Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    My guess is that Solaris is sending one of the device attribute request escape codes that I haven't implemented yet. I will make sure all those are implemented for the next release. In the mean time, try setting your TERM=vt100 or vt102 before sshing and see if that helps.
    TERM is already vt100. Setting vt102 didn't help.

Gary
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    TERM is already vt100. Setting vt102 didn't help.

Gary
    I just pushed wTerm v0.2.1 to the autobuilder. Test it when it shows up in Preware. It includes a new feature that I think might fix your issue.
  3.    #23  
    Another wTerm build will hit the feed in a few minutes (v0.2.3). This version comes complete with all the color schemes found in Konsole as well as the ability to make a custom color scheme. Font sizes and color changes occur on the fly. Changing font size or toggling the vkb visibility properly updates the rows/cols (programs like top will resize).
    The latest version seems to have broken some shift characters. Underscore and pipe does not work, probably some others too.

Three more things for your list:
    - change into landscape orientation properly after launched in portrait mode
    - exit app when exit is typed into sh
    - restart terminal automatically when terminal has crashed
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    The latest version seems to have broken some shift characters. Underscore and pipe does not work, probably some others too.

Three more things for your list:
    - change into landscape orientation properly after launched in portrait mode
    - exit app when exit is typed into sh
    - restart terminal automatically when terminal has crashed
    First, I will have it launch properly in portrait mode once I have a plan for the portrait mode keyboard. Having it restart the term when the shell exits is on my todo list.

WRT the underscore and pipe not working, are you pressing and holding shift while pressing the underscore key or are u tapping shift once then tapping the underscore key? Does this crash when you do this or do u just get the wrong value. If its crashing, it sounds like you have an old build as this fixed a few versions back.
    It looks like shift anything is crashing. I tap shift, then tap a character. Holding shift only produces lower case letters.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    It looks like shift anything is crashing. I tap shift, then tap a character. Holding shift only produces lower case letters.
    Please try wTerm v0.2.4, I am pushing it to the autobuilder right now. If it still crashes, please uninstall wTerm and then reinstall, maybe you have a stale binary.

BTWL 0.2.4 has portrait mode support!
    Works now, thanks.
    Thanks alot for wTerm!

Bugs:

- CAPS LOCK is not working
    - cursor not showing vi/mcedit (I'm using sh, maybe is showing in bash?)

Keep up the good work!
    Thanks a lot for a fantastic app.

How did you get "htop" and "MC" on to the Touchpad? Is there a Preware ipk that we could use to install those apps? They could be very useful for development. Thx.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    I am glad to hear that there's something going on on the terminal front. Is there any schedule for a Pre3 version? Since there isn't really anything usable around besides xecutah/xterm, I'd be extremely eager to get my hands on it
    tholap likes this.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by precentraluser View Post
    Thanks a lot for a fantastic app.

How did you get "htop" and "MC" on to the Touchpad? Is there a Preware ipk that we could use to install those apps? They could be very useful for development. Thx.
    Optware advanced command line installer (found in Preware) will let you install such cool things
    precentraluser likes this.
    - F3 also seems to not work (tested in mc)

Any future updates to address these small issues?
    Use prewate to install "Optware advanced command line installer" -> you get ipkg-opt
    Start the excellent WTERM.
    Type in the terminal window:
    ipkg-opt update -> To get list of available packages
    ipkg-opt install MC ->To get MC
    ipkg-opt install htop ->To get htop
    export TERM=xterm -> to use color
    mc -> to run MC
    htop -> to run htop
  15.    #35  
    Just pushed v0.3.0 to the autobuilder. The changelog is pretty huge. Go check it out!
    This isnt on 2.2.4 yet right? I seen it for my wifes old 1.4.5 and my touchpad, but not 2.2.4 is that correct? Thanks
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    This isnt on 2.2.4 yet right? I seen it for my wifes old 1.4.5 and my touchpad, but not 2.2.4 is that correct? Thanks
    It's not available for anything running less than 3.0.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    It's not available for anything running less than 3.0.0.
    Swore I got it for 1.4.5, but apparently not. Thanks for quick reply.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I cannot see the cursor while in VI. Is there some color combo that makes it appear. Without vi, I have little use for this, back to xecutah for me if I can't get a solution... 8^((
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
    I cannot see the cursor while in VI. Is there some color combo that makes it appear. Without vi, I have little use for this, back to xecutah for me if I can't get a solution... 8^((
    what is your TERM env var set to? I get a cursor with everything i've tried
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast