Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes
    On another note, is there any way to get rid of the "UberLunah 4.0.0 by WebOS Ports" text in the status bar? I have multiple apps that produce sliding (right to left to appear, then disappear left to right) notifications. The UberLunah status bar text makes those notifications difficult at best to read.

I asked the same question for the same reason (and the date on the lock screen looks bad over the top of it) in the irc channel. The devs are looking into it right now.

I recommend that the devs change the "Luna Restart" option after it installs in Preware to a "Device Restart" option also. Everyone keeps saying restart the device after installing this but Preware only recommends a Luna restart.

Also want to let everyone know that the keyboard arrows patch doesn't work with this. However they are aware of the problem and it might be in a future update. This version of Luna is noticeably faster than the default 3.0.5 version.

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
    damn, i have my old issue with Tweaks again, where launching it causes the card to appear then the system hangs and does a forced luna restart, no info about it at all in the logs, had this another time and couldnt fix it, and i dont fancy doing another meta from scratch were there any improvements/changes added that didnt require toggling in tweaks?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    This version of Luna is noticeably faster than the default 3.0.5 version.
    Yes, that is a very welcome benefit!
    Very cool update - but interesting that only one item is showing up in my Tweaks app.
    Everything works fine so far (except the bugs noted in the bug tracker)

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Very cool update - but interesting that only one item is showing up in my Tweaks app.
    Hmm, it should be 4 settings
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook real-time Facebook chat
    Archive Manager extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, )
    FTPit! full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    A new side effect with the Graphite application for Twitter. Since installing UberLunah (the only recent change) every time I reply or retweet with text, the compose window opens with the text, but then immediately clears out so it's blank. Not supposed to do that.
    Installed successfully, didn't have to remove any of my patches. Immediately performed a device restart instead of luna resart, per this thread.

My only issue is with Tweaks. Every few times I make a change I get an error that changes couldn't be saved.... But they clearly are, as the intended changes go into effect.

I'm hoping we'll see the inclusion of that tabbed stack functionality, as well as the wrap back to beginning behavior for cycling through cards.

Extremely pleased so far though.
    Just to note: I had to uninstall the keyboard layout patch ver 1.0.5 to get past the "luna sys not factory" error.

Edit: ThumbNav controls gone after install.

It does seem noticeably faster. App switching is very cool!
    Last edited by kayphoonstar; 08/12/2012 at 05:23 PM.
    After restarting, this is what I have showing..

@HelloNNNewman:
    Are you sure UberLunah/WOCE has been installed correclty? Normally you should see a string saying "UberLunah 4.0.0 by WebOS Ports" in the very top.
    Edit: And did you trigger a full reboot or only a Luna restart?
    Last edited by pcworld; 08/12/2012 at 07:04 PM.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    had issues first time. Installed Palm LunaSysMgr. Still wouldn't install UberLunah after Luna restart. Had to restart system. After reboot I was able to install UberLunah. Effects were listed in Tweaks but didn't work until I restarted system again. Everything works great - very snappy!

question. I see my customized keyboard with arrow keys vanished. guess this happened after refreshing LunaSysMgr. The description for UberLunah lists additional keyboard layout for US Dvorak. Where do I find it?
    edit1: never mind. found it under regional settings. can switch to Dvorak there, but I guess future release needs to include customized keyboard layout to get the arrows back.....

thanks for all. Love it so far.
    Last edited by derausgewanderte; 08/12/2012 at 05:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    A new side effect with the Graphite application for Twitter. Since installing UberLunah (the only recent change) every time I reply or retweet with text, the compose window opens with the text, but then immediately clears out so it's blank. Not supposed to do that.
    not sure if it's related but preware dropped the install *.ipk link when opened from internalz - never had that happen b4.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    @HelloNNNewman:
    Are you sure UberLunah/WOCE has been installed correclty? Normally you should see a string saying "UberLunah 4.0.0 by WebOS Ports" in the very top.
    Edit: And did you trigger a full reboot or only a Luna restart?
    Yup.. I followed the direction pretty carefully and did a Luna restart first, but then did a full restart. Just in case, I'll double-check the version and feed to make sure I have everything correct.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/12/2012 at 06:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    damn, i have my old issue with Tweaks again, where launching it causes the card to appear then the system hangs and does a forced luna restart, no info about it at all in the logs, had this another time and couldnt fix it, and i dont fancy doing another meta from scratch were there any improvements/changes added that didnt require toggling in tweaks?
    Yes, that is the problem I am also facing. According to the devs a doctor should fix it or else via luna-send.
    Quote Originally Posted by derausgewanderte View Post
    question. I see my customized keyboard with arrow keys vanished. guess this happened after refreshing LunaSysMgr.
    With the current code base, all keyboard layouts will include arrow keys - so you'll probably see that feature in the next alpha release.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    With the current code base, all keyboard layouts will include arrow keys - so you'll probably see that feature in the next alpha release.
    great, thank you
    Delayed while I ate dinner. Anyway, uninstalled UberLunah by the Preware "Remove" button, rebooted the whole Touchpad, and Graphite is back to normal operation. Reply/retweet box does not clear out any more in the unwanted manner.
    Ok... reinstalled the Palm LunaSysMgr, luna restart, re-installed the new UberLunah and then restarted fully. Everything looks good now
    Thanks for reporting that, I've created a new ticket on WebOS Port's bugtracker: Luna-SysMgr - Bug #47: [app] Graphite: reply -> text field empty - ChiliProject
    If anyone finds out more, please comment on that ticket.
    I don't have the alpha-woce feed appearing (and yes testing feeds are enabled). I have woce feed, but no alpha-woce feed. Preware 1.9.12 and Tweaks 3.0.1 installed. I show the Palm LunaSysMgr app but no UberLuna. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Stay thirsty, my friends
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast