Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes
    Hey, I am getting a bit confused. What's the difference between removing LunaCE alpha and restoring Palm LunaSysMgr which is provided in Preware? If removing LunaCE will get me back to LunaSysMgr, then what's the point of having the original LunaSysMgr file provided in Preware.
    I want to try LunaCE beta, but can't figure out what to do. Thanks in advance.
  2.    #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnleo View Post
    Hey, I am getting a bit confused. What's the difference between removing LunaCE alpha and restoring Palm LunaSysMgr which is provided in Preware? If removing LunaCE will get me back to LunaSysMgr, then what's the point of having the original LunaSysMgr file provided in Preware.
    I want to try LunaCE beta, but can't figure out what to do. Thanks in advance.
    Removing LunaCE is designed to get you back to the original state. However, things can sometimes go wrong. That's why we supply the recovery package, so you can recover easily when things go wrong.

Best case, either should work fine. Worst case, use the recovery package.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Removing LunaCE is designed to get you back to the original state. However, things can sometimes go wrong. That's why we supply the recovery package, so you can recover easily when things go wrong.

Best case, either should work fine. Worst case, use the recovery package.

-- Rod
    I see, thanks.
    little issue. On TouchPad 4G units, the AT&T Communication Manager app doesn't load at all with LunaCE installed. Removing LunaCE fixes it.
    Devices:
    HP TouchPad WiFi 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.2 Kernel 3.0
    HP TouchPad 4G 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.1 MBM Beta
    HTC One (T-Mobile)
    Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 2012
    Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer765 View Post
    little issue. On TouchPad 4G units, the AT&T Communication Manager app doesn't load at all with LunaCE installed. Removing LunaCE fixes it.
    you should go to the irc channel and report that there.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Is it possible to get a Norwegian keyboard layout?
    Quote Originally Posted by olebl View Post
    Is it possible to get a Norwegian keyboard layout?
    If you go to the right thread and ask, it might be possible, if it hasnt been done already. Check here:

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html

I scrolled down and I did see a Norweigan layout, by the way
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Whilst I figure out how to bug report on irc, is anybody else having issue with taps doing nothing when located at the bottom 5mm of the screen? Happens in all orientations but doesn't affect the keyboard. Tap ripple happens and that's it, no links etc work until the tap is out of that area.
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSnomad View Post
    Whilst I figure out how to bug report on irc, is anybody else having issue with taps doing nothing when located at the bottom 5mm of the screen? Happens in all orientations but doesn't affect the keyboard. Tap ripple happens and that's it, no links etc work until the tap is out of that area.
    you should change your gesture setting . If its set to fluid it won't work because it needs an exaggerated motion to work you could change to swipe or the other setting in tweaks .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you should change your gesture setting . If its set to fluid it won't work because it needs an exaggerated motion to work you could change to swipe or the other setting in tweaks .
    I've got it set to swipe, used slide too, same result
    after a Luna restart it should .… wait what other patches you gots installed ? Maybe one of the nav patches or web browser patches is conflicting with it somehow?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    If you go to the right thread and ask, it might be possible, if it hasnt been done already. Check here:

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html

I scrolled down and I did see a Norweigan layout, by the way
    From what I understood this only works with standard Luna and not Luna CE(Cool Edition).
    It'll be even cooler if Internalz can come up with a easy way of adding additional kb layouts.
    Isagar2004 method works and I've done it since the layouts there didn't included the json file that I needed, but then again it'll be nice to have that there.
    I understand that Touchpads are not that wide spread but yet there are people that I know that speak/write more than one language and own one.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoRn View Post
    From what I understood this only works with standard Luna and not Luna CE(Cool Edition).
    It'll be even cooler if Internalz can come up with a easy way of adding additional kb layouts.
    Isagar2004 method works and I've done it since the layouts there didn't included the json file that I needed, but then again it'll be nice to have that there.
    I understand that Touchpads are not that wide spread but yet there are people that I know that speak/write more than one language and own one.
    they already have 2 different layouts in LunaCE lol just press the English button next to the space bar in LunaCE and you have another Dvorak version. Not sure I know what version that even is but it changes the keyboard layout.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    they already have 2 different layouts in LunaCE lol just press the English button next to the space bar in LunaCE and you have another Dvorak version. Not sure I know what version that even is but it changes the keyboard layout.
    I'm talking different languages and the dvorak is just another layout for english the same way qwerty is.
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSnomad View Post
    The couple of pixels around the edges of the display are considered a "dead" zone now, which is used to prevent bezel gestures from being sent into applications. (so when you do an upswipe, for example, you may notice that whatever app you were in at the time, does not start scrolling wildly, which is something that affected stock Luna quite annoyingly .. and when we added the other bezel swipes, it became even worse, since now your left and right swipes would get accepted by the applications as well)

Double tapping, however, should work. I'm not sure why that is, but it does.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Double tapping, however, should work. I'm not sure why that is, but it does.
    Double taps are a separate event, the deadzone only catches mousedowns.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Double taps are a separate event, the deadzone only catches mousedowns.
    And now I have enlightenment!
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    mousedowns.
    Mousedowns?? Is that a real word? I thought that word only existed in cat heaven where they also have 36 pseudonyms for it.
    what is the IRC channel for LunaCE ??
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 08/29/2012 at 01:14 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    what is the ice channel for LunaCE ??
    I don't know if there is a specific channel, but webos-ports channel is #webos-ports on freenode