Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rwhitby
  1.    #1  
    Mine don't appear to be loading... Anyone else having a problem.

--- sent from communities
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Quote Originally Posted by robotech1985 View Post
    Mine don't appear to be loading... Anyone else having a problem.
    I know they aren't down since I was able to reach them on my wife's TP, but mine has been broken and I can no-longer view available patches.

Actually, mine got better and now shows 2 patches available for install, but my wife's TP reports 60+ even with her TP having the latest 3.0.5.86 software update. Most if not all of them haven't been updated to work with 3.0.5 yet and can't be installed, but weird that she can see them and I can't Sorli...
  3.    #3  
    They must be down or something I reset my router etc everything works fine but preware feeds don't load

--- sent from communities
    Thomas Edison
    I'm having problems with it too on my Pre 2. But Preware v1.9.7 on my Pre works OK. IIRC, the Pre 2 has the latest version.
    Hello all,

I've been ignoring an error that I've been having with Preware for a while now. Yes this is before all the problems that started coming up with the newer patch, exactly when it started I have no clue. But I'm getting fed up with seeing it every time I load it up so I'm hoping you guys have a fix for me or at least some suggestions.

I tried googling the problem, but I'm not as tech savvy as I should be so I hope I don't offend anyone by posting this.

Basically every time I load up Preware I get this error:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -I --user-agent Preware --location --fail --show-error http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....0.4-2_all.ipk 2>&1
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404

What I've tried:

I realized that I had "Muffled System Logging" installed and it wouldn't be able to be updated or removed, so I tried this fix: HP Touchpad: Muffle System Logging IPKG Error irrationale

When I get to about the last step where I have to just hit "Install All" I get the same error as above.

So I am at a loss. What should I do? I'm not even sure if the Muffle System Logging thing has anything to do with my problem to being with.

Any suggestions would be awesome.
    If you guys need info about the device I'd be glad to try my best to find it.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I also have a lot less entries. But I just updated to webOS 3.0.5.

Preware doesn't have patches yet for 3.0.5.
    I lost Palm-beta & Palm-web apptuckerbox feeds (?)
    Precentral & webosinternal app feeds do load, but either have less apps available or I forgot that they only have this few since I installed apptuckerbox and enabled web & beta feeds.
  7.    #7  
    It worked finned yesterday but today it wont load the feeds...last time this happened was issue with feeds ....
  8.    #8  
    nevermind... reloaded my touchpad and its working, very strange as everything else was working

ohh well frack it...
    Thomas Edison
    Update your feeds.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    joedisaster likes this.
    A device restart solved it here too
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgozz View Post
    every time I load up Preware I get this error:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -I --user-agent Preware --location --fail --show-error http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....0.4-2_all.ipk 2>&1
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404
    I have the same issue. Anyone found a resolution?
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -I --user-agent Preware --location --fail --show-error http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/3.0.5/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-add-thumbnav-controls_3.0.4-2_all.ipk 2>&1
    For some reason, your Preware is trying to install a 3.0.4 package from a 3.0.5 feed.

That will never work.

Have you rebooted your device and updated feeds?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals