Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    The function key bindings are meant to send escape codes like every other terminal, show me a terminal where you can make F1 send some arbitrary command.
    Fair enough. I saw the ability to configure them and thought I could make it output a string.
    Quote Originally Posted by lar3ry View Post
    Fair enough. I saw the ability to configure them and thought I could make it output a string.
    You might be able to do what you want with .inputrc (or /etc/inputrc) and bash.
    Awesome App, Thank you!!!

Click sounds are on my mental todo list (feel free to add it to the issue tracker).
    Bluetooth kb support is also on my todo list but low as it is pretty useless for terminal work.
    Definitely would love to see the feedback click back, and why do you think BT KB's are useless? The Palm BT KB is probably, but a standard PC compatible (what I have) should work awesomely!
    Last edited by pEEf; 02/25/2012 at 05:25 PM.
    lar3ry likes this.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brybry View Post
    You might be able to do what you want with .inputrc (or /etc/inputrc) and bash.
    Thanks. I have yet to figure out .inputrc, and am busy with another project right now, but I'll definitely look into it.
  5.    #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by pEEf View Post
    Awesome App, Thank you!!!

Definitely would love to see the feedback click back, and why do you think BT KB's are useless? The Palm BT KB is probably, but a standard PC compatible (what I have) should work awesomely!
    We added click sounds already actually but there is a bug with it. I initially triggered the sounds effects from JSJSJS $and$ $that$ $worked$ $fine$ $except$ $we$ $didnt$ $get$ $clicks$ $for$ $the$ $repeat$ $keys$ ($since$ $that$ $is$ $handled$ $in$ $the$ $C$ $plugin$) $so$ $I$ $moved$ $the$ $sounds$ $to$ $the$ $plugin$, $but$ $something$ $with$ $webos$ $and$ $how$ $services$ $are$ $registered$ $only$ $allows$ $1$ $instance$ $of$ $the$ $wTerm$ $plugin$ $at$ $a$ $time$ ($which$ $most$ $of$ $the$ $time$ $is$ $sucked$ $up$ $by$ $the$ $exhibition$ $mode$ $wterm$ $instance$) $so$ $all$ $the$ $other$ $cards$ $have$ $no$ $sound$. $So$ $we$ $have$ $to$ $decided$ $if$ $we$ $want$ $to$ $move$ $the$ $sounds$ $back$ $to$ $JS$ $and$ $loose$ $repeat$ $sound$ $support$ $or$ $move$ $a$ $more$ $invasive$ $change$ $and$ $move$ $the$ $sounds$ $and$ $the$ $repeat$ $code$ $to$ $JS$.... $we$ $haven$'$t$ $decided$ $yet$.
    I just installed 0.4.0 from Preware (TouchPad 3.0.5 stock) and I'm getting the 3/4 vkb in landscape that people were talking about earlier. Did I do something wrong, or is this still in the works?
    I am not an atomic playboy. - Admiral W.P. Blandy
  7.    #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Playboy View Post
    I just installed 0.4.0 from Preware (TouchPad 3.0.5 stock) and I'm getting the 3/4 vkb in landscape that people were talking about earlier. Did I do something wrong, or is this still in the works?
    There is a bug in that release, toggle the rotation lock.
    Man I suck at searches. First few posts at the top of my last page had it in there. Thanks.
    I am not an atomic playboy. - Admiral W.P. Blandy
    Hey guys, just a few questions:

why is the onscreen keyboard showing on a veer and why is wterm crashing (or should i rather say luna restarting) when i try to hide the keyboard or there is an ugly beezle of nothingness where the keyboard was when i does hide.
    And how do you get the button underneath a to work the specail key suppose it is the orange key on pres?
    is it normal that luna restarts everytime wterm crashes?
  10.    #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by krushaaa View Post
    Hey guys, just a few questions:

why is the onscreen keyboard showing on a veer and why is wterm crashing (or should i rather say luna restarting) when i try to hide the keyboard or there is an ugly beezle of nothingness where the keyboard was when i does hide.
    And how do you get the button underneath a to work the specail key suppose it is the orange key on pres?
    is it normal that luna restarts everytime wterm crashes?
    wTerm on the Veer should probably move back to alpha status. There are bugs in webOS that cause the plugin to crash when the plugin is resized. Not sure how I am going to deal with that yet. As far as the vkb goes, there are special layouts in the prefs for phones that provide access to some keys not found on the physical keyboard. If you are seeing the full vkb, go into the prefs and change it to a phone vkb or disable it.
    When setting up root access in wTerm, are you actually setting a password for the root user? It appears so. (Okay strike that question, I can see that it is actually setting a password for the root user). I'm not a linux expert, so this is probably just unfounded, but are there not any ramifications of doing this on a system that by default does not have a root password? Is something somewhere going to stop working because it suddenly can't login without being prompted for a password? Or is the most important thing just "don't forget the password or you're going to have to doctor your phone if you need to do something as root"
  12.    #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    When setting up root access in wTerm, are you actually setting a password for the root user? It appears so. (Okay strike that question, I can see that it is actually setting a password for the root user). I'm not a linux expert, so this is probably just unfounded, but are there not any ramifications of doing this on a system that by default does not have a root password? Is something somewhere going to stop working because it suddenly can't login without being prompted for a password? Or is the most important thing just "don't forget the password or you're going to have to doctor your phone if you need to do something as root"
    Nothing bad will come from setting a root password, nothing about webos depends on root not having a password; nothing will break. Also, if u forgot your root passwd there are lots of ways to gain access to root again.
    Thanks sir!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    As far as the vkb goes, there are special layouts in the prefs for phones that provide access to some keys not found on the physical keyboard. If you are seeing the full vkb, go into the prefs and change it to a phone vkb or disable it.
    thanks for the information it would be nice if the keyboard would work just like it used to work in terminus.
    I guess you've changed your github name since you created this? The links give a 404, and I found wterm under RyanHope. I searched and didn't find this issue. It's been driving me batty and I just figured out what's going on.

I've had some occasional stuck key issues on the big, the most annoying of which is when the control key gets stuck. I didn't notice at first what was happening - I thought the keyboard was just acting nuts, but it was just that the control key was stuck down. Tonight I realized what it causing it: whenever I out wterm in card mode using an up-swipe, whatever key is at that position gets a touch event and gets stuck 'on'. It stays on when you activate wterm, and if it's the control key stuck on, you get control codes for whatever keys you hit after that you til you tap the stuck control key. Tapping whatever key is stuck on turns it back off.

I also noticed just now I can get multiple keys stuck down if I leave the stuck key down and swipe up below a different key. Seems to only affect the keys on the bottom row.

17.    #197  
    thanks for the information it would be nice if the keyboard would work just like it used to work in terminus.
    If you want no vkb and no preferences the wterm plugin could run like old sdl games and the keyboard would work "normal". You would also not have access to most keys needed for a terminal.
    If you want no vkb and no preferences the wterm plugin could run like old sdl games and the keyboard would work "normal". You would also not have access to most keys needed for a terminal.
    i just meant that you could "easily" put crl on sym and alt on the geisture area or on "." and make "the square button" + "space" be a "." , or something like that would be very neet also i realy do like the vkbs tab button and the .bash_history up/down are really nice would not now what to do without them.

EDIT: Sorry seams like i got the keyboard a bit wrong you have to keep shift pressed while prssing other buttons same goes with orangeblock.
    Last edited by krushaaa; 03/07/2012 at 04:08 AM.
  19.    #199  
    i just meant that you could "easily" put crl on sym and alt on the geisture area or on "." and make "the square button" + "space" be a "." , or something like that would be very neet also i realy do like the vkbs tab button and the .bash_history up/down are really nice would not now what to do without them.

EDIT: Sorry seams like i got the keyboard a bit wrong you have to keep shift pressed while prssing other buttons same goes with orangeblock.
    I know shift behavior is not optimal yet, this was designed for the TP, phone support has been an after thought. wTerm will have options for different shift behaviors in the future, sooner if someone else does it. Code is on github where it can be forked easily.
    Hi there! I love this terminal app, however I'm unable to make it read unicode (Cyrillic) correctly. I'm getting blocks instead of characters. Providing a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Lv6X1.png
    How can I fix this? Thank you
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast