Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    Sorry, but I'm not sure what you're asking...
    Is your question directed to me or the developers of LunaCE?
    If you mean having LunaCE include an option in Tweaks for enabling the additional QuickLaunch bar app icons (or just make it native with LunaCE) ... that would be great.
    IDK if it's possible or not, but anyone is free to do what they wish with any of my patches to make webOS better.
    This could be integrated into LSM natively, most anything's possible now we have the source. You should join us in #webos-ports on freenode IRC, we're always looking for more manpower.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    ok before I jump into installing this . Is it suggested I uninstall all patches , or is there a list of non-compatible patches and apps? Also how will subOrbital app handle this add on patch with more icons? Should I delete that app first as well?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Is there any reason why this cannot be subsumed into LunaCE itself?

-- Rod
    At the risk of soundin like a newb (if it sounds like a duck it's a duck), Would it be possible for someone to whip up a step by step youtube or FrankenPre2 type directions for now to take a preware patch and "github it" and how all that works?
    I think a lot of us in the 2nd or 3rd or wannabe teir of the HBrs are trepidatious of dippin our toes in the elite waters. :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    At the risk of soundin like a newb (if it sounds like a duck it's a duck), Would it be possible for someone to whip up a step by step youtube or FrankenPre2 type directions for now to take a preware patch and "github it" and how all that works?
    I think a lot of us in the 2nd or 3rd or wannabe teir of the HBrs are trepidatious of dippin our toes in the elite waters. :-P
    It's not quite as simple as 'githubbing' a patch- integrating it into LunaCE requires modifying the LunaSysMgr sources, which are written in C/C++.

Also @Shadavis08, there is no compatibility list for patches/applications. Largely they should work fine, there are only a select few that conflict with LunaCE.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    I'm asking because it wouldn't install lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Try installing the Palm Recovery LunaSysMgr from Preware first.
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    Hey, had the patch which removes the quicklauncher button and upgraded a while back with 3.0.5, which prevented me from uninstalling it. Now it's seems 'baked' into webos. Any idea of the file I should alter to get the quicklauncher button back ??
    Off-topic for this thread, but...
    If you had used the org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-no-launcher-button_3.0.4-9_all.ipk, try this...

Go to...
    /etc/palm/launcher3/layoutSettings.conf
    and change...
    quickLaunchBarLauncherAccessButtonVerticalOffsetPx=100
    to...
    quickLaunchBarLauncherAccessButtonVerticalOffsetPx=-0

Luna restart and the QuickLaunch Launcher button should be back.
    Although you will most likley have future install issues with other patches that effect the launcher bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Brother:
    Aside from the fresh install of palm luna noted above, there were earlier reports that mau's touch sensitivity patch and the fasted cards hyper patch cause conflicts.

- T
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Brother:
    Aside from the fresh install of palm luna noted above, there were earlier reports that mau's touch sensitivity patch and the fasted cards hyper patch cause conflicts.

- T
    yes I removed those two patches and it installed perfectly thank you my friend !!!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    well so far I have to say that LunaCE works pretty good. It will take a little getting used to of course lol also trying to figure out all the stuff it can do as well lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    Off-topic for this thread, but...
    If you had used the org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-no-launcher-button_3.0.4-9_all.ipk, try this...

Go to...
    /etc/palm/launcher3/layoutSettings.conf
    and change...
    quickLaunchBarLauncherAccessButtonVerticalOffsetPx=100
    to...
    quickLaunchBarLauncherAccessButtonVerticalOffsetPx=-0

Luna restart and the QuickLaunch Launcher button should be back.
    Although you will most likley have future install issues with other patches that effect the launcher bar.
    Sorry for my off-topic question, I should have opened a new thread^^

Anyway, thank you very much for the answer !!
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    One comment on the tabbed cards. I love it until I want to activate one of the tabbed cards. They are big enough I know which one I want to activate, so I would prefer to be able to just tap one and activate it, rather than tapping it once to blow it up, then having to tap the blown up card to activate it. I don't know if that is counter to the idea, but to me it would make it way better. I would think that could be an option in tweaks for the tabbed card view: 'tap once to activate tabbed card'

Again, I think tabbed cards are awesome, this is just a suggestion to make it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    One comment on the tabbed cards. I love it until I want to activate one of the tabbed cards. They are big enough I know which one I want to activate, so I would prefer to be able to just tap one and activate it, rather than tapping it once to blow it up, then having to tap the blown up card to activate it. I don't know if that is counter to the idea, but to me it would make it way better. I would think that could be an option in tweaks for the tabbed card view: 'tap once to activate tabbed card'

Again, I think tabbed cards are awesome, this is just a suggestion to make it better.
    yes this is what I would like too
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    can we use the touchpad home button for things? A long home button press that launches just type would be awesome I think.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    The screen did not response. Had to restart Touchpad by pressing Home and Power.
    The LunaCE are still there after reboot, but it seems ".com" in the VKB does not work. Not sure if it works or not before the crash. Anyone has the same problem?
    @johnleo - no reason to start new threads for this when the developer has this forum. Thanks

<merged>
    I can confirm that .com button doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnleo View Post
    The screen did not response. Had to restart Touchpad by pressing Home and Power.
    The LunaCE are still there after reboot, but it seems ".com" in the VKB does not work. Not sure if it works or not before the crash. Anyone has the same problem?
    Any of the keys that enter multiple things are not quite working at this time. "we" need to do some work on examining the root of the input box problems that were in the Luna when it was released, and attack them from there, I think.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Hmm, I can't figure out how to use the infinite card cycling. It's enabled but it doesn't seem to work for me. Using LunaCE 4.3.5 Tabbed cards also don't seem to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Brother:
    Those two and Buttah are all incompatible with LunaCE. Not to worry, though- the touch sensitivity improvements are built into LunaCE and it's much faster than the stock Luna as well, so you don't need the animation speed up either.