Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I don't know if there is a specific channel, but webos-ports channel is #webos-ports on freenode
    it shows Zero people on that channel lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Man, LunaCE is very sweet.

Now if only OpenMobile delivers on running Android apps within cards!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    they already have 2 different layouts in LunaCE lol just press the English button next to the space bar in LunaCE and you have another Dvorak version. Not sure I know what version that even is but it changes the keyboard layout.
    Right.. I've been battling with where that bloody 'English' key came from!
    The extra key there used to be activated or removed only by 'Regional Settings' --> ' Auto Correction and Keyboard' --> Add (keyboard) --> language --> none' when it toggled from 'En' to 'Qwy'
    ... but now it seems that the it is hard wired into LunaCE and is not returnable to a largeer single key (which I prefer!) ??
    Correct me if I'm wrong..
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Removing LunaCE is designed to get you back to the original state. However, things can sometimes go wrong. That's why we supply the recovery package, so you can recover easily when things go wrong.

Best case, either should work fine. Worst case, use the recovery package.

-- Rod

But I just doctored 3.0.5, and must therefore have had a 'bog standard' (best case) Factory LunaSysmgr.. and still LunaCE complained on install that it was not in 'Factory Condition'..

Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Right.. I've been battling with where that bloody 'English' key came from!
    The extra key there used to be activated or removed only by 'Regional Settings' --> ' Auto Correction and Keyboard' --> Add (keyboard) --> language --> none' when it toggled from 'En' to 'Qwy'
    ... but now it seems that the it is hard wired into LunaCE and is not returnable to a largeer single key (which I prefer!) ??
    Correct me if I'm wrong..
    yes it seems to be added into LunaCE but I've never seen it before.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yes it seems to be added into LunaCE but I've never seen it before.

No.. nor had I! But there was an update with 3.0.5 to give the option of that extra key in order to work around the stupid auto-correct intrusion! And as I happened to be playing with installing various KB Themes at the time, got really confused as to where it was actually coming from!!

Must be the new 'keyboard layouts' refered to @ LunarCE.

I want an option to remove the cheeky little b*stard again

Last edited by Mutoidi; 08/29/2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: re-edit foul language!
  7.    #287  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    But I just doctored 3.0.5, and must therefore have had a 'bog standard' (best case) Factory LunaSysmgr.. and still LunaCE complained on install that it was not in 'Factory Condition'..

Post the md5sum of your "best case" LunaSysMgr binary and the doctor jar you used.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    adv. browser links in webpages seem to die if you open the browser tabs or switch between apps and then return to original browser page.
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    I tried installing the Luna CE but failed saying it is not in factory condition. Seeing suggestion to remove Faster card animations, I removed those patches and restarted. Now, none of the system related apps - preware, device info, save restore etc do not run. They hang in the start screen. Please help.
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    You will need to discuss this with the authors of those patches to determine why removing them caused that issue.

Have you installed the recovery Palm LunaSysMgr as directed in the first post?

-- Rod
    I have not as I cannot run preware. Any other method to do so?
  11.    #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by cvendra View Post
    I tried installing the Luna CE but failed saying it is not in factory condition. Seeing suggestion to remove Faster card animations, I removed those patches and restarted. Now, none of the system related apps - preware, device info, save restore etc do not run. They hang in the start screen. Please help.
    You will need to discuss this with the authors of those patches to determine why removing them caused that issue.

Have you installed the recovery Palm LunaSysMgr as directed in the first post?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  12.    #292  
    Quote Originally Posted by cvendra View Post
    I have not as I cannot run preware. Any other method to do so?
    Use palm-install from the SDK.

If that is not something you're familiar with, then use the webOS Doctor to wipe your device and start again.

-- Rod
    Just installed it from the beta feeds and have 1 bug to report and suggest 2 features:
    bug: tabbed cards - when there are more than 1 separate stacks in tab view the first card from the other stack stays as a background to the tabbed stack.

features:
    1. In addition to show device name in the carrier string have an option to show the name on the part where it have lunaCE version now, this way multiple TPs will be easily identified if docked or locked with the PIN screen.
    2. Have a 2 finger gesture where you could merge 2 stacks ie be able to move the stack around as if it was single card.

P.S. Well another request/question:
    I see languages layouts build in. Is there a way to contribute to the layouts for other not so popular languages?
    I've used isigar2004's method before the LunaCE(Cool Edition).
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer765 View Post
    little issue. On TouchPad 4G units, the AT&T Communication Manager app doesn't load at all with LunaCE installed. Removing LunaCE fixes it.
    Same here with a TP4G on AT&T. Within LunaCE, tapping to open the app yields only highlighting around the edges of the icon for a few seconds.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Yellowhammer; 08/29/2012 at 10:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    Use palm-install from the SDK.

If that is not something you're familiar with, then use the webOS Doctor to wipe your device and start again.

-- Rod
    doesn't quick install support this?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    If you go to the right thread and ask, it might be possible, if it hasnt been done already. Check here:

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html

I scrolled down and I did see a Norweigan layout, by the way
    I have tried to post a question in that thread but I get an error (505 I think) every time.
    I would like to have the danish layout ported to LunaCE.

Martin :-)
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by martinjochimsen View Post
    I have tried to post a question in that thread but I get an error (505 I think) every time.
    I would like to have the danish layout ported to LunaCE.

Martin :-)
    ... and also the German one
    I think the best would be to 'ingrate' the layouts that was created into LunaCE in any way to directly switch them ore select the layout you what in the config of the language/keyboard scene.

The missing German layout is the only thing that stops me from installing. We , as some other languages, have special characters that we use daily () and it is pain in the *** to switch to the special characters every time you need one or hope that auto correct will fix it.

I use a German Layout that has all this characters on the main keyboard plus the left/right arrows.

HaPe
    It would be good to have an option in Tweaks to choose if the arrow keys are both on the "Right" side of the keyboard as well or to have the "left" arrow on the "left" and the "right" one on the "right" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    I think the best would be to 'ingrate' the layouts that was created into LunaCE in any way to directly switch them ore select the layout you what in the config of the language/keyboard scene.

The missing German layout is the only thing that stops me from installing. We , as some other languages, have special characters that we use daily () and it is pain in the *** to switch to the special characters every time you need one or hope that auto correct will fix it.

I use a German Layout that has all this characters on the main keyboard plus the left/right arrows.

HaPe
    So I take it you are still on 3.0.5?
    I see you are a Homebrew developer. Is this kind of programming what you do? ;-)
    And you are right. It takes the joy out of writing anything on the TP when you have to switch or hold down a key and then wait for the pop-up when you need a special character.
  20.    #300  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Agreed. Who is going to contribute the code to do this?

Hint: look in the LunaSysMgr source tree at Src/ime/tabletkeymaps/*.h ...

-- Rod
    AMR-1 likes this.