Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    wTerm v0.3.99-3 in Preware alpha frees has initial phone support for those people with webOS 2.2+
    Installed it on my Pre 2 (webOS 2.2.4). wTerm starts but is pretty much unusable because most physical keys are not doing what they should do. But I'm not sure if this is an input problem or an output problem. Maybe both. When I type "ls" then the command is displayed as "ms" but I get no error message so the command is found. When I type "ks" which is displayed as "ls" then I get an error message saying ".si: ls: opt fpuod" which I deciphered as "not found". Typing "ls -la" gives this message "ms: -ma: Op suci fjme prprpr $djrectprz$&$quot$; $which$ $obviously$ $means$ &$quot$;$No$ $such$ $file$ $or$ $directory$&$quot$;. $So$ $the$ $command$ $was$ $recognized$ $but$ $the$ $option$ $was$ $interpreted$ $as$ $file$.

Well, it feels like some kind of hacker game ;-)
    My apps: ScummVM | Destroids | Minimap
    My phone: Palm Pre 2, webOS 2.2.4, O˛ Germany
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Hmm, I don't have that many problems on my Pre3. Only thing I noticed was that when trying to enter '-' using the orange key and 'p' it seems like a 'Ctrl-R' is sent, as bash will enter interactive search in history. For the time being I'm just not using bash, which is OK for now.
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayahr View Post
    Installed it on my Pre 2 (webOS 2.2.4). wTerm starts but is pretty much unusable because most physical keys are not doing what they should do. But I'm not sure if this is an input problem or an output problem. Maybe both. When I type "ls" then the command is displayed as "ms" but I get no error message so the command is found. When I type "ks" which is displayed as "ls" then I get an error message saying ".si: ls: opt fpuod" which I deciphered as "not found". Typing "ls -la" gives this message "ms: -ma: Op suci fjme prprpr $djrectprz$&$quot$; $which$ $obviously$ $means$ &$quot$;$No$ $such$ $file$ $or$ $directory$&$quot$;. $So$ $the$ $command$ $was$ $recognized$ $but$ $the$ $option$ $was$ $interpreted$ $as$ $file$.

Well, it feels like some kind of hacker game ;-)
    Yes input on Pre2's is especially wonky. I will need to work on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alberto8 View Post
    I am trying to install wTerm on my second touchpad but its not showing up in the preware feeds. It used to be there. Is there anyway we can download the package manually?
    I saw it to then once I decided to try it out, no longer shows up in preware, weird.
  5.    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    I saw it to then once I decided to try it out, no longer shows up in preware, weird.
    Ya I screwed up when i released the 0.3.99 alpha release, caused 0.3.5 to get removed from the main feed. Here is the direct link: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....3.5-2_arm.ipk
    Ya I screwed up when i released the 0.3.99 alpha release, caused 0.3.5 to get removed from the main feed. Here is the direct link: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....3.5-2_arm.ipk
    Thanks much!
    can you put wterm back on the regular preware feeds? i had it insralled on a tp that bricked, got a new one, and have spent days trying to find it again. it beats the $#17 out of the other 2 xterm apps available. i was beginning to think i had lost my mind when i couldn't find it, but now i know why. btw, i've tried installing from the link in one of your messages, and preware goes off into never-neverland without completing the install.

thanks!
  8.    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonapastor View Post
    can you put wterm back on the regular preware feeds? i had it insralled on a tp that bricked, got a new one, and have spent days trying to find it again. it beats the $#17 out of the other 2 xterm apps available. i was beginning to think i had lost my mind when i couldn't find it, but now i know why. btw, i've tried installing from the link in one of your messages, and preware goes off into never-neverland without completing the install.

thanks!
    I can do one better, I am probably going to push something new to the beta feed, TP and Pre3 people definitely want to check it out.
    Awesome... Keyclicks, and audible bell!

