Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    try setting TERM to xterm or rxvt
    neither had any effect...
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
    neither had any effect...
    Well the cursor issue should be fixed in 0.3.1 as others have confirmed.
    tnx, cursor now ok in vi. Have to get used to the keyboard now...
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
    tnx, cursor now ok in vi. Have to get used to the keyboard now...
    I think the current keyboard layout is probably the best it can be. That said, I still welcome feedback and suggestions.
  5.    #65  
    wTerm 0.3.2 is out now! Lost of small changed but 1 new major feature is that you can run multiple instances in new cards.
    Thanks for all your hard work, this is one of my favourite webOS apps
    2 TouchPads and a Preł
    Just throwing it out there...if you wrote a package to replace the webos virtual keyboard with the wterm one...I'd give you 100 virtual hugs.
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    I am working on a new Terminal application for WebOS called wTerm.
    Very, very impressive looking, with some really advanced techniques! Sorry for catching up so late with this thread.

wTerm is also hardware accelerated
    I'm interested precisely in this. I thought many parts of webOS were not taking advantage of the 2D/3D acceleration functions provided by the hardware. For example, the performance of Skype video is pathetic when you have seen that Apple Facetime thing.

Could you explain a bit about that? Sorry if this can be seen as off topic.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Could you explain a bit about that? Sorry if this can be seen as off topic.
    Nothing special just uses OpenGL.
  10.    #70  
    wTerm 0.3.4 has a "Just Type" action "Execute In Terminal" ->
    If you are looking for features to add ;-) paste and three finger virtual keyboard hide (like the xserver) woild be groovy.
  12. pml
    Any trick for adding TERM=xterm to .bashrc? My .bashrc doesn't seem to be read in $HOME...
  13. pml
    And another very important question: how do I scroll in the terminal. Shift PgUp/PgDown doesn't seem to work. Scrolling by swiping would of course be the sweetest thing :-)

Anyway, thank you very much for this wonderful app!
    Nice one, missing the ease of use of SDLTerminal on my Pre2 and Just Type execution would be a great for our keyboard phones
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by pml View Post
    Any trick for adding TERM=xterm to .bashrc? My .bashrc doesn't seem to be read in $HOME...
    Add it to .profile or create a file in /etc/profile.d with TERM= in it
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by pml View Post
    And another very important question: how do I scroll in the terminal. Shift PgUp/PgDown doesn't seem to work. Scrolling by swiping would of course be the sweetest thing :-)

Anyway, thank you very much for this wonderful app!
    I plan on adding scroll buffer soon, its just going to be a highly invasive set of changes to implement this so I haven't gotten to it yet. When I do, the default keybindings to move the buffer will be shift + up/down for 1 line and shift + pgup/pgdn for pages or multiple lines. I dont know if I am going to implement gestures right off the bat because I did have plans to add mouse support with text selection, etc.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi PuffThemagic,

thanks for closing that hole that we do not have a native terminal app.
    I installed mc via ipkg-opt but it dose not reacts of the F keys on the keybourd. Instad of closing with F10 it only prints 3 cryptic charaters?

HaPe
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi PuffThemagic,

thanks for closing that hole that we do not have a native terminal app.
    I installed mc via ipkg-opt but it dose not reacts of the F keys on the keybourd. Instad of closing with F10 it only prints 3 cryptic charaters?

HaPe
    My guess would be that your TERM env var is still set to the palm default of vt100 (your screen is probably also not in color). vt100's only have F1-F4, try setting your TERM to rxvt or xterm.
    would really like a good terminal emulator on my Pre2 (webOS2.2.4). Any update on a phone version?
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by nzpling View Post
    would really like a good terminal emulator on my Pre2 (webOS2.2.4). Any update on a phone version?
    Unless someone joins the team with that as their primary goal I would say, not any time soon. My todo list is a mile long just getting the core of wTerm satisfactory and implementing other features. It is on the todo list though.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast