webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  WebOS Internals > AUSMT problems
AUSMT problems

Old 01/22/2012, 08:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

When trying to update all of my patches on webOS 3.0.5, I get error messages from the mojo smooth scrolling and the mojo tap responsiveness patches. All other patches go in great. Here's the error message I get.

Begin
Nothing Interesting.
Failed
-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-mojo-smooth-scrolling.prerm 2>&1
Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework2205.js.rej

As instructed by webOSInternals on twitter, I ran both variations of the AUSMT recovery application, and they still didnt work. I don't know much about AUSMT recovery, but all of the patches I had still worked, and showed as installed on my "Installed Packages" list.

Help?
drewksparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/2012, 08:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

unable to install download link patch after installing Add to readontouch patch. No other patches were installed as had run EPR and confirmed that all patches had been taken off.
bluenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/2012, 11:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

when in doubt, reboot, then, reboot again
SKYLARKBOY86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2012, 03:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

The alpha version of AUSMT had one bug, depending on what patches you had installed you might need to restore some files manually. For example I had to restore 2 files. So if you had alpha patches installed and have problems then uninstall all patches, run recovery and then emergency file verification utility to see what files you need to restore. I tried to make the recovery app to fix the situation but it seems that certain combinations of patches still caused the modified file to be left behind. The bug has been fixed in the latest ausmt so something like this can not happen anymore (hence the patches has now been moved into beta feeds). Specially if you have run EPR instead of AUSMT recovery there is even more changes of the files getting messed up. EPR is not aware of the AUSMT and hence it can do more damage, with working installation it should not cause problems but with the bug its possible. So with AUSMT use always the AUSMT recovery apps.
- If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
sconix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2012, 06:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I tried to switch to AUSMT (betafeeds) yesterday. Everything updated fine on my TP (3.0.5) except "muffle system logging". (I never had aplha-patches feed enabled):
I'm getting:
Code:
-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging.prerm 2>&1
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.configurator.service.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.eas.service.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imaccountvalidator.service.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imap.service.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imlibpurple.service.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imyahoo.service.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.location.service.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.mmsservice.service.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.pop.service.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.skype.service.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.skypevalidator.service.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.smsservice.service.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.smtp.service.rej
I tried both AUSMT Recovery (Basic & Full), but they doesn't seem to revert anything for me.
Should I run "emergency file verification utility"?
Old 01/23/2012, 06:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michote View Post
I tried to switch to AUSMT (betafeeds) yesterday. Everything updated fine on my TP (3.0.5) except "muffle system logging". (I never had aplha-patches feed enabled):
I'm getting:
Code:
-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging.prerm 2>&1
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.configurator.service.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.eas.service.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imaccountvalidator.service.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imap.service.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imlibpurple.service.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imyahoo.service.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.location.service.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.mmsservice.service.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.pop.service.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.skype.service.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.skypevalidator.service.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.smsservice.service.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.smtp.service.rej
I tried both AUSMT Recovery (Basic & Full), but they doesn't seem to revert anything for me.
Should I run "emergency file verification utility"?
Then you have had the muffle patch installed before the OTA I assume. Well if thats the case I think recovery should fix it, if you run the recovery before AUSMT 1.1.3 was out which is couple hours a go then the recovery did not do anything since the recovery script was missing from ausmt. So run it again now after updating the ausmt if you haven't already and it should do what EPR does. I.e. it should fix the situation, but no guarantees.
- If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
Old 01/23/2012, 07:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sconix View Post
Then you have had the muffle patch installed before the OTA I assume. Well if thats the case I think recovery should fix it, if you run the recovery before AUSMT 1.1.3 was out which is couple hours a go then the recovery did not do anything since the recovery script was missing from ausmt. So run it again now after updating the ausmt if you haven't already and it should do what EPR does. I.e. it should fix the situation, but no guarantees.
Thanks for the Info. Now AUSMT Recovery Basic solved my problem. Thanks.
Old 01/23/2012, 07:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Good to hear, thanks for the info as well. We need to know that what works for others as well so we can move this thing fully in use. This is no small task to test all this by myself
Thanked By: chriswillis
Old 01/23/2012, 08:09 AM   #9 (permalink)

Hi,
any instructions on how to do testing here?
I would guess to install the AUSMT Scripts via Preware and then install the patches?

Anything we should look for?

Greetings
Christian
chris42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2012, 09:00 AM   #10 (permalink)

these all work on unpatched touchpad, no uberkernel

add to readontouch (but conflicts with download link patch)
advanced reset
bigger active screen
disable lock screen
increase touch sensitiviy
max blocker
more standby times
muffle system
reduce minimum brightness
removed dropped packet
unset CFQ
unthrottle download manager

Thanks!
bluenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2012, 10:28 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
Hi,
any instructions on how to do testing here?
I would guess to install the AUSMT Scripts via Preware and then install the patches?

Anything we should look for?

Greetings
Christian
Well with the currently released patches there isn't that much to test. Of course to install/remove patches is good to see that all keeps working. Also running the AUSMT recovery app(s) is a good test to see that if you are able to install everything back after it. The next real tests will be once we get the patches that patch apps in /media/cryptofs and when next OTA comes

Also I would be interest to hear a test result form someone that has theme installed via Theme Manager and few of these new patches. Then run AUSMT recovery and see if the theme and patches gets removed and that you can re-apply the theme after / install patches back.
Old 01/23/2012, 10:43 AM   #12 (permalink)

sconix,

Thanks for all the hard work. How does AUSMT work with local patch installs? Is it an update that has to come to internalz and webOS QI?
frantid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2012, 10:45 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frantid View Post
sconix,

Thanks for all the hard work. How does AUSMT work with local patch installs? Is it an update that has to come to internalz and webOS QI?
Your welcome. Yes they need to be updated as well, and afaik Jason is working on it.
Old 01/23/2012, 10:51 AM   #14 (permalink)

Thanks. How do I submit a beta patch?
frantid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2012, 10:53 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frantid View Post
Thanks. How do I submit a beta patch?
Well you can't, the patch portal isn't that flexible that we could easily make it to accept beta patches. But don't worry AUSMT is going to go public very soon for 3.0.5 and then patch portal starts accepting 3.0.5 patches.
Thanked By: frantid
Old 01/23/2012, 02:34 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
I had both Muffle System logging and Mojo tap responsiveness both installed before the OTA and now both failing to either uninstall or upgrade. Trying AUSMT Recovery basic...

Will update in a few

update. AUSMT Recovery Basic fixed both these problems! Was able to install the updated versions with no problem.

one thing I noticed was that once I first ran preware after recovery/rebooting I think it showed no patches installed, but after I installed those two patches then it said that there where 3 patches, the third which I guess was not uninstalled by recovery was "arrows right corner keyboard layout"

thanks Sconix!

Last edited by chriswillis; 01/23/2012 at 02:57 PM.
chriswillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/2012, 02:25 AM   #17 (permalink)

My experience with patches and the 3.0.5 OTA update followed by EPR and AUSMT.

I installed EPR to uninstall ALL patches prior to running 3.0.5 OTA update.
Post update, I installed 22 patches via the 'alpha' feeds. But, for some reason the 'Muffle System Logging patch' would not install.
I once again installed EPR to uninstall all the patches, but running EPR did not remove any of the patches.
I then installed 'AUSMT Recovery - Full' to remove the patches. But, this too failed to remove any of the patches.
I then uninstalled all the patches individually, one by one.
I then tried to install the 'Muffle System Logging patch', but still was still not able to do so.
I doctored the TouchPad and only then was I able to finally the 'Muffle System Logging' patch.

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
Sanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: don_falcone
Old 01/24/2012, 02:37 AM   #18 (permalink)

By the way, three patches seem to have gone missing during the transition from the 'alpha' feeds to the 'beta' feeds. Earlier there were 67 available patches and now there are only 64. Two of the patches that I can identify are:
1. Mimic Outlook Formatting on Email Reply/Forward (Email)
2. System Control Optimization (System)

Old 01/24/2012, 02:56 AM   #19 (permalink)

Experiences with my 2nd TouchPad:
Post update, I installed 23 patches including the 'Muffle System Logging patch' via the 'alpha' feeds.
Instead of just updating the patches now available in the 'beta' feeds, I wished to start fresh with the patches. Thus, I installed 'AUSMT Recovery - Full' to remove the patches. But, this failed to remove any of the patches.
I then simply updated the patches.
Once again I installed 'AUSMT Recovery - Full' to remove the patches. This time all the patches were removed successfully, except for the following two patches:
1. Mimic Outlook Formatting on Email Reply/Forward (Email)
2. System Control Optimization (System)

Last edited by Sanjay; 01/24/2012 at 03:41 AM.
Thanked By: don_falcone
Old 01/24/2012, 03:07 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
My experience with patches and the 3.0.5 OTA update followed by EPR and AUSMT.

Post update, I installed 22 patches via the 'alpha' feeds. But, for some reason the 'Muffle System Logging patch' would not install.
I once again installed EPR to uninstall all the patches, but running EPR did not remove any of the patches.
I then installed 'AUSMT Recovery - Full' to remove the patches. But, this too failed to remove any of the patches.
I then uninstalled all the patches individually, one by one.
I then tried to install the 'Muffle System Logging patch', but still was still not able to do so.
I doctored the TouchPad and only then was I able to finally the 'Muffle System Logging' patch.
I have noticed in the past that many of the patches have had problems that modify /etc files (such as muffle patch). I suspect that it might have something to do with how we backup the files, but due to how AUPT is currently used we can not change the backupping method. Once the move to AUSMT is fully completed then we can and that hopefully will make that problem disappear. The other problems have most likely been because the bug that was in alpha ausmt, it was hard to guess how it will manifest itself when updating the patches.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0