Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes
    so what are these arrow buttons for anyways ? For moving around in text fields I assume ?? Works well so far. I also like the new keyboard layout button . Being able to switch up in a flash is kool . Smilies buttons now work too . Kool the .com button works as well , that's always nice lol. Thanks guys!! . With my new themed keyboard I'm enjoying all this coolness !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    NICE work on the New Arrows KB... Thank you SO much!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    so what are these arrow buttons for anyways ? For moving around in text fields I assume ??
    Yes.. saves randomly stabbing at the screen with your fat finger in order to correct a recent typo etc too!
    Phew!

Coupla extra re-suggestions:

1). Extend Numerals/Arrows KB row to full width now. (Images attached).
    2). Allow .'Enable Search Icon' switching in 'Tweaks' to automatically remove/replace standard 'Just Type' screen bar.
    3). With 'No Launcher Button' (and extra Icons in Bar) Patch installed - allow 9 Icons,

4). Another issue I have noticed re-occuring (and I don't think it is just my machine) is a glitchy rendering of some graphics layers in Apps when the Lower Minimum Brightness Patch (or in this case the LunaCE version of it) is installed.
    I first noticed this way back in in '3.0.2' - when the 'watermark' and colours in the Email App were 'randomly' missing or faded.
    it took me ages to work out what it was.. and it seems that at certain (low) levels of screen brightness these graphics layers are not rendering correctly.
    I noticed it again tonight with LunaCE at low brightness, when the VKB color theme-graphics I have installed were also faded. It was 'fixed' by simply turning up the brightness a little.
    Annoying though! Has anyone else ever noticed this?

GO 'Lunacy'!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 08/28/2012 at 12:09 PM.
    geekpeter likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Well, not for me unfortanetly
    You can't swipe the last card to the left to get to the first card or swipe the first card to the right to get to the last card?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    NICE work on the New Arrows KB... Thank you SO much!

Yes.. saves randomly stabbing at the screen with your fat finger in order to correct a recent typo etc too!
    Phew!

Coupla extra re-suggestions:

Extend Numerals/Arrows KB row to full width now. (Images attached).
    Allow .'Enable Search Icon' switching in 'Tweaks' to automatically remove/replace standard 'Just Type' screen bar.
    With 'No Launcher Button' (and extra Icons in Bar) Patch installed - allow 9 Icons,

GO 'Lunacy'!

Where can I get the arrows patch? Or it is just the old patch which is already compatible with the latest LunaCE.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnleo View Post
    Where can I get the arrows patch? Or it is just the old patch which is already compatible with the latest LunaCE.
    the arrows come inside LunaCE you just load it up , no other patch needed.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    and of course there is some other stuff in there as well lol
    really kool stuff!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by johnleo View Post
    The 'Arrows Patch' is now INcluded in LunaCE.. if you are happy and ready to install it.
    Otherwise here: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html ...if you are not installing LunaCE.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 08/28/2012 at 11:45 AM.
    liking the left/right arrows on the side of the numbers, looking good, the numbers looks a little squashed now, is it possible to have ALL our keys fill the keyboard/screen width?

so far only the top row and asdf.. rows have a small qty of space, may as well have them fill all gaps and use the extra space.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    liking the left/right arrows on the side of the numbers, looking good.
    hey you got any new kool keyboard themes going yet?? Lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    liking the left/right arrows on the side of the numbers, looking good, the numbers looks a little squashed now, is it possible to have ALL our keys fill the keyboard/screen width?

so far only the top row and asdf.. rows have a small qty of space, may as well have them fill all gaps and use the extra space.

Quite agree - as at my post #242 above!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hey you got any new kool keyboard themes going yet?? Lol
    i kinda suck at gfx/arty farty things tbh, im actually way out of my depth using todays graphics packages to me their alien (youd be amazed how frustrated i was using gimp trying to do something supposedly simple like add a black border to an image, i nearly beat my monitor to death, on dpaint you'd grab your image/brush, pick black and press O, job done, with GIMP, omg nothing even close to that easy.), ive never been good at that kinda stuff, i was only semi decent donkeys ago using deluxe paint/ppaint on the amiga, i could actually draw/build stuff np back then, i find photoshop/gimp more useful for editing stuff rather than making things, esp simple things, i find it tradgicly too hard.

I was kinda hoping ppl with actual photoshop godlike powers would do more, ive tried more keyboard/button types but they either look amazingly bad because i cant change font sizes or colours or when i gravitate back towards colors/sizes/shapes that do work they all end up looking nearly identical.

maybe 1 day in the future we will have a full keyboard ravamp allowing the likes of garret and anyone else skilled in that area to create far superior themed keyboards.

My own efforts were more of an attempt to make something in the hope that others with more skill would say, i can do better or i could change that into something better, leadign to a nice collection to add to theme manager, esp a nice thought if theme manager 1 day gets the hopeful ability to automatically find themes online rather than downloading them off a website.

any awesome gfx experts out there? the images involded really are dead simple to change, and you can just re-use anyone elses keyboard theme and change their info/text in the .json and .xml to your own, copy your own images over theirs, re-zip everything and thats as hard as it gets.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 08/28/2012 at 12:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Quite agree - as at my post #242 above!

well presented, amazed i missed that, but yeah a good example you showed in your attachments.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    Arrows are back in 4.4.2 - thank you guys :-)
    Time for me to finally install LunaCE YAYYYYY!!!!! Maybe I get it done tonight..
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I've been enjoying lunacy for a while now.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Time for me to finally install LunaCE YAYYYYY!!!!! Maybe I get it done tonight..
    What took you so long?! Just kidding, I just got around to installing it a couple hours ago. lol
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I've been enjoying lunacy for a while now.
    You don't have to be crazy, but it sure helps!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    What took you so long?! Just kidding, I just got around to installing it a couple hours ago. lol
    HAHAHA okay so little rant first.

I had got some virus on my windows install on my desktop.... to be safe I wiped the entire HD and did clean install (since it is hardwired into my network with my HTPC, etc). Well went to go command line to enable alpha feeds (only had beta feeds enabled) and realized I had NOTHING installed for webOS thus my TP would only get recognized as a USB drive. So I went to download my doctors/webOS QI/novacom/etc and internet was being slow so I let it be... finally got enough installed that I should be able to command line, and I haven't gone back to it (wife started new shifts etc). I could have done it with my HTPC, but didn't wanna mess around with TP plugged in in one room and looking at a TV in another room. /rant

Also I didn't want to lose my arrow keys, I find I use them daily pretty much, I could probably live without them, but I would be annoyed.

Soooooo hopefully tonight I sit down at the desk for a few minutes and get everything installed to the point that I can do it wherever w/o a computer.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  18.    #258  
    LunaCE 4.5.0 is now in the beta feed.

You need to uninstall 4.4.x before you can install 4.5.0, due to a package id change.

Mojo apps using encryption should work now.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Thanks Rod. Am I correct in thinking that the package id will also be updated for alpha releases, and that after installing the beta, those of us participating in alpha testing will get notifications when the next alpha release is posted to the feed?
  20.    #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Thanks Rod. Am I correct in thinking that the package id will also be updated for alpha releases, and that after installing the beta, those of us participating in alpha testing will get notifications when the next alpha release is posted to the feed?
    No, the package id has permanently changed. Betas will be in the beta feed, alphas will be in the alpha feed, all with the same package id but different version numbers.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals