1.    #1  
    I keep on trying, and no matter how hard I try, I cannot install uberkernel. Every time it fails, I have even tried resetting the TP to factory and trying to install it again, but it does not work. I really want to overclock to get FPSE working better in CM9, right now almost every game I play has some kind of issue, most importantly, my beloved chrono cross....

I have guvnah, it installed correctly, but uberkernel wont work. If anyone has overcome this issue, please let me know !
    Thanks so much
    What's the error message?

You could try Warthog from the beta feeds. It's been running fine on my TP and can overclock up to 1.7 GHz (I don't remember what UberKernel is capable of).
  3.    #3  
    The error message is
    Kernel
    Error Installing: See IPKG Log

the IPKG Log says-

Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad.postinst2>&1

How do I gain access to the beta feeds? I tried using this guide Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    however it said I had to go to the linux command line and I do not know how to do this...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You are trying to do something without following the directions. Part of installing any kernel is to agree to fully read through all information and requirements. Your question has been answered many many times with the developer requiring the person with the issue to stop what they are doing and read first.

Here are the links to the directions.... please read them fully because if you simply try and jump in, you can truly mess up your device.

WebOS Internals Uber-Kernel

Testing Feeds:
    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by numberonepad View Post
    The error message is
    Kernel
    Error Installing: See IPKG Log

the IPKG Log says-

Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad.postinst2>&1

How do I gain access to the beta feeds? I tried using this guide Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    however it said I had to go to the linux command line and I do not know how to do this...
    You should try the following:

1. install the palm kernel and reboot
    2. After reboot, install the uberkernal and reboot
    3. Try if you can change the overclocking in govnah.

Good luck.
    Your TouchPad wears pink underwear.
    (if you don't get this old webOS joke, uninstall CM9)
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 05/06/2012 at 03:18 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    You are trying to do something without following the directions. Part of installing any kernel is to agree to fully read through all information and requirements. Your question has been answered many many times with the developer requiring the person with the issue to stop what they are doing and read first.
    Well, I have read the directions to the best of my ability. Perhaps I am missing something, which is why I asked.

The first link says to just go into preware, and install uberkernel, and restart. I have tried that, but it gives an error. I posted a link to that error.

The second link for WebOS internals DOES give instructions on getting the beta feeds, but it doesn't give instructions on how to get to the command line, which is what I was asking. It just says
    "2. Gain access to the Linux command line on your device and run the following two commands."

my question is, how to get to the command line? If anyone could answer that for me I would appreciate it. I have read the instructions. If I missed a part and you would like to highlight it for me, that would be great.

Also to the person who suggested I install the palm kernel, restart and then try and install uberkernel, I have tried that as well, no dice.
    To get to the commandline:

Connect your device to your computer (do not put it in USB mode) and open up QuickInstall.
    Go to Tools> Linux Commandline
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    To get to the commandline:

Connect your device to your computer (do not put it in USB mode) and open up QuickInstall.
    Go to Tools> Linux Commandline
    Thank you. Unfortunately, now my comp is not recognizing my TP in quick install.. I'm not having a good run! (it's a different comp than the one I set up this TP on)
    Thank you. Unfortunately, now my comp is not recognizing my TP in quick install.. I'm not having a good run! (it's a different comp than the one I set up this TP on)
    You may gain access on the device by installing xecutah and xterm from preware
    I keep on trying, and no matter how hard I try, I cannot install uberkernel. Every time it fails, I have even tried resetting the TP to factory and trying to install it again, but it does not work. I really want to overclock to get FPSE working better in CM9, right now almost every game I play has some kind of issue, most importantly, my beloved chrono cross....

I have guvnah, it installed correctly, but uberkernel wont work. If anyone has overcome this issue, please let me know !
    Thanks so much
    Wait...are you trying to overclock Android or webOS? If you want to overclock CM9, all you have to do is download setCPU or some app like that from the Play Store and scale to what you want it. You dont use uberkernel to overclock CM9
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Wait...are you trying to overclock Android or webOS? If you want to overclock CM9, all you have to do is download setCPU or some app like that from the Play Store and scale to what you want it. You dont use uberkernel to overclock CM9
    @jsgraphicart YES I am trying to overclock ICS! That is really exciting! Thank you so much! I'm going to try it right now.
    Also thanks creepingmee I will give that a try as well but I don't really need webOS overclocked, although I would like too, it's just giving me so much hassle.. well, I'll probably still give it a shot. First though, ICS. I just assumed overclocking webOS overclocked the whole system and would overclock ICS as well, which is what I really want, so I can get better rates with FPSE
    @jsgraphicart YES I am trying to overclock ICS! That is really exciting! Thank you so much! I'm going to try it right now.
    Also thanks creepingmee I will give that a try as well but I don't really need webOS overclocked, although I would like too, it's just giving me so much hassle.. well, I'll probably still give it a shot. First though, ICS. I just assumed overclocking webOS overclocked the whole system and would overclock ICS as well, which is what I really want, so I can get better rates with FPSE
    From what I get from everything, overclocking one OS doesnt overclock the other. The CPU is set based on what the OS setting have it set to. So if you want CM9 overclocked, you have to overclock it in CM9.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html