Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Nick,

It looks the script did not install because the phone would not let it write to the hard drive. This is actually a good protection normally because you would not want to alter those important files. But wait until someone else confirms what I think (and gives you instructions to let you write to the hard drive).
    All this shows what an unusual operation this is, although doable with the good help of the devs.
    That's exactly what the line containing the words "read only filesystem" is saying.

Hi Nick, here's what's going on. To protect people from themselves, the filesystem where the phone's operating system lives is read only by default. This can be changed temporarily with yet another linux command. I'm going to add two more lines to bluenote's instructions.

Note that I do not know if it's safe to rerun the VKB.sh script- someone else will have to answer that question.

4.6 Type "mount -o remount,rw /" at the linux command line.

5.5 Type "mount -o remount,ro /" at the linux command line. (if you miss this step, the "/" or root filesystem will mount read only again the next time you restart your phone)
  2.    #42  
    Thanks fellas, I'm glad the phone not working properly isn't just me.

I'll have another session with it in a few hours. Thank you all for your help and patience.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by lagoldste View Post
    Note that I do not know if it's safe to rerun the VKB.sh script- someone else will have to answer that question.
    Anyone happen to know the answer to that one? Don't want to get stuck in in case it damages the phone.
    It's safe- I've run it a few times.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  5.    #45  
    Many thanks, bluenote, lagoldste and Shifty Axel. The vkb is now working perfectly and is completely stable, thanks to you guys.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123