Nice work!
    2 TouchPads and a Preł
    I'm not sure if I should post this in this forum or in openssh. Every time I try to ssh I get a segmentation fault. I am typing ssh user@address.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FERMIS View Post
    I'm not sure if I should post this in this forum or in openssh. Every time I try to ssh I get a segmentation fault. I am typing ssh user@address.
    You could try installing eXecutah and xTerm and try that. It would narrow down who is at fault. BTW, I ssh that way all the time without any problem.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I wanted to download a link from the browser using wget. So I copy the link, but how do I paste the link in wterm and use wget ?

Feature Request: Paste clipboard selection.

Thanks for a wonderful app!
    I can do one better, I am probably going to push something new to the beta feed, TP and Pre3 people definitely want to check it out.
    Thanks, but the warnings on the alpha & beta feed instruxtions have me spooked -- I already had one TP brick itself (power supply, as far as I can tell), and I am relatively new to the TP. I've beta tested on a lot of other platforms, and I know that the warnings are almos certainly just CMA, but still... Anyway, I've used lots of apps on the TP that are 0.n version, for n<5, and when I had it wtrem was more stable than many of the other things I've tried.

I can't go back to any of the other terminal apps -- they suck anyway, but after a taste of wterm it's like going to McDonald's after tasting prime rib. Not just brown-nosing, I've spent many, many hours hunting through both app catalogs because I couldn't believe it wasn't there.

I'd be happy to d/l and install OTA, but I've tried a few times and Preware either fails or goes off into d/l install and never terminates.

Sorry for the horrible typing -- the lack of cursor keys on the virtual keypad and its hair-trigger sensitivity drive me nuts, and my BT kbd hasn'tarrived yet.
    @ggendel

I get the same issue with xterm. :-(

Could it be in the config file for openssh? I haven't played around with that at all.

I also added -v and it connects to the server and right after I get the server host key I get that error.
    Last edited by FERMIS; 02/06/2012 at 12:41 PM. Reason: add more info
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Do not know if I have done something wrong, but I installed 0.4.0 from Preware on my Touchpad 3.0.5 and the keyboard is all scrunched to the right and takes up 3/4 of the screen.
    Last edited by noseph; 02/06/2012 at 02:29 PM.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Here is a screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  17.    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    I wanted to download a link from the browser using wget. So I copy the link, but how do I paste the link in wterm and use wget ?

Feature Request: Paste clipboard selection.

Thanks for a wonderful app!
    already have paste support
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonapastor View Post
    Thanks, but the warnings on the alpha & beta feed instruxtions have me spooked -- I already had one TP brick itself (power supply, as far as I can tell), and I am relatively new to the TP. I've beta tested on a lot of other platforms, and I know that the warnings are almos certainly just CMA, but still... Anyway, I've used lots of apps on the TP that are 0.n version, for n<5, and when I had it wtrem was more stable than many of the other things I've tried.

I can't go back to any of the other terminal apps -- they suck anyway, but after a taste of wterm it's like going to McDonald's after tasting prime rib. Not just brown-nosing, I've spent many, many hours hunting through both app catalogs because I couldn't believe it wasn't there.

I'd be happy to d/l and install OTA, but I've tried a few times and Preware either fails or goes off into d/l install and never terminates.

Sorry for the horrible typing -- the lack of cursor keys on the virtual keypad and its hair-trigger sensitivity drive me nuts, and my BT kbd hasn'tarrived yet.
    The only thing you have to be careful about in beta/alpha feeds is kernels, software isnt going to do any damage.
  19.    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Do not know if I have done something wrong, but I installed 0.4.0 from Preware on my Touchpad 3.0.5 and the keyboard is all scrunched to the right and takes up 3/4 of the screen.
    You mean 0.3.999 does this?
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    already have paste support
    Err .. How do I paste the clipboard then? I tried a long press and didnt see a popup menu. I tried shift-Insert and nothing happened. I didnt see a Edit->Paste menu item on the wterm app menu.

Can you please point me to a manual or instructions that I can simply read to avoid asking for already implemented features?