Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hi All,

I am new to this forum and have begun to start tweaking webos on my touchpad. I have a dual boot touchpad (also running ICS CM9), but have come back to webos in that it seems to be more polished.

I have done some reading and have completed some tweaks to improve the webos performance, such as set logging to minimal, installed preware and got some performance related patches.

I have also installed govnah, and uberkernel with the hope to overclock. Initially, uberkernel would not install but I installed the default kernal, and was then able to install uberkernel.

My question has to do when I run govnah, and tap on "Profile." When I do so, I only get the following 3 profiles:

OnDemandTcl 1728

OnDemandTcl 1512

Uberkernel Default

I have 2 questions which I hope some of you can help with:

1. In referring to some guides online, some pictures show a "Palm Default" profile. I don't have that profile as an option. Is this the same as the "Uberkernel Default?" Is it normal not to have a "Palm Default" profile?

2. If I want to overclock to 1.5 ghz, should I select "OnDemandTcl 1512?"

3. Does selecting "OnDemandTcl1728" result in overclocking to 1.7 ghz?

Thanks in advance for your help!

PS On webos v. 3.0.5 and running govnah 1.3.9
    Last edited by kcirradx; 02/28/2012 at 12:34 AM.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    yes 1512 would be 1.512 and 1728 would be 1.728 GHz. You can also click advanced settings and set your own parameters to save as a new profile. There are several choices, screenstate, ondemandtcl, lagfree, conservative, performance etc. Play with the settings and find what works the best for your device, just keep an eye on device temp. My pre 2 handles 1.2ghz fine but my old pixi would start locking up and running hot @ 876.2 MHz but fine @ 806.4 mhz.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bru3184 View Post
    yes 1512 would be 1.512 and 1728 would be 1.728 GHz. You can also click advanced settings and set your own parameters to save as a new profile. There are several choices, screenstate, ondemandtcl, lagfree, conservative, performance etc. Play with the settings and find what works the best for your device, just keep an eye on device temp. My pre 2 handles 1.2ghz fine but my old pixi would start locking up and running hot @ 876.2 MHz but fine @ 806.4 mhz.
    Thank you for the information.

With respect to the fact that I do not have an option "Palm Default" profile, is that normal?

Is the "Uberkernel Default" the same as "Palm Default'?

Thank you!