My experience with patches and the 3.0.5 OTA update followed by EPR and AUSMT.
I installed EPR to uninstall ALL patches prior to running 3.0.5 OTA update.
Post update, I installed 22 patches via the 'alpha' feeds. But, for some reason the 'Muffle System Logging patch' would not install.
I once again installed EPR to uninstall all the patches, but running EPR did not remove any of the patches.
I then installed 'AUSMT Recovery - Full' to remove the patches. But, this too failed to remove any of the patches.
I then uninstalled all the patches individually, one by one.
I then tried to install the 'Muffle System Logging patch', but still was still not able to do so.
I doctored the TouchPad and only then was I able to finally the 'Muffle System Logging' patch.