Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    Err .. How do I paste the clipboard then? I tried a long press and didnt see a popup menu. I tried shift-Insert and nothing happened. I didnt see a Edit->Paste menu item on the wterm app menu.

Can you please point me to a manual or instructions that I can simply read to avoid asking for already implemented features?
    There should just be paste option in the menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by FERMIS View Post
    @ggendel

I get the same issue with xterm. :-(

Could it be in the config file for openssh? I haven't played around with that at all.

I also added -v and it connects to the server and right after I get the server host key I get that error.
    Please do not post off-topic in the thread. If you need help with this, please start a new thread. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Do not know if I have done something wrong, but I installed 0.4.0 from Preware on my Touchpad 3.0.5 and the keyboard is all scrunched to the right and takes up 3/4 of the screen.
    I'm getting the same thing on 0.4.0. Actually, on startup in landscape orientation, the kbd is VERY squished, taking up less than 1/2 the screen horizomtally and almost 3/4 vertically. Going to portrait, the kbd fills the width of the screen, but when I return to landscape the kbd stays the same size as it was in portrait -- correct proportions, but not full width.
    Last edited by jonapastor; 02/06/2012 at 08:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Do not know if I have done something wrong, but I installed 0.4.0 from Preware on my Touchpad 3.0.5 and the keyboard is all scrunched to the right and takes up 3/4 of the screen.
    I have the same problem. When I open wterm while in landscape mode it does this. When I go to portrait mode the keyboard shows correctly. When I then go back to landscape mode the keyboards looks better but it does not use the entire width of the screen. It uses about 75% of the screen. All the keys appear to work correctly.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    version 0.4.0 do not accept any keboard input on my Pre3. Do others have this problem too?

HaPe
    I get keyboard input on the Pre 3 but cannot enter any Sym-key combinations. It just seems to ignore Sym. Also, the period key (.) just backspaces. I am using an AZERTY (french) keyboard.
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    I get keyboard input on the Pre 3 but cannot enter any Sym-key combinations. It just seems to ignore Sym. Also, the period key (.) just backspaces. I am using an AZERTY (french) keyboard.
    Ok so the period key on the all the phones sends char code 127 (backspace/erase) for some reason, the sym is also unused so here is what I have done....

Period maps to Alt, Sym maps to Ctrl. The orange key maps to meta but it still is used for accessing the alternate key symbols. To get a period with this setup do orange+period.

Eventually I will move the period and sym key mappings into the prefs incase people prefer those keys flipped (period = ctrl and sym = alt).
  8.    #148  
    So just an update for everyone, already commmited are fixes to the vkb size weirdness when phones start up in landscape and fixes to the period key. Once we fix the weird character issue that people on pre2, pre+ and pre- hit I will push out a new beta release.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    Period maps to Alt, Sym maps to Ctrl. The orange key maps to meta but it still is used for accessing the alternate key symbols. To get a period with this setup do orange+period.
    Just a question: how would I get symbols that require the use of Sym? For example on the AZERTY keyboard the equal sign ('=') is on Sym-P. I understand that you need to emulate both Alt and Ctrl but how would I type an equal sign?

Any chance of using Gesture+key as another modifier combination, for example to emulate Ctrl+key? (With Gesture+key I mean holding a finger on the gesture area while typing the key.)

Also, for the sake of consistency and my own typing skills I would appreciate if period could be kept to type a period when it is pressed (without requiring modifiers).

Max
  10.    #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    Just a question: how would I get symbols that require the use of Sym? For example on the AZERTY keyboard the equal sign ('=') is on Sym-P. I understand that you need to emulate both Alt and Ctrl but how would I type an equal sign?

Any chance of using Gesture+key as another modifier combination, for example to emulate Ctrl+key? (With Gesture+key I mean holding a finger on the gesture area while typing the key.)

Also, for the sake of consistency and my own typing skills I would appreciate if period could be kept to type a period when it is pressed (without requiring modifiers).

Max
    Well sym- modifiers is something extra that is not automatically provided by webOS like orage- modifiers. I would say that we probably need a key combination or vkb button to bring up some sort of character selector.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Just to avoid confusion - do touchpad and phones use the same install of wTerm (i.e., can I install any new version on my Pre3), or are they distinct?
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbert View Post
    Just to avoid confusion - do touchpad and phones use the same install of wTerm (i.e., can I install any new version on my Pre3), or are they distinct?
    They are the same build.
  13.    #153  
    People filing issues on GitHubs issue tracker need to look at the closed issues before creating a new one. There have been a handful of duplicates regarding the Pre3 vkb size.
  14.    #154  
    wTerm 0.4.0 is now in the main Preware feed for all devices with 2.1 or higher.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    only for documentation. My PRE3 keyboard is working now.

HaPe

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Thanks a lot!

It's nicely working on my Pre2.

On my wishlist: Toggle mode for modifiers.

Regards

Carsten
  17.    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZehHa View Post
    Thanks a lot!

It's nicely working on my Pre2.

On my wishlist: Toggle mode for modifiers.

Regards

Carsten
    Which modifiers and how do you want the toggle to behave?
    Which modifiers and how do you want the toggle to behave?
    Sorry for not being precise enough.

I'm trying to talk about the modifier keys, i. e. "orange/option", "shift", and "Sym". And some kind of "locked modifier key".

In other apps, you press a modifier key, and it stays active until you press an alphanumeric key. You press the modifier twice, and it stays "on" for an unlimited number of alphanumeric keys. It can be switched "off" by pressing the same modifier key one more time (so it can be locked, or can be "toggled" on/off). This behaviour is kind of standard both on virtual and real keyboards of mobile devices. As you may know, it can be hard to hold the modifier key down while pressing a second key (e. g. "orange/option" and "A" to get "&"), which is a necessity in wTerm right now. And which is the standard behaviour of desktop computer keyboards.

Regards

Carsten
    Last edited by ZehHa; 02/12/2012 at 04:14 PM.
    hape likes this.
  19.    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZehHa View Post
    Sorry for not being precise enough.

I'm trying to talk about the modifier keys, i. e. "orange/option", "shift", and "Sym". And some kind of "locked modifier key".

In other apps, you press a modifier key, and it stays active until you press an alphanumeric key. You press the modifier twice, and it stays "on" for an unlimited number of alphanumeric keys. It can be switched "off" by pressing the same modifier key one more time (so it can be locked, or can be "toggled" on/off). This behaviour is kind of standard both on virtual and real keyboards of mobile devices. As you may know, it can be hard to hold the modifier key down while pressing a second key (e. g. "orange/option" and "A" to get "&"), which is a necessity in wTerm right now. And which is the standard behaviour of desktop computer keyboards.

Regards

Carsten
    If I were to add support for modifier locks wouldnt it make keybindings like fn+shift+up really awkward?
    For sure it would be tricky to get it right, but it would be very helpful. I think tapping a second modifier key would have to not reset the previous one. They would have to be sticky until a non-modifier key was hit..

Ex sequence:
    1) tap fn, it stays set
    2) tap shift, both stay set
    3) tap up, sequence is processed and all option keys reset.

Tap-and-hold is another option, though a bit non-standard..
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast