1.    #1  
    I was trying to install an app through Preware yesterday and it failed. Looking at the ipkg log I see that I received a "No space left on device error". I don't know exactly how to fix this and searching the forums don't see a solution other than to Doctor. I'm hoping someone else has a better suggestion.

I know my way around a command-prompt but my linux experience is very limited, especially when it comes to managing disk space. Even though I don't think I really have that many apps installed, I don't really know how much space any of them take up either so I deleted a few and tried again... same error. Running df -h yields the output shown below. Any suggestions on how to correct the error, or how to figure out what's taking up all the space on the full volume?

Thanks,
    Tim
    Code:
    Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/root                31.0M     19.1M     11.9M  62% /boot
    /dev/mapper/store-root
                            441.7M    441.7M         0 100% /
    /dev/mapper/store-root
                            441.7M    441.7M         0 100% /dev/.static/dev
    tmpfs                     2.0M    168.0K      1.8M   8% /dev
    /dev/mapper/store-var
                             62.0M     20.4M     41.6M  33% /var
    /dev/mapper/store-log
                             23.2M     12.5M     10.7M  54% /var/log
    tmpfs                    32.0M    512.0K     31.5M   2% /tmp
    tmpfs                    16.0M     56.0K     15.9M   0% /var/run
    tmpfs                    32.0M     12.0K     32.0M   0% /var/tmp
    tmpfs                   246.4M         0    246.4M   0% /media/ram
    /dev/mapper/store-media
                             13.8G      7.4G      6.5G  53% /media/internal
    cryptofs                 13.8G      7.4G      6.5G  53% /media/cryptofs
    /dev/mapper/store-cryptodb
                            135.0M     38.4M     96.6M  28% /var/db
    /dev/mapper/store-cryptofilecache
                            127.5M     91.2M     36.3M  72% /var/file-cache
    tmpfs                    32.0M    512.0K     31.5M   2% /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
    /dev/loop0              124.0M     96.4M     21.1M  82% /opt
    tmpfs                    32.0M    512.0K     31.5M   2% /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/tmp
    /dev/mapper/store-root
                            441.7M    441.7M         0 100% /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/lib
    /dev/mapper/store-root
                            441.7M    441.7M         0 100% /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/bin
    /dev/mapper/store-root
                            441.7M    441.7M         0 100% /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/usr/bin
    /dev/mapper/store-root
                            441.7M    441.7M         0 100% /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/usr/lib
    /dev/mapper/store-root
                            441.7M    441.7M         0 100% /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/usr/palm/frameworks
    /dev/mapper/store-root
                            441.7M    441.7M         0 100% /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/usr/palm/nodejs
    /dev/mapper/store-root
                            441.7M    441.7M         0 100% /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/usr/palm/data
    /dev/mapper/store-root
                            441.7M    441.7M         0 100% /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/usr/share
    /dev/mapper/store-root
                            441.7M    441.7M         0 100% /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/usr/palm/services
    /dev/mapper/store-root
                            441.7M    441.7M         0 100% /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/usr/palm/public
    tmpfs                     2.0M    168.0K      1.8M   8% /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/dev/shm
    /dev/mapper/store-root
                            441.7M    441.7M         0 100% /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/etc/ssl
    /dev/mapper/store-var
                             62.0M     20.4M     41.6M  33% /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/var/ssl/trustedcerts
    /dev/mapper/store-var
                             62.0M     20.4M     41.6M  33% /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/var/ssl/certs
    /dev/mapper/store-var
                             62.0M     20.4M     41.6M  33% /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/var/ssl/crl
    /dev/mapper/store-root
                            441.7M    441.7M         0 100% /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/etc/ls2
    tmpfs                     2.0M    168.0K      1.8M   8% /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/dev/logdir
    /dev/mapper/store-var
                             62.0M     20.4M     41.6M  33% /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/var/luna/preferences
    /dev/mapper/store-cryptofilecache
                            127.5M     91.2M     36.3M  72% /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/var/file-cache
    /dev/mapper/store-root
                            441.7M    441.7M         0 100% /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/etc/palm
    /dev/mapper/store-media
                             13.8G      7.4G      6.5G  53% /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/media/internal
    tmpfs                    16.0M     56.0K     15.9M   0% /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/var/run
    cryptofs                 13.8G      7.4G      6.5G  53% /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/
    services/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs
  2.    #2  
    Shoot... I didn't intend to post this here. My apologies but I forgot to pay attention to which forum I was in. If a mod can move this to a more appropriate forum I'd appreciate it.
    Stumped << click this thing

i read the post Sledge suggested and deleted the files i mention in my last post, which is buried somewhere in the aforementioned link i was given, just had to delete 2 files which were nowhere near the sizes others had experienced, but cured my issue and not had the issue since
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately it's not my /var filesystem that's filled up so those files aren't the culprit. I can't really find a file that's very big, but I must be overlooking something.
    Quote Originally Posted by ALuckyGuy View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately it's not my /var filesystem that's filled up so those files aren't the culprit. I can't really find a file that's very big, but I must be overlooking something.
    mine also showed as fine but i deleted them anyways and it fixed it after a reboot neways.
  6.    #6  
    Ok, I tried it. Deleted both and rebooted... still no go. /dev/mapper/store-root is still 100% and I can't install anything.

Thanks though. I learned some useful things readying that other thread.
    In this thread you can read what Rod suggested.
  8.    #8  
    Interesting... I didn't not see that thread originally when I searched. Even though it's related to the Touchpad it seems almost identical to the problem I've run into on my Pre 2. I even had items related to /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/ like the original poster, but those are gone now following a reboot.

I really have no idea what could have caused this and I haven't been doing anything manually to the device. I've only used Preware and the official HP Catalog App to install things. I don't know if a badly behaved patch could cause the trouble or not, but I haven't even installed any new patches recently. I first hit the error when trying to install a new kernel, which failed due to this error. I'd really like to determine what's taking up so much space.

I used the find / -type f -size +10000k -exec du -h {} \; mentioned in that thread to determine which files are taking up a lot of space, but all of them are in /media/internal or other mount points that have lots of free space. The only exceptions are the two below, which aren't taking up a ton of space and don't look out of the ordinary.
    14.1M /usr/share/fonts/HeiS_nb.ttf
    14.3M /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so

Just for kicks I uninstalled all my patches. Now I have 2.1M available on the full device. Still at 100% but more free space than it had, that's for sure. Where wish I knew how to determine where exactly this space is being eaten up. 441.7M is quite a bit of space.
    Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/mapper/store-root 441.7M 439.6M 2.1M 100% /
    /dev/mapper/store-root 441.7M 439.6M 2.1M 100% /dev/.static/dev

I suppose I need to Doctor but I'd sure like to know what went wrong and where all the space is, if only to avoid having to do this again.
    I had this once when, I think, $HOME of root was somewhere in the root directory.
    I think they changed it to /var/home. I had some files in the $HOME of root. And then it was full.
    But don't remember.

EDIT: And so you can find such posts: Type in the google search bar:
    site:forums.webosnation.com "no space left"
    Last edited by somline; 07/11/2012 at 02:41 PM.
  10.    #10  
    The posts I've read seem to be predominantly related the Touchpad and /var filling up. The link you provided is interesting in that it seems to be the same problem I'm having on my Pre 2, but unfortunately it seems only a Doctor is suggested. Oh well... I guess I'll have to Doctor. Thanks for the help