Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Device: Sprintified FrankenPre2 (GSM Pre2)

Did you get the OTA update? Yes

Did you install the update? If so, did it go smoothly? Installed fine

If it did not go smoothly, what issues did you have? Lost my Sprint Data Connection, which wasn't noticed yesterday since I'd been using my home's WiFi. Phone calls work fine though. I have a feeling I'll need to metadoctor it back to full functionality.
    another option is trying this - manually update your PRL

Sprint PRL

Are you sure data is turned on? Did you do a full device restart?
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    Patches Added to Preware: Fixed Keyboard Brightness 25, Fixed Keyboard Brightness 50, & Fixed Keyboard Brightness 100.
    @webOSdealer : A Day In My Life, #MaskAppeal Video - Enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSdealer View Post
    another option is trying this - manually update your PRL

Sprint PRL

Are you sure data is turned on? Did you do a full device restart?
    Data is definitely turned on and I did do a full shutdown and restart. My PRL is at 60664, so I'll try doing that update first when I head home tonight.
    Update: I used WebOS QuickInstall to install Sprint Navigation and it worked like a charm. Very quick and easy.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Just noticed in the browser if a pics wider than the screen I can't scroll over horizontally at all...maybe it's the scrollbar patch causing an issue?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Did you get the OTA Update: Yes
    Did it go smoothly: Yes, took about 25-30 minutes total, and went through on first try
    What Apps aren't working: None so far! Everything restored, even preware and govnah.
    What apps are working: All of them so far

Miss my Uberkernel, still very quick but not as quick as 2.1.0 @ 1.1ghz. Overall, very satisfied with the upgrade. Haven't tried the mobile hotspot yet.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Get this error when I run preware.

Then When I try to go to saved packgae list to update I get this error for every single patch. Can someone please help me Ive been going for 3 days without patches thinking it was a server error or something.

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -I --user-agent Preware --location --fail --show-error http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....0-118_all.ipk 2>&1
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    Just noticed in the browser if a pics wider than the screen I can't scroll over horizontally at all...maybe it's the scrollbar patch causing an issue?

Can anyone else try going to the mobile facebook site (not the app), and click on a image someone posted and see if they can scroll and see it? If the pic goes off the right of the screen, i am unable to zoom it or move to the right to view the rest of the pic. It works ok on my wifes legacy pre w/ 1.4.5...and worked on mine prior to the 2.2.4 update.
    Please post your Sprint frankenPre2 2.2.4 OTA Update Results / Issues here.

Did you get the OTA update?

Did you install the update? If so, did it go smoothly?

If it did not go smoothly, what issues did you have?

What apps are not working?

What apps are working?

Thank you for your feedback.
    Yes I got this update this morning without checking for update. The notification was waiting for me when I woke up.

It went smoothly took about 20 mins but I was getting ready for work so I did not keep a close eye on it.

No issues with install.

No apps not working.

I did no prep just winged it, was comfortable after reading that many did not have problems. My patches are gone but I plan to visit preware soon which stayed on phone.

Only bug I noticed was I called my wife and had difficulty entering ext multiple times, the tone stayed constant after starting to dail ext. Not able to duplicate so unsure if it is even related.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Device:Verizon FrankenPre2 w/Sprint com board, WebOS 2.0.1

No OTA update.

System Updates reports "Your phone is up to date."

My Internalz view of the "update log" is a duplicate of the log posted by kataran.
    The messaging app is now prepending the country code and area code to short codes in my contacts list. I've not yet found a way to tell it not to do this.

*edit* Had to turn off international calling. *mutter*
    Last edited by lagoldste; 12/26/2011 at 02:19 PM.
    I have 2 Sprint Frankenpre's - mine and my wife's. Both are original Sprint comm boards inserted into Verizon Pre 2's.

The Update went fine withe mine - had to re-install Sprint Nav, Sprint TV won't come through.

On my wife's Franken Pre2, it failed to work. We got a error message with www.palm.com/rom, and after doctoring it, I tried again and it failed to validate. I doctored again (making sure I had the right meta-doctor), and it worked. HOWEVER, Sprint Nav will not install.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I have 2 Sprint Frankenpre's - mine and my wife's. Both are original Sprint comm boards inserted into Verizon Pre 2's.

The Update went fine withe mine - had to re-install Sprint Nav, Sprint TV won't come through.

On my wife's Franken Pre2, it failed to work. We got a error message with www.palm.com/rom, and after doctoring it, I tried again and it failed to validate. I doctored again (making sure I had the right meta-doctor), and it worked. HOWEVER, Sprint Nav will not install.
    For sprint nav to install I had to set it to allow write mode. Read only wouldn't allow it to install. I found the code on another post.

before doing the script run:
    mount -o remount, rw /
    Then I used the force depends script to install it.

ipkg install /media/internal/com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.1-86_armv7.ipk -force-depends

Last edited by RyanCell; 12/24/2011 at 01:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I ran EPR first, downloaded the 2.2.4 doctor from HP and ran it. Everything works great, nav loaded just fine, but need to get a copy of the TV file. Added all the patches and the pre 2 hums. The only thing I have an issue with is the lack of the Skype option.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    Can anyone else try going to the mobile facebook site (not the app), and click on a image someone posted and see if they can scroll and see it? If the pic goes off the right of the screen, i am unable to zoom it or move to the right to view the rest of the pic. It works ok on my wifes legacy pre w/ 1.4.5...and worked on mine prior to the 2.2.4 update.
    Works for me. I can scroll the the right and zoom in and out.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    Patches Added to Preware: Fixed Keyboard Brightness 25, Fixed Keyboard Brightness 50, & Fixed Keyboard Brightness 100.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by settelma View Post
    I ran EPR first, downloaded the 2.2.4 doctor from HP and ran it. Everything works great, nav loaded just fine, but need to get a copy of the TV file. Added all the patches and the pre 2 hums. The only thing I have an issue with is the lack of the Skype option.
    Go to accounts and click to add a skype account. If not, you can download the skype app from the app catalog to get skype working.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    when trying login to my Skype mobile app, it tells me I can't login while roaming. Since the terms at the bottom of the app refer to Verizon, I assume login will not work until I am on a Verizon cell?
  17.    #57  
    when trying login to my Skype mobile app, it tells me I can't login while roaming. Since the terms at the bottom of the app refer to Verizon, I assume login will not work until I am on a Verizon cell?
    I have not heard of any issues. Skype works perfectly on my sprint frankenPre2. Can you post a screenshot?
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSdealer View Post
    Works for me. I can scroll the the right and zoom in and out.
    Its pretty frustrating to not work. Maybe its a patch issue. I'll hafta try epr and see if works.

is there an hp doctor for the verizon sprintified pre2??
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    I was not so fortunate, can anyone tell me the fix for this?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast