Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 60
Like Tree5Likes
  1. kasi1222's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Use this command prior to the installation:
    Code:
    mount -o remount, rw /
    That did the trick. Thanks, Abyssul!
    Handspring Visor Platinum > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Pre > FrankenPre 2
  2. #22  
    Thanks for your work on this. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet -- has anyone seen a lot of things go slightly awry with the browser?

    1. Facebook's touch site seems to have a few shifted elements
    2. Google's results page has gigantic text for result links, small (what I would consider normal) text for the descriptions
    3. Other sites seem to have altered padding amounts


    All of it looks a lot like the browser isn't rendering CSS quite as well as it was before. Does anyone know if webkit was updated with this update? Not sure how to check. Maybe it's part of the user agent string...
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    If you don't feel like updating yet, but want Touchpad-to-Phone texting functionality, then view this post:
    How to install webOS 2.1.0 on Pre+ and Pre- using the Meta-Doctor
    (Not complaining, just sharing my experience) Couldn't get this working with my Sprint FrankenPre2.

    Performed all the steps as outlined. When I tried turning on BT via the Bluetooth Preferences screen, where there is a on/off toggle, nothing happens. My tap is registered, but the toggle doesn't move. Also tried turning it on from the top right menu. Tapping on "Bluetooth" expanded the list, but tapping "Turn on Bluetooth" does not do anything either. The list item does not light up.

    Wonder if the BT Monitor & Stack is carrier-specific... Thankfully, I kept a copy of both BluetoothMonitor & PmBtStack, so I was able to restore those files back into /usr/bin
  4. estockda's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    #24  
    For those asking (I didn't see any answer in either thread), the SMS bug, where there is a 3-5 second delay before the message moves to the top, is fixed in 2.2.4. Oh happy day!!!!

    Now granted, I didn't restore a backup so I don't have a huge messaging log if that was causing the delay.
  5. #25  
    my sms still delays, I did restore all my messages so that could be a reason.

    i don't care though, I never sms instantly like a chat and with the added TP messaging I'm so happy I txted most of my friends and family letting them know i was using the TP to text and they couldn't hahahahaha
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

    IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
  6. #26  
    I have seen EXTREME battery drain (about 1% per minute) and a good amount of heat since performing the upgrade via meta-doctor and then using Preware's Saved Package List and Save/Restore to get back whatever patches in the 2.2.4 or 2.2.3 feeds. I've also paired my TP and Pre via BT, but the drain's pretty apparent even when they are not within range of one another.

    I just performed an EPR in case one of the patches was causing the issue and will report back.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYravefever View Post
    (Not complaining, just sharing my experience) Couldn't get this working with my Sprint FrankenPre2.

    Performed all the steps as outlined. When I tried turning on BT via the Bluetooth Preferences screen, where there is a on/off toggle, nothing happens. My tap is registered, but the toggle doesn't move. Also tried turning it on from the top right menu. Tapping on "Bluetooth" expanded the list, but tapping "Turn on Bluetooth" does not do anything either. The list item does not light up.

    Wonder if the BT Monitor & Stack is carrier-specific... Thankfully, I kept a copy of both BluetoothMonitor & PmBtStack, so I was able to restore those files back into /usr/bin
    The BT drivers are not carrier specific. There have been reports of that process working for Sprint FrankenPre2's.

    Quote Originally Posted by eberon View Post
    Thanks for your work on this. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet -- has anyone seen a lot of things go slightly awry with the browser?

    1. Facebook's touch site seems to have a few shifted elements
    2. Google's results page has gigantic text for result links, small (what I would consider normal) text for the descriptions
    3. Other sites seem to have altered padding amounts


    All of it looks a lot like the browser isn't rendering CSS quite as well as it was before. Does anyone know if webkit was updated with this update? Not sure how to check. Maybe it's part of the user agent string...
    2.2.4 on Pre2 -- huge fonts?

    They probably did update the webkit.

    Quote Originally Posted by estockda View Post
    For those asking (I didn't see any answer in either thread), the SMS bug, where there is a 3-5 second delay before the message moves to the top, is fixed in 2.2.4. Oh happy day!!!!

    Now granted, I didn't restore a backup so I don't have a huge messaging log if that was causing the delay.
    Wait until the huge message log. It's still there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    I have seen EXTREME battery drain (about 1% per minute) and a good amount of heat since performing the upgrade via meta-doctor and then using Preware's Saved Package List and Save/Restore to get back whatever patches in the 2.2.4 or 2.2.3 feeds. I've also paired my TP and Pre via BT, but the drain's pretty apparent even when they are not within range of one another.

    I just performed an EPR in case one of the patches was causing the issue and will report back.
    Give it a couple of days.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  8. d0u8l3m's Avatar
    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    #28  
    WOOT GUYS you dont have to meta your phones to update my sprint franken pre 2 just said that theres an update available =D im gonna remove all patches and kernals first and then install it (make sure you have updates enabled)


    Edit heres my twitter for proof =D


    http://twitter.com/#!/D0U8L3M/status/149299122090950658
    Last edited by NpManny; 12/20/2011 at 07:28 PM.
  9. cfbauer's Avatar
    Posts
    179 Posts
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    #29  
    Yeah, Sprint Unlocked FrankenPre2 here, just got the 2.2.4 OTA as well. Gonna hold off on updating for a bit and see how things go.

    edit: so NpManny, when are you going to update?
    Last edited by cfbauer; 12/20/2011 at 08:30 PM.
  10. d0u8l3m's Avatar
    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by cfbauer View Post
    Yeah, Sprint Unlocked FrankenPre2 here, just got the 2.2.4 OTA as well. Gonna hold off on updating for a bit and see how things go.

    edit: so NpManny, when are you going to update?
    lol i just decided to go with it because i could dr back to 2.1 if need be, but so far it updates successfully, but im not sure if its because of the lack of the overclock or what but it seems sluggish now, and you still get that fuzzy notification bug when you update this way =/ but its usable so ill just wait for the OC to see what happens....i think theres a kernel i can use thats based on 2.2.3 but its in beta so ill try to get that later


    Edit: a restart seemed to fix the sluggishness so its basicly the same now exept for the fuzzy thing XD

    also i now have the mobile hotspot app and it turns on but i dont think im going to use it because i dont wanna get charged so ill stick with freetether...and the youtube "app" is not just a launcher that opens youtube in the web browser =[
    Last edited by NpManny; 12/20/2011 at 09:19 PM.
  11. #31  
    Does anyone know if the update brings better enyo support? I know people have gotten Pix, Incredible!, etc to work on their Pre3s, but they currently don't work on my Pre2.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark


    The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
    ...and the youtube "app" is not just a launcher that opens youtube in the web browser =[
    You can pull the old one from the 2.1 doctor. That's what I did to get it on my TouchPad.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark


    The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
  13.    #33  
    Run this to enable the update daemon. The modern frankenPre2 2.1.0 scripts have the update daemon enabled, but this code is just for those who might not get the update screen.

    Code:
    cd /usr/bin
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod +x UpdateDaemon
    chmod +x OmaDm
    mount -o remount,ro /


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  14. cfbauer's Avatar
    Posts
    179 Posts
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    #34  
    Doesn't AUPT (I'm not 100% on that acronym) take care of uninstalling patches when upgrading?
  15. #35  
    Hi
    Popping in to say I got OTA update tonight, see thread below
    Scanning the posts in this thread from the last page, yes I too got mobile hotspot. Hmmn. Pre2 said it was connected to Touchpad but webpage would not open--no internet connection. Free tether continued to work fine.

    2.2.4 OTA for Sprint FrankenPre
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    The BT drivers are not carrier specific. There have been reports of that process working for Sprint FrankenPre2's.
    Ok, thanks for that info. Helps remove one culprit. Tried several time to create bt.tar & replacing the contents into usