Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Wow... Mouse support? That would be very interesting indeed. wTerm is looking better and better with each update!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    My guess would be that your TERM env var is still set to the palm default of vt100 (your screen is probably also not in color). vt100's only have F1-F4, try setting your TERM to rxvt or xterm.
    I created a .profile file with TERM=vt100. If I use set to chect it and it reports TERM='vt100' but still mc is only in bw abd no working F keys.

HaPe
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by nzpling View Post
    would really like a good terminal emulator on my Pre2 (webOS2.2.4). Any update on a phone version?
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    I created a .profile file with TERM=vt100. If I use set to chect it and it reports TERM='vt100' but still mc is only in bw abd no working F keys.

HaPe
    You DONT want to be using vt100, set it to rxvt or xterm
  4. pml
    Add it to .profile or create a file in /etc/profile.d with TERM= in it
    Thanks. Works nicely...

BTW: Ctrl+R for reverse searching through bash history doesn't seem to work. It would be nice if you could implement it. It's such a useful utility.
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by pml View Post
    Thanks. Works nicely...

BTW: Ctrl+R for reverse searching through bash history doesn't seem to work. It would be nice if you could implement it. It's such a useful utility.
    works for me :/
    Ctrl-R works for me too - pml make sure you're running "bash" as the default shell is /bin/sh, the first thing I do when I open wterm is run "bash"

I'm tempted to change root's shell in /etc/passwd but I don't know how that affects the system scripts, and since "bash" is the only thing I run from the login shell it's as simple as "up arrow, enter"

Happy to see alt-. (for "repeat last parameter") also works in the most recent version - although I was happily using esc-. in previous versions, so it wasn't a deal breaker..
    2 TouchPads and a Pre³
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Still impatiently waiting for the Pre3 version
    Is there any schedule when it will be out?
    bellonsn likes this.
  8. pml
    Ctrl-R works for me too - pml make sure you're running "bash" as the default shell is /bin/sh, the first thing I do when I open wterm is run "bash"

Ah, didn't know that this is only present in bash. Thanks!

Maybe wterm should do these things by default?:

export TERM=xterm
    /opt/bin/bash
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    You DONT want to be using vt100, set it to rxvt or xterm
    Thanks, that did the trick.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by JinbaIttai View Post

I'm tempted to change root's shell in /etc/passwd but I don't know how that affects the system scripts, and since "bash" is the only thing I run from the login shell it's as simple as "up arrow, enter"

Happy to see alt-. (for "repeat last parameter") also works in the most recent version - although I was happily using esc-. in previous versions, so it wasn't a deal breaker..
    I also changed my default shell in /etc/passwd. Also you can do 'mkdir /etc/profile.d; echo TERM=rxvt > /etc/profile.d/term'
  11.    #91  
    Latest wTerm 0.3.4 is in Preware. Stop downloading old versions from my Box.net account.
    Would there be any way to generate a launcher icon that would kick off a script, with the option of opening a new wTerm window or just run in background? I'm trying to think of a cool easy way to launch mount / unmount / copy scripts from the launcher without having to type too much into terminal.

In the meantime I'm going to look at using the Execute in Terminal action in Just Type, but being able to kick off a script from the launcher would be less clicks and very cool.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    Would there be any way to generate a launcher icon that would kick off a script, with the option of opening a new wTerm window or just run in background? I'm trying to think of a cool easy way to launch mount / unmount / copy scripts from the launcher without having to type too much into terminal.

In the meantime I'm going to look at using the Execute in Terminal action in Just Type, but being able to kick off a script from the launcher would be less clicks and very cool.
    Write up a feature request for this on the issue tracker and I will look into it.
    I finally had a chance to try this out yesterday -- it is fantastic! I was blown away by the speed. Full keyboard makes it perfect (though it's taking a bit to get used to the different key placement due to the extra keys). Shortly after installing it I saw the update that added key repeat - thanks very much for that.

PS: donated.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/24/2012 at 03:26 PM.
  15.    #95  
    Guess what now has a working scroll back buffer!
    Amazing work on this thank you!
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi, only want to thank you too.

HaPe
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Big thanks. Somewhere in the recent updates the ssh login to my OpenIndiana server was fixed. I can finally stop using executah's xterm and get full VKB functionality. Super job!
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Hi,
    at first, thank you for this great app!

How can I switch to a root user now?

Regards
    Björn
    I work with the DoD again, so can't play with this at the moment, having just discovered it browsing around the forums here at work. Can't wait to get home tonight :-) Thanks so much for taking the time to write this!
    : (){:|:&};:
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast