like an exceptionally rare problem (we had one report of it, the first day we got the CE code running a bit over a month or so ago, until today, when you reported it, and no one has been able to repeat it), so I'm sure we could use any possible relevant data to consider..
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    test it after party...
    not all patches can cause 'Device LunaSysMgr is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement' error. usually, the keyboard patch will lead to it.
    unfortunately, for Chinese users, they may meet a dilemma that UberLunah 4.x is awesome but testing UberLunah 4.x will cause no Chinese input method.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond.Du View Post
    test it after party...
    not all patches can cause 'Device LunaSysMgr is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement' error. usually, the keyboard patch will lead to it.
    unfortunately, for Chinese users, they may meet a dilemma that UberLunah 4.x is awesome but testing UberLunah 4.x will cause no Chinese input method.
    Perhaps a Chinese input method developer can submit a pull request to UberLunah to include that functionality?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    all worked fine for me. the only extra step I had to take was to install the palm lunasysmgr first, then do a device restart. it only prompted for a luna restart, but when I did that nothing changed (modified keyboard was still there) and it still refused to install UberLunah.

I didn't have to re-enter any passwords... has that requirement gone away, or am I just unique?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Perhaps a Chinese input method developer can submit a pull request to UberLunah to include that functionality?

-- Rod
    there are two Chinese input methods:

1. Developed by Baidu, Inc. Actually, it is the official Chinese input method for Touchpad in China. However, due to HP discontinue hardware devices running webOS On August 18, 2011 before Touchpad Product Launch in China mainland, this input method becomes a not existing software. The used version is a leaked copy. I am afraid that this company won't allow anyone to submit a pull request to UberLunah.

2. Developed by Chomper_T, who is the developers of JVM & mplayer for WebOS. I have Informed him about submitting a pull request to UberLunah. He said that he will send the code to UberLunah Developer Group today later.
    Last edited by Desmond.Du; 08/13/2012 at 03:18 AM.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    For those (i.e. me) waiting till a beta (or final) release, can anyone give an overview what new features this Uberlunah contains?

And will it also be required to remove PIN in beta/stable releases? That would require me to remove and re-add my complete exchange account :/
    renater likes this.
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast