Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Please post your Sprint frankenPre2 2.2.4 OTA Update Results / Issues here.

Did you get the OTA update?

Did you install the update? If so, did it go smoothly?

If it did not go smoothly, what issues did you have?

What apps are not working?

What apps are working?

Thank you for your feedback.
    Last edited by webOSdealer; 12/21/2011 at 09:52 AM.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    Patches Added to Preware: Fixed Keyboard Brightness 25, Fixed Keyboard Brightness 50, & Fixed Keyboard Brightness 100.
    @webOSdealer : A Day In My Life, #MaskAppeal Video - Enjoy
    no I didn't

running a verizon frankinpre2 with OS version 2.0.1
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    on first attempt it did not validate correctly, 2nd attempt downloaded and validated installed but got stuck on finishing update screen, after about 10 minutes it restarted, I hope the update was completed successfully, I am typing this as the HP logo is flashing, I will update you as soon has I have more info
    ok 2nd attempt, everything went fine, be aware that finishing update screen took 10 minutes, do not turn device off even if it looks like its not doing anything. Only thing I noticed so far is the update deleted Sprint Navigation and I had to reinstall it. Other then that everything seems to work fine
    everything is up and running for me

only main thing is I lost my overclocking kernel.

bluetooth call quality STILL sucks, as most bluetooth does. Im 10 feet from my phone on the couch and just tried taking a call. neither of us could understand the other.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Removed custom uberkernel and ran EPR first.

No glaring issues except *all* my post-installed apps (official, homebrew, sprint) are gone. It looks like I have to reinstall them manually?

Or maybe its EPR (never used it before)?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Removed custom uberkernel and ran EPR first.

No glaring issues except *all* my post-installed apps (official, homebrew, sprint) are gone. It looks like I have to reinstall them manually?

Or maybe its EPR (never used it before)?
    Save/Restore would save the list of homebrew apps you have installed. Sprint apps you will have to do on your own as they are not part of the new webOS version. I am not sure what you mean by official.

*Note : You have to go to the menu/save package list/ update in Preware to get save/restore to save your homebrew settings.

If you don't have save/restore - get it now. It is invaluable.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    Patches Added to Preware: Fixed Keyboard Brightness 25, Fixed Keyboard Brightness 50, & Fixed Keyboard Brightness 100.
    I save/restored prior to the change too.

And by official, I mean all of my apps from the app catalog are gone too and didn't reinstall automatically after update. (As well as homebrew apps.)

They are still available to redownload free with my Profile at least. Now if I can just remember all the apps I had purchased.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    I save/restored prior to the change too.

And by official, I mean all of my apps from the app catalog are gone too and didn't reinstall automatically after update. (As well as homebrew apps.)

They are still available to redownload free with my Profile at least. Now if I can just remember all the apps I had purchased.
    That is definitely odd. If you want .. you can always go to device info and erase data & apps and log back into your profile. Your official apps should not have disappeared. My update is unpacking now, so we shall see what the damage may be.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Just installed 2.2.4 on my unlocked Sprint FrankenPre2. Here are the results.

Did you get the OTA update? Yes. I ran System Update to get it.

Did you install the update? If so, did it go smoothly? Yes. The update went smoothly and V2.2.4 Build 160 installed. Before the update, I updated the package list in Preware, ran Save/Restore, ran EPR and removed Uberkernel.

If it did not go smoothly, what issues did you have? N/A

What apps are not working? Most are present and working after the update, both Official and Homebrew. Only Voice Dial and the SIM Toolkit thing are gone.

What apps are working? I've run just a few: Maps, Yelp, Memos, Spaz, email, Preware, Internalz Pro, Music Player Remix. All of those I've run, work. Have not found any that do not work.

Oh yeah, and the Mobile Hotspot app installed.
    Last edited by bill2455; 12/21/2011 at 02:25 PM. Reason: fix formatting, add Mobile Hotspot note.
  11.    #11  
    Did you get the OTA update? Yes.

Did you install the update? If so, did it go smoothly? Yes and Yes. I uninstalled muffled system logging, installed the recovery uberkernel, and saved package list from Preware. I also backed up my entire USB just in case but didn't need it. *Note: The initial boot once installed took 5 - 8 minutes of the HP logo so don't be worried.

If it did not go smoothly, what issues did you have? N/A

What apps are not working? All apps seem to be in working order but I will give an app report soon.

What apps are working? All apps seem to be in working order but I will give an app report soon.
    What about Classic? For those of us who have it running on our Frankenpre's, with licenses, will it get wiped out by the update?
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    (copied from the "2.2.4 OTA for Sprint Frankenpre" thread and expanded upon a bit)

Verizon to Sprint FrankenPre 2, got the OTA update yesterday. Ran EPR before updating. Ran backups. Left UberKernel installed.

I did have to restart the downloading and unpacking stages a few times, but once it got to the verify stage the rest went smoothly.

Retained all of my apps and data. Reinstalling the default kernel from Preware removed the UberKernel icon from the launcher. (btw, TouchPad auto correct turns "UberKernel" to "UndeSirable". It's been predicated) *edit 5* Retained developer mode set to "on", too.

I have the very large fonts in email problem (annoying, but I can deal) and the slightly larger notification bars on the dashboard. *edit 4* This seems to have gone away.

Tweaks still shows all of the tweaks I had in 2.1.0, which is irritating. Dunno yet if it's harmful. UberCalendar will not install, haven't gotten over to that thread for assistance yet. I'm going to EPR, uninstall Tweaks and start over with patches. Will report back.

*edit* frantid's response to my UberCalendar problem: UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch

*edit 2* I had to go to http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Application:Tweaks and read the developer documentation to figure this one out. All the JSON configuration files for Tweaks are put in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/preferences by the patch the tweaks are for. Neither EPR nor uninstalling Tweaks will remove those files, which really is the way to go. I'll go over to the Tweaks thread and suggest that it not display tweaks for which the patches aren't installed.

Went to my TouchPad and paired with the phone. SMS from the TP now works. Funny: test text messages I'd tried to send in the past all delivered (or at least synced with the phone. Will have to ask my husband if they delivered). *edit 3* They were delivered.

That's all for now.

Oh yes- must remember to make donations
    Last edited by lagoldste; 12/23/2011 at 11:14 PM.
    Here is my experience with this OTA Update...

Sprint-ified Pre2
    (no themes installed)

PREPARATION:
    Removed Uberkernal
    Preware: Update Saved Package List
    Save/Restore: save all data
    Preware: Install Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR)

RESULTS:
    First OTA download failed validation after unpacking.

Tried again immediately (run Software update again)
    2nd try unpacked and validated successfully.

Install completed with no problem.

No missing apps (that I've noticed.)

Sprint Navigation is still present, but gets stuck at launch screen. May require re-install.

Total Install Time: approximately 40 minutes.
    ~10 min to download/unpack.
    ~30 min for Update install/restart

Everything looks pretty good, so far!

(Preware 2.2.4 feed is showing a 404 error, but hopefully that's just temporary)
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Did you get the OTA update? Yes, but before i checked i made sure that i had updates enabled using the novaterm terminal

I also ran EPR and removed uberkernal and restarted before running the update

Did you install the update? If so, did it go smoothly? Yes it did it backed up my data updated the os and restored everything (thats what i said as it installed)

If it did not go smoothly, what issues did you have? Some issued that i still have are the fuzzy notification icons, and the phone app is still really laggy at times

What apps are not working? so far everything seems to work fine

What apps are working? all of them so far

Extra: I also manualy updated my PRL after the update and that went smoothly

i had sprint Nav before i updated, and after the update installed i still have it and it still works perfectly
    Verizon Pre2 with Sprint COM board, updated OTA to 2.2.4:

First download failed verification.
    Second try was successful and upgrade proceeded normally.

Following apps disappeared:
    - Sprint Navigation
    - Sprint TV
    - Amazon MP3 Store
    Successfully restored from backup IPKs.

Everything else (3rd-party apps, homebrew apps, data, account settings) remained in-place as if nothing happened. Set up Skype account in the Phone prefs, but have not tested. SMS send/receive works like a charm via the Touchpad.
    kataran likes this.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by wrprice View Post

Following apps disappeared:
    - Sprint Navigation
    - Sprint TV
    - Amazon MP3 Store
    Successfully restored from backup IPKs.
    Have you tested Sprint TV yet? Does it actually play for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSdealer View Post
    Have you tested Sprint TV yet? Does it actually play for you?
    Was just about to post an update: unfortunately, NO.
    The app launches, but it fails to bring up the video player when you select a channel/clip.

Not a huge loss (only use it when I'm bored) but disappointing. At least Nav works!
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Ran backup/EPR/removed theme.

took around 30+mins not sure I took a nap :3

Everything seems to function fine except 2.2.4 feed is showing 404 error.... would like to get my patches back -_-
    Apologies for not including all the details...

Sprint FrankenPre 2 from VZW donor built with 2.1.0 Metadoctor. Update I believe was listed as 46 MB. Removed custom Kernel, save/restored and EPRd before update.

Did you get the OTA update? Yes.

Did you install the update? If so, did it go smoothly? Yes. Mostly smoothly...

If it did not go smoothly, what issues did you have? As I said, all of my third party apps (Sprint, homebrew AND app catalog) disappeared. I've also noticed now that many contact links are broken.

What apps are not working? I'll let you know when I get them all back.

What apps are working? I did at least try Skype. Test call worked great.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast