Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Have seen zero problems in the awesome LunaCE 4.8. Installation over 4.7 uneventful. Love getting up in the morning to see a new version available.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevhead View Post
    soooo, any advice on getting around the pin? I decided to set the pin to see if that would somehow affect my issue of accounts not keeping their credentials and in the process uninstalled lunaCE and now I've got incorrect password notice when trying to get in. doh!

this might be something to add to the checks when installing/uninstalling lunaCE. I know it checked when I initially wanted to install when 4.1 version came out. but it might be good for a check to happen if uninstalling too if that's possible.

anyways, is there any way to get around doctoring to get back in?

thanks in advance.

*edit* nevermind, got rid of the PIN via GMMan's instructions on another thread. I love this community!
    I have issue with pin also. I want to remove it but can't seem to. The pin is mandatory with outlook exchange and even though I removed oulook from accounts, the option to remove pin is not showing. My attempts to install luna are obviously failing with that error. Any idea besides doctoring? I've seen other threads about removing pin for diff reasons like being locked out and forgetting but my problem seems to be a pure webos bug. Thanks for any help.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcerwinske View Post
    Hmm, I'll see if that makes a difference.... I'm not using fluid gestures, as the are laggy as hell. Not really fluid when they don't kick in until my finger is already 3/4 across the screen. I can see how they'd be pretty kick *** on some speedier hardware though.
    I suggest installing Uberkernel and Govnah and overclocking to 1.8GHz, along with setting logging to "minimal". That should get rid of the lag problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcerwinske View Post
    Hmm, I'll see if that makes a difference.... I'm not using fluid gestures, as the are laggy as hell. Not really fluid when they don't kick in until my finger is already 3/4 across the screen. I can see how they'd be pretty kick *** on some speedier hardware though.
    You must have something else going on lagging your TouchPad. Fluid gestures are great here, and from what I can see from the comments they don't lag for anyone else either.
    Quote Originally Posted by ewl88 View Post
    I have issue with pin also. I want to remove it but can't seem to. The pin is mandatory with outlook exchange and even though I removed oulook from accounts, the option to remove pin is not showing. My attempts to install luna are obviously failing with that error. Any idea besides doctoring? I've seen other threads about removing pin for diff reasons like being locked out and forgetting but my problem seems to be a pure webos bug. Thanks for any help.
    You have to remove the complete exchange account, including calendar, contacts & email from the Accounts app, only then will the pin removal option become available. You might have restart the TouchPad before it might work.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    installed this morning. Really awesome changes. Two little things I've noticed:

1. Tapping on mini cards only maximizes the card immediately to the right or left- not the one tapped on if it isn't one of the middle 3.

2. I sort of miss how a new browser window opened up in card form briefly so I could tap on the existing page and then open successive links. Now it launches full size, necessitating a swipe or a homebutton press to get back to the original.

Just realized this happens in Zite too. [edit]

[edit] OK- just found out that I can open a link then quickly tap on the original page the the new card will open in the background. Takes a bit of a quick hand, but problem #2 is solved!

overall though- WOW. I'm going to force my android loving TP friend to load this. We don't quite see eye to eye on which OS is best on the TP but this really takes it up a notch.
    Last edited by Gordon Shumway; 09/06/2012 at 02:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lagoldste View Post
    I suggest installing Uberkernel and Govnah and overclocking to 1.8GHz, along with setting logging to "minimal". That should get rid of the lag problem.
    That was done a LONG time ago

