1.    #1  
    I have a Sprint Pre- that has a cracked screen and a fully working AT&T Pre 2 (a developer device, never activated). The Sprint Pre- was previously used/activated but when the screen cracked, I switched to a diff Pre-.

Can I use the comm board from this Pre- for the Franken Pre2? Or does it need to be already activated?
    If I can use this, how do I then replace my current Pre- (which is still activated and used on Sprint) with the Franken one?
    Last I read, it has to be active when you do the swap. I'm hoping they will find a way around that eventually, so swaps are easier in the future.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Possibly. Try to google and find yourself a copy of a Sprint webOS 2.x doctor....search for Palm-webOS-Doctor_webOS-Sprint-pre_pre_sprint.jar. If you get that you should be able to extract the sprint provisioner...it will take some doing but possible. Much easier if you have a pre- or +. Good luck!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by hans109h View Post
    Possibly. Try to google and find yourself a copy of a Sprint webOS 2.x doctor....search for Palm-webOS-Doctor_webOS-Sprint-pre_pre_sprint.jar. If you get that you should be able to extract the sprint provisioner...it will take some doing but possible. Much easier if you have a pre- or +. Good luck!
    Thanks. So what exactly do I do once I have the jar file? Is the provisioner a program inside that? Do I run the provisioner program directly with the franken pre?
    There are a couple of detailed Franken Pre 2 threads. You should read them thoroughly and not start until you understand what you're getting into. I wouldn't attempt something new that requires an illegally distributed beta doctor.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I'd think your best bet would be to take apart the one with the broke screen and the one that has the correct software on it, then put the modem from the broken one into the good one, then activate it, then do the Franken.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I'd think your best bet would be to take apart the one with the broke screen and the one that has the correct software on it, then put the modem from the broken one into the good one, then activate it, then do the Franken.
    Thanks, that sounds like a good suggestion. Would this deactivate the good one? Or would they both now be valid?