Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by intron View Post
    Just chiming in as another user with the same issue. Left it sitting at "Removing Tweaks files" overnight..... no love. Will try uninstalling Tweaks as suggested above.

Edit: Can't simply uninstall LunaCE 4.5.2 - stuck at same command "Removing Tweaks..."
    Just install original Palm Luna from Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    Just install original Palm Luna from Preware.
    thanks, I forgot about that patch. it did the trick - I am up and running 4.6.0 now.
    Has anyone experienced the following bug under LunaCE, and if so under what condition?
    Luna-SysMgr - Bug #39: banner icons are sometimes corrupted - ChiliProject
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Has anyone experienced the following bug under LunaCE, and if so under what condition?
    Luna-SysMgr - Bug #39: banner icons are sometimes corrupted - ChiliProject
    ive done a bunch of testing and have never seen this issue in any of the devices ive tested ? although having tested a lot of patches i have seen this , like when testing the "delete from notification patch" i saw this issue but never on anything stock or with LunaCE certainly .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hi

Wanting to test LunaCE Birgitte really need the Swedish keyboard layout.

Is this integrated in LunaCE yet? What keyboard languages are part of the current LunaCE?

Skickat frn min cm_tenderloin via Tapatalk 2
    -Unlocked Pre3 QWERTY from Palm Eurostore
    Activated on German app catalog including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -TouchPad from EBay using German app catalog
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -HP Veer QWERTZ from MediaMarkt in Germany as backup/tehtering device
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -German O2 Pre- testing 2.2.4 WiFi only profile
    With it's Tweaks settings for the Status Bar set to "YES"...

1 - ...for "SHOW DEVICE NAME AS CARRIER TEXT" and/or "USE CUSTOM CARRIER STRING", right after the "Luna Restart" completes "HP webOS" is still shown on the homescreen.
    BUT, after either the Search icon, QuickLaunch Launcher Button or one of the QuickLaunch Bar apps is pressed, when you return back to the homesreen, the carrier string/text is then changed.

This occurs with every startup and/or Luna/Device Restart.

2 - ...for both "USE CUSTOM CARRIER STRING" and "SHOW DEVICE NAME AS CARRIER TEXT", the "USE CUSTOM CARRIER STRING" "CARRIER STRING" entry takes presidence.
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    With it's Tweaks settings for the Status Bar set to "YES"...

1 - ...for "SHOW DEVICE NAME AS CARRIER TEXT" and/or "USE CUSTOM CARRIER STRING", right after the "Luna Restart" completes "HP webOS" is still shown on the homescreen.
    BUT, after either the Search icon, QuickLaunch Launcher Button or one of the QuickLaunch Bar apps is pressed, when you return back to the homesreen, the carrier string/text is then changed.

This occurs with every startup and/or Luna/Device Restart.

2 - ...for both "USE CUSTOM CARRIER STRING" and "SHOW DEVICE NAME AS CARRIER TEXT", the "USE CUSTOM CARRIER STRING" "CARRIER STRING" entry takes presidence.
    Me too
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    Me too
    you can use either for the same thing . i dont get why we have both on here. you can just use the device name setting to change the name . Carrier string doe sthe same thing .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by hakost View Post
    Hi

Wanting to test LunaCE Birgitte really need the Swedish keyboard layout.

Is this integrated in LunaCE yet? What keyboard languages are part of the current LunaCE?

Skickat frn min cm_tenderloin via Tapatalk 2
    install LunaCE and then open regional settings then English "tap on it" then tap on any country, united states . then in the auto correction and keyboard area select the +add button then you will see a list pop up and select the Swedish keyboard, or any of the ones you want , or even select and add all of then one buy one. then open the keyboard up and hit the English button on the keyboard. and if you have more than one keyboard layout added it will change the keyboard for every tap on that button. i have all of them on mine just for fun but only use the English keyboard. so yes it has the Swedish keyboard layout
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you can use either for the same thing . i dont get why we have both on here. you can just use the device name setting to change the name . Carrier string doe sthe same thing .
    Not really...
    Of the two, the "USE CUSTOM CARRIER STRING" is better because it allows you to have the "CARRIER STRING" field blank (as I prefer, so nothing is displayed). "Device Information" forces you to have a "NAME" assigned.
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i dont get why we have both on here. you can just use the device name setting to change the name . Carrier string doe sthe same thing .
    Yes, but removing the ability to have the same text in your carrier string and device name would be a regression in functionality. I for one dislike having to type things twice because of a software 'update'.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    understood , it must just not as important to me lol , my bad.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I found a bug with the keyboard layouts: some apps (such as email) still use the old regional setup: instead of being able to chose between english and french layouts (in my case) they still only give option between english and dvorak.

Is it known or to be corrected?
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    +1 on another issue with stuck in "Removing Tweaks". Not hard to resolve but nonetheless the upgrade has some hiccups.
    all you have to do is un-install LunaCE and delete tweaks app , then in-stall the new LunaCE update and re-install the tweaks app. Worked like a charm for me.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    ^-- too many steps..

Install Palm LunaSysMgr, reboot
    Install LunaCE, reboot.

Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadph View Post
    ^-- too many steps..

Install Palm LunaSysMgr, reboot
    Install LunaCE, reboot.

Done.
    I don't like leaving bits and pieces of patches in my TPad . So to me its not to many steps no.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Both are an option to fix a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by local.bin View Post
    Does this really delete all account passwords?
    If everything works as expected, reentering the passwords should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by local.bin View Post
    Can I copy a file to save and reinstate my existing passwords?
    No. This is because the encryption method changed with LunaCE.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Since we're talking keyboards here, I'm one of those people who write in two languages (french and english) all the time, and there is no more the possibility to switch from french to english keyboards (and in the meantime spell checker) from the virtual keyboard. Even with both languages set-up in regional settings, I've got only the first on the list available.

Is this a bug or something made on purpose?
    I found a bug with the keyboard layouts: some apps (such as email) still use the old regional setup: instead of being able to chose between english and french layouts (in my case) they still only give option between english and dvorak.

Is it known or to be corrected?
    In LunaCE, to switch between different languages, just single-tap the language button on the keyboard.
    If your current keyboard language supports different keyboard layouts (like QWERTY and Dvorak for English), you can press-and-hold the button to bring up a list of keyboard layouts of your currently selected keyboard language.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)