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    You must have something else going on lagging your TouchPad. Fluid gestures are great here, and from what I can see from the comments they don't lag for anyone else either.
    I primarily use Spaz and Advanced Browser, Email, and thats about it, really. I'll try to post a video illustrating. I have 2 touchpads, both overclocked, both patched up to remove excess logging, etc, and performance is pretty much the same.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    You have to remove the complete exchange account, including calendar, contacts & email from the Accounts app, only then will the pin removal option become available. You might have restart the TouchPad before it might work.
    I did all that without success this morning. However, I found that the pin off option just came up when i checked now. I last tried to do it in morning so maybe exchange server has to register the removal of the account? Don't know and don't really care since it's working now. But for people with exchange accounts, you may have to wait a few hours before removing pin option is available! just finished reboot and it's up. I'll have a late night playing with it!
    any luck on Chinese input method? did Chomper_T send his code to your group?
  10.    #430  
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond.Du View Post
    any luck on Chinese input method? did Chomper_T send his code to your group?
    I have not seen a link to a public code repository posted here, no.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ibrakhalid View Post
    Anyone else getting an alert/prompt to "set new pin" after an hour or so of not using your touchpad?
    yes I am getting this error too. I only successfully installed luna c.e. Last night. Other features work well. I do use ms outlook accont with work. ?related?. Not a huge problem right now. But would be nice to fix.
    went to 4.8 cannot get any gestures on tweaks towork anymore. get unknown service error
    I have just installed LunaCE 4.8. Very nice feature is keyboard layout switching. There is even Ukrainian layout available.

Would it be difficult to include Czech layout too?

Thanks a lot

Tajo
    Quote Originally Posted by jimzarc45 View Post
    went to 4.8 cannot get any gestures on tweaks towork anymore. get unknown service error
    Please verify that the features are not working after the error.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimzarc45 View Post
    I get the *message* in Tweaks stating 'Configuration could not be saved since the service returned an error!'.. but tap 'OK' anyway and there then seems to be no problem?

~*~
    not sure if this has been reported yet as a bug with in 4.8 but i found that when opening a new browser card from within another browser card ( tapping the square with the plus sign in the upper right corner) if you try to immediatly open the drop down menu on the upper left corner of this newest card as the new card is loading up it will automatically open another new card and if you try to open the drop down menu in the upper left of this new card another new card will open, this can be done repeatedly. This does not seem to happen when opening a new card while private browsing is enabled. can anyone recreate this? I also don't know if this existed in the stock lunasys as i have never tried it before and just stumbled upon it.
    Last edited by loopytee; 09/07/2012 at 03:31 PM. Reason: added for clearity
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Just installed LunaCE 4.9.0. Smooth install. But, wave launcher is kind of funky. No wave, just moves the whole launcher vertically. Then it stopped working at all. Thought it might be conflicting with the 'no launcher button' patch. Removed that patch, went back to the stock Luna, then re-installed LunaCE 4.9.0 -- now can't move the launcher at all.

What are the improvements in card nav?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bill2455 View Post
    Just installed LunaCE 4.9.0. Smooth install. But, wave launcher is kind of funky. No wave, just moves the whole launcher vertically. Then it stopped working at all. Thought it might be conflicting with the 'no launcher button' patch. Removed that patch, went back to the stock Luna, then re-installed LunaCE 4.9.0 -- now can't move the launcher at all.

What are the improvements in card nav?
    Yea, working funky for me too. sometimes the laucher would be just the bar, other times it would move up the bar and then grab one of the icons as if I tried to rearrange the icons on that it.

Also, a few of the times I opened an app from the wave launcher, it actually opened the app as my background, but I couldn't interact with it. For example, I opened my Photos app and I saw the app as if it were loaded but I couldn't tap on anything. when i tried to load another app, it loaded it ON TOP of the background. Does that make sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    not sure if this has been reported yet as a bug with in 4.8 but i found that when opening a new browser card from within another browser card ( tapping the square with the plus sign in the upper right corner) if you try to immediatly open the drop down menu on the upper left corner of this newest card as the new card is loading up it will automatically open another new card and if you try to open the drop down menu in the upper left of this new card another new card will open, this can be done repeatedly. This does not seem to happen when opening a new card while private browsing is enabled. can anyone recreate this? I also don't know if this existed in the stock lunasys as i have never tried it before and just stumbled upon it.

so I reinstalled stock luna and this does not occur, mostly because when a new browser card is opened the cards get smaller while opening and then enlarge when its loaded up. When in the small card view there is no access to the drop down menu in the upper left corner.
    if we can activate the wave launcher similar to the phone, that would be best.