1.    #1  
    Today I refreshed feeds in preware and happily noticed that there were some updates available, plus roundabout 650+ patches in the patches section.

Being a little too fast I hit the "update all" button and only after needlessly waiting for the "restart luna" window noticed that all of those nice updates were dummies saying that they did nothing. Great. Now three patches that I used and that worked for me just like a charme are gone.

Why this dummy procedure?

(and I now have to go out and search for the patches old versions to re-install them)
    I didn't notice they were dummies at first and thinking I was upgrading a patch, ended up actually removing it in favor of the placeholder. Not a big deal I guess, I can live without it for now, just not what I expected as a patch "upgrade".
    They’re placeholders for the 3.0.4 patches that haven't yet been updated to 3.0.5, I would assume.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    They’re placeholders for the 3.0.4 patches that haven't yet been updated to 3.0.5, I would assume.
    Which makes sense. But what happened to me this morning is I got notice of an upgrade which actually removed a working patch. Maybe my fault, had I paid attention to the description probably said so in there. I could easily reinstall it from the 3.0.4 feed and might do so but will see if I can get by without it for now.
    I think it is more than that. I see '707' available patches in Preware. I am very, VERY sure, there weren't as many patches for 3.0.4. It seems Preware is now listing ALL patches, for ALL webOS versions, for the TouchPad and also for ALL phones. I sure hope this is not going to be like this going forward. Personally I would much rather it be like before 3.0.5, wherein only those patches used to be listed, that were applicable to that particular device and webOS version.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I'd say the listing of all 707 patches is a glitch or something Internals is working through. I hope.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I see 66, but haven't looked into which ones are real and which ones are placeholders.

Advanced Reset Options
    Remove Launcher Arrow
    Remove Tap Ripple
    Make Advanced Browser Default

just some of the few I've re-installed and noticed that work.
    Last edited by sledge007; 01/19/2012 at 06:14 PM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    The issue with Preware listing ALL 707 patches seems to have been resolved. I now see only 67 patches listed and all of them are correctly available for the TouchPad with 3.0.5

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    The issue with Preware listing ALL 707 patches seems to have been resolved.
    yes, it is.

Could anyone point me to the "Messaging Notification Private" patch, as this was the one that got replaced with a dummy on my side?
    hmm, I have just 17 available patches. Hope more show up soon.
    I'd say the listing of all 707 patches is a glitch or something Internals is working through. I hope.
    yeah, my touchpad is listing patches my pre3 should only be seeing.
    I saw the motherlode yesterday but ignored it when I saw they were all placeholders. Then they all disappeared in the afternoon.

I only have one patch available for 3.05: Device Profile Service Override. Why would I not be seeing 17 like others?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    so here's a thing. I updated my TP and like others got dummy patches eg unhide developer mode. My wife's TP was also upgraded ... Guess what? her unhide developer mode wasnt upgraded from the 3.0.4 to the 3.0.5 vervision and it works! Inconsistent or what?!
    Quote Originally Posted by bnhadams View Post
    I only have one patch available for 3.05: Device Profile Service Override. Why would I not be seeing 17 like others?
    That is because only 'Device Profile Service Override' is available via the general feed. I presume, 17 patches are available to those who have the 'beta' feeds turned on. It is only with the 'alpha' feeds turned on, that all current 67 patches are listed in Preware.

The initial set of webOS 3.0.5 patches (including the new AUSMT functionality) are now released.

For any that are missing, please contact the patch author and ask them to submit an update at webOS-Patches Web Portal

If the author cannot be contacted, please consider yourself submitting an update (the MIT license under which all our patches are released allows for that).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals