Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    5. Earlier during the alpha builds, with Gesture Detection set to 'Fluid', while in card mode or with no cards open, a side swipe used to work like the up gesture and would bring up the launcher, why was this discontinued?
    Because that was a(n unintended?) bug
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    It was indeed unintended.

Also, Fluid Gestures are the future. Seriously.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    It was indeed unintended.

Also, Fluid Gestures are the future. Seriously.
    what is this fluid gestures and what's the difference between the three "fluid" , "swipe" , and "slide" ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Because that was a(n unintended?) bug
    I kinda liked the "bug".
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    what is this fluid gestures and what's the difference between the three "fluid" , "swipe" , and "slide" ??
    Tap the help icon in Tweaks, that will explain these a little bit...
    To fluid gestures: After you enabled it, slowly swipe up from the bottom - then you'll know why they're awesome!
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Tap the help icon in Tweaks, that will explain these a little bit...
    To fluid gestures: After you enabled it, slowly swipe up from the bottom - then you'll know why they're awesome!
    yeah I know about how the card will hold its position according to how fast or slow you swipe up lol , I haven't tried the others in the same way so I didn't realize they acted differently .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    yeah I know about how the card will hold its position according to how fast or slow you swipe up lol , I haven't tried the others in the same way so I didn't realize they acted differently .
    "Swipe" is the standard behavior of webOS 3.0.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond.Du View Post
    LunaSysMgr confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Verification failed on /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr
    Device LunaSysMgr is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement

after reinstalling the Palm LunaSysMgr, same issue happens.
    Many of us didn't need to remove all our patches. Even with two patched keyboards and the conflicting modified launcher (button still removed). All I had to do was install factory Luna reboot then install LunaCE
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 09/05/2012 at 03:35 PM. Reason: added quote for context...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Many of us didn't need to remove all our patches. Even with two patched keyboards and the conflicting modified launcher (button still removed). All I had to do was install factory Luna reboot then install LunaCE
    I don't like just installing stuff over the top off other stuff. So I removed the conflict patches first.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Spread feature is awesome. Just sayin'
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    Spread feature is awesome. Just sayin'
    umm so what it this spread feature and how does it work? I saw the description but don't get it
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Open a stack of cards, put them in card view, then put two fingers on them and spread them apart. It spreads the cards apart as you move your fingers. Only affects that stack and is remembered after you activate one of the cards.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Open a stack of cards, put them in card view, then put two fingers on them and spread them apart. It spreads the cards apart as you move your fingers. Only affects that stack and is remembered after you activate one of the cards.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    in a duhhh moment... I was like i dont get it either... Duhhhh! Forgot to "on it" in tweaks.... Now i go oooohhhhh. Ahhhhhh. Like im watchin fireworks! Ummm jelly bean and its butter can kiss LunaCE's buttah!

now im gonna figure out how to get the patch someone wrote to flick away side cards pulled in... I have no idea what im doin but here goes nutin...
    Had trouble updating from 4.5.2 to 4.7.0. Process hung on 'removing tweaks files'. Same behavior on 2 devices. Had to install stock Luna, and then reinstall CE...

I guess in matter of hours now though, i see a new update to 4.8.0, with refs to 4.7.3 and 4.7.5 in the change log. Damn you guys work fast...

As I type this on 4.7.0, I'm getting all sorts of keyboard freakouts, with it randomly disappearing and then coming back. Seems to occur more frequently with speedy typing. Pretty sure it's not me, but I cant reliably get the behavior to trigger at will either. I guess I'll see what effect 4.8.0 has.

Also wondering what it would take to get vibrate feedback on keyboard press ala Android...
    So what exactly is the new (mini cards) and (card zoom gesture)?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnowoss1 View Post
    So what exactly is the new (mini cards) and (card zoom gesture)?
    never mind found the ? Button that explained it. Very nice.
    Card zoom gesture, mini cards, and card spread are all rather wonky in conjunction with each other. Mini card always zooms out to what the last zoom gesture level was set at, even after turning zoom gesture off. Card spread > zoom gesture when on a stack. From mini card view, if you maximize an app, then swipe up to go out, it takes you back to mini card zoom level, instead of normal, like with webOS 1.4.5... Edge card maximization doesn't work as expected with mini cards, only the neighboring cards will maximize, not actual edge cards.

This is gonna be awesome when some of the kinks are ironed out though. I'm still getting keyboard freakouts. It's like sometimes it thinks i've touched the content behind the keyboard. It randomly launched browser that went to this Facebook Milky Way bar ad below. Keyboard random disapoears are likely because it thinks ive tapped off the keyboard and into a non text input area which lies behind the keyboard rendering area.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    About the the button on the keyboard to switch languages/layouts... It would be much better to make it like the original one, i mean not to label it with the keyboard layout but the active language. This way if you have two (or more) languages configured with the same layout, you can actually know which language you are using.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcerwinske View Post
    Card zoom gesture, mini cards, and card spread are all rather wonky in conjunction with each other. Mini card always zooms out to what the last zoom gesture level was set at, even after turning zoom gesture off. Card spread > zoom gesture when on a stack. From mini card view, if you maximize an app, then swipe up to go out, it takes you back to mini card zoom level, instead of normal, like with webOS 1.4.5... Edge card maximization doesn't work as expected with mini cards, only the neighboring cards will maximize, not actual edge cards.

This is gonna be awesome when some of the kinks are ironed out though. I'm still getting keyboard freakouts. It's like sometimes it thinks i've touched the content behind the keyboard. It randomly launched browser that went to this Facebook Milky Way bar ad below. Keyboard random disapoears are likely because it thinks ive tapped off the keyboard and into a non text input area which lies behind the keyboard rendering area.
    are you using fluids gestures? If not change that gesture setting to fluid and you should have less keyboard disappearing acts lol , with swipe and slide I get it more often. Works for me anyways lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    are you using fluids gestures? If not change that gesture setting to fluid and you should have less keyboard disappearing acts lol , with swipe and slide I get it more often. Works for me anyways lol
    Hmm, I'll see if that makes a difference.... I'm not using fluid gestures, as the are laggy as hell. Not really fluid when they don't kick in until my finger is already 3/4 across the screen. I can see how they'd be pretty kick *** on some speedier hardware though.