Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Great job with the wave launcher!
    But the first thing I noticed, is that the spaces between icons aren't the same as the stock launcher.
    I attached a comparison. The stock launcher looks better in my opinion.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A tweet from @shiftyaxel answered my question: "The #LunaCE Wave Launcher is now triggered by an upward slide on the side of the screen. Visual feature demos here: http://t.co/Jp3lyE44"

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    new wave launcher is cool. One thing I've noticed is the left side is fine while the right side sometimes has unintended behavior and pulls up real launcher upon release

edit: never mind, seems like its possible to have the launcher icon selected without realizing it
    Last edited by laingman; 09/12/2012 at 05:23 AM.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Great job on the wave launcher! In fact, great job on the whole LunaCE package.

LunaCE, with its coming general release, should put a stop to all the gnashing of teeth that accompanied HP's announcement that Open webOS would not support existing devices.

Looking forward to future improvements from the community.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    The new wave laucher is exactly like the phone. There is a faint light around the icon that will be selected so that you know what item is being chosen..

Luna CE just keeps getting more amazing.

webOS just keeps the hits coming.
    Not swiping, but tap&hold.
    No tapping and holding anymore. 4.9.5 introduces a new and better way of activating the wave launcher. Just slide your finger up from the lower right or lower left corner of the screen (where the screen meets the black bezel) to activate the launcher. Don't take your finger off of the screen while the launcher is active, just slide you finger over to the icon for the app you want to launch. Once that icon lights up, take your finger off the screen and it should launch that app.

Kudos to the development for this! Luna CE rocks!

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
    Question on the "Tabbed Cards" feature. I notice that when you tap on a different card, it actually rearranges the order of the cards in the stack. Is there any way to keep the order of the cards in the stack the same, but still use the tabbed cards feature?
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    you don't have to start at the bottom bezel to swipe up. You can do it anywhere along the R or L side of the screen.

One thing i'd like to see is perhaps disabling the wave launcher pickup down in the corners. I keep trying to go to card view with my left thumb but end up getting the wave launcher instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    don't care for just type at the top myself
    \

Bar or icon?

Patch @ #192 here also allows more icons to actually 'Wave Launch'!

Feeling seasick yet?

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Have you done a google search on "webOS wave launcher" ?

Also, @webosinternals just tweeted a pointer to LunaCE Features - WebOS-Ports

If someone has a better description than what is currently in Tweaks, then they should submit a pull request with the better description, rather than answering in a forum. That way everyone in the future benefits from the improved description, not just the person who asked the question.

-- Rod
    Hummm... the "other keyboard layouts" is not in this page?

Can I leave a suggest here?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by bill2455 View Post
    Great job on the wave launcher! In fact, great job on the whole LunaCE package.

LunaCE, with its coming general release, should put a stop to all the gnashing of teeth that accompanied HP's announcement that Open webOS would not support existing devices.

Looking forward to future improvements from the community.
    Yes.. it's good.

But this Community is also an excellent testing-ground for what is to *become* Open webOS, is it not?
    Hopefully when Open webOS is later flourishing upon iPad's/Galaxy S3's etc.. it can and will be 'LunaCE-back-engineered' as 'W'ebOS to also flourish upon our by then otherwise redundant and 'legacy' HP hardwares!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/12/2012 at 12:59 PM.
    updated this morning.... new wave launcher is working great, freaking love it... looking forward to the stable release thanks to all involved.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    With LunaCE 4.9.5, it seems that the LunaCE Wave Launcher is using a different launcher (wave) background image (vs. the background images used for the QuickLaunch Bar) when the Wave Gesture is activated (by sliding your finger up from the lower right/left corner).

The stock webOS QuickLaunch Bar background image is at /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/launcher3/launcher-bg.png, but a theme I'm using changed the launcher-bg.png color and I noticed that the Wave Launcher background color is using the background color of the original launcher-bg.png, but the QuickLaunch Bar still has the themed color of the launcher-bg.png.

If LunaCE 4.9.5 is using a different background image file for the Wave Launcher vs. the QuickLaunch Bar, does anyone know where this image is located?
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    If LunaCE 4.9.5 is using a different background image file for the Wave Launcher vs. the QuickLaunch Bar, does anyone know where this image is located?
    The wave launcher is drawn programmatically inside Luna for dynamic scaling reasons, and is therefore not themable.

Also, we now have a page with visual examples of LunaCE features:
    LunaCE Features - WebOS Ports Wiki
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    The wave launcher is drawn programmatically inside Luna for dynamic scaling reasons, and is therefore not themable.

Also, we now have a page with visual examples of LunaCE features:
    LunaCE Features - WebOS Ports Wiki
    I was really only asking because...

#1 - Currently, the LunaCE 4.9.5 programmatically drawn dynamic scaling for the Wave Launchers' background seems to be "off" and not vertically centered at the waves' thin end of it's background (see attached pics 1 & 2 and it's also shown in the WaveGesture.png on the LunaCE Features - WebOS-Ports page).

#2 - Adding to problem #1 above, when using my More AppLauncher and QuickLaunch Bar Icons-TP patch or the "More Launch Icons-Just Type Bar Removed.patch" in post# 192" here, it makes the problem even worse because it then effects both ends of the wave (see attached pics 3 & 4).

Other than helping to emulate the "original" phone Wave Launcher, is the "wave" background needed for funtionality or just "eye-candy"?

Eliminating the "wave" background of the Wave Launcher all together OR (if #1 is resolved) adding an option in Tweaks to have the background transparent would solve both issues.
    Can either of those options please be available in a future LunaCE version?
    Last edited by WknThDg; 09/12/2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Updated question & added attached pics
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    I haven't tryed it since several versions ago, but I can't add any app icons to the QuickLaunch Launch Bar when using 4.9.5.
    I can remove them, but have to uninstall 4.9.5 to add them.
    Anyone else?

UPDATE:
    After uninstalling LunaCE 4.9.5, Tweaks 3.0.1, installing Palm LunaSysMgr 3.0.5-4, re-installing Tweaks 3.0.1 & LunaCE 4.9.5...
    It is fixed!
    Last edited by WknThDg; 09/12/2012 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Now FIXED!!!
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    I haven't tryed it since several versions ago, but I can't add any app icons to the QuickLaunch Launch Bar when using 4.9.5.
    I can remove them, but have to uninstall 4.9.5 to add them.
    Anyone else?
    Seems OK here.. 3.0.5 + LunaCE 4.9.5 + 'More Launcher Icons' patch.
    Can both remove and Add in 4.9.5.

UPDATE: Re. your above..
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/12/2012 at 06:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    \

Bar or icon?

Patch @ #192 here also allows more icons to actually 'Wave Launch'!

Feeling seasick yet?

Just saying that having the just type icon bar or icon way up top is not that efficient. If we had an icon to drop in quick launch would be more natural, I think
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Just saying that having the just type icon bar or icon way up top is not that efficient. If we had an icon to drop in quick launch would be more natural, I think

OK, Gottcha!
    For the small amount I use 'Just Type', I don't mind the 'inefficiency' of lifting my finger to the top of the screen.. as opposed to taking up 'valualble' Launcher Bar real-estate with it!

WknThDg and grasshoper like this.
  20.    #520  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Hummm... the "other keyboard layouts" is not in this page?

Can I leave a suggest here?

Best Regards...
    The visual features documentation page is on a wiki, to which the community can contribute.

-- Rod