Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 238
Like Tree18Likes
  1. noseph's Avatar
    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    You mean 0.3.999 does this?
    Sorry I missed your reply. No I have only had 0.4.0 installed. There are two other post (143 &144) that are also getting this keyboard behavior on 0.4.0.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

    Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

    Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

    Twitter: @noseph47
  2. #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Sorry I missed your reply. No I have only had 0.4.0 installed. There are two other post (143 &144) that are also getting this keyboard behavior on 0.4.0.
    Try setting rotation lock on/off and see if that fixes it for you.
  3. noseph's Avatar
    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brybry View Post
    Try setting rotation lock on/off and see if that fixes it for you.
    That did it, I have actually never touched the rotation lock setting before.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

    Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

    Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

    Twitter: @noseph47
  4. #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    That did it, I have actually never touched the rotation lock setting before.
    Yeah, that's why that bug exists sadly. If there is no rotation lock setting in the preferences database it doesn't handle it well.
    We have it fixed for the next release.
  5. #165  
    I've had no luck getting wTerm working on my pre3 at all - after install I get the "setup" menu (set root passwd etc) but then I get a grey screen with mini virtual keyboard down the bottom - no terminal window.

    I get this error in /var/log/messages

    2012-02-16T14:42:04.626312Z [897] webos-device user.warning activitymanager[1671]: [activitymanager.resourcecontainermanager] No container currently mapped for [BusId appId:us.ryanhope.wterm]

    And, comparing running processes with the touchpad I notice on the pre3 I don't have "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/us.ryanhope.wterm/wterm 14px login -f wterm"

    If I run that manually (via ssh or from xterm) then I get a terminal window in a seperate card - and hardware keyboard input works but of course the vkb in the other card does not (wishful thinking!)

    I tried uninstalling and reinstalling wTerm (with a reboot in between) - currently running 0.4.0-2 - had the same issue with the previous version (pretty sure that was 0.3.999)

    What did I break?
    2 TouchPads and a Preł
  6. #166  
    First I would like to thank Ryan and team for providing an excellent terminal client for WebOS. Thanks!
    Second, I was wondering if someone can explain to me how I can view the scrollback buffer for the wterm screen? I have tried numerous key combinations and also have tried finger swiping up/down. I'm assuming it is fairly trivial, I just can't figure it out. I am running the latest wterm ver from preware 4.0-2 on a touchpad.

    Thanks in advance.
  7. #167  
    Works great now on my pre2 (webOS 2.2.4). Thanks to the team for the best term emulator.
    Is there a list of key-bindings anywhere? Eg I haven't found pipe (|) yet.
  8. #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by rprosser View Post
    Second, I was wondering if someone can explain to me how I can view the scrollback buffer for the wterm screen? I have tried numerous key combinations and also have tried finger swiping up/down. I'm assuming it is fairly trivial, I just can't figure it out. I am running the latest wterm ver from preware 4.0-2 on a touchpad.

    Thanks in advance.
    Shift+Fn+Up/Down (or basically shift + page up/down).

    Quote Originally Posted by nzpling View Post
    Is there a list of key-bindings anywhere? Eg I haven't found pipe (|) yet.
    pre3 keyboard binds off the top of my head: Sym is control, period is Alt, orange + period is period, and next version orange should act like Fn (mode).

    With regards to pipe: If the current release doesn't have a 'Sym' on-screen key then the next version will and that launches Puff's awesome scrolling symbol picker with pipe and all sorts of goodies.
  9. lar3ry's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by JinbaIttai View Post
    Awesome... Keyclicks, and audible bell!

    Nice work!
    Keyclicks? How? I am running 0.4.0 and the only sound I get is a rather scratchy-clicky thing when I try to backspace past the first character on a line.

    Would LOVE keyclicks!

    Larry
  10. #170  
    keyclicks went away again in the most recent release - other than (as you noticed) the console bell / "squawk"

    looks like they are trying a few different things:

    #91: VKB Tap Sounds
    2 TouchPads and a Preł
  11. veerar's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    There should just be paste option in the menu.
    I updated today to the latest version and now I can find the paste option in the menu. Thanks!
  12. lar3ry's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #172  
    Anyone have any idea of the procedure for customizing the F-keys?
    Last edited by lar3ry; 02/19/2012 at 07:44 PM. Reason: spelling
  13. #173  
    Hi, using wTerm v0.4.0 on TouchPad.
    I need to ping my desktop and laptop machines. Ping works OK, but how do I break out of the pinging?
    When I ping my machines under the Windows command line, it displays 4 "pings" and then prints statistics.
    But wTerm on TP never stops pinging. Is there a Ctrl-break function in wTerm?
    TIA
    Joseph
  14. #174  
    not wTerm specific, but you can interrupt ping (and most unix apps) with "control-c" - and if you want to limit the number of pings you can use the -c flag (ping -c 5 192.168.1.1)
    2 TouchPads and a Preł
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by lar3ry View Post
    Anyone have any idea of the procedure for customizing the F-keys?
    In the prefs you can change the Function key bindings.
  16. #176  
    This was asked and answered, but the answer doesn't seem to work.

    How do I set a root password on this device for wTerm to work? The link to github just gives a 404.
  17.    #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcorbino View Post
    This was asked and answered, but the answer doesn't seem to work.

    How do I set a root password on this device for wTerm to work? The link to github just gives a 404.
    Run the setup tool from the app menu.
  18. lar3ry's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    In the prefs you can change the Function key bindings.
    I tried that, but perhaps I'm missing something. I wanted to set up a Function key to execute a command or a script, so I changed F1 to various strings:

    cd /media/internal
    "cd /media/internal"
    'cd /media/internal'
    bash
    . cdmi

    and so on...

    None of these do what I expected, and I think I may be misunderstanding what the F-keys can do.
    Additionally, when I next bring up wTerm, the string has been reset to what it was previously.
  19. #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    Run the setup tool from the app menu.
    Thanks. I looked at that screen and it never occurred to me to tap on the password fields.

    Brain cramp.

    Thanks for an excellent term app. Between this and OpenSSH I can ssh into equipment on customer sites without hauling out the laptop!
  20.    #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by lar3ry View Post
    I tried that, but perhaps I'm missing something. I wanted to set up a Function key to execute a command or a script, so I changed F1 to various strings:

    cd /media/internal
    "cd /media/internal"
    'cd /media/internal'
    bash
    . cdmi

    and so on...

    None of these do what I expected, and I think I may be misunderstanding what the F-keys can do.
    Additionally, when I next bring up wTerm, the string has been reset to what it was previously.
    The function key bindings are meant to send escape codes like every other terminal, show me a terminal where you can make F1 send some arbitrary command.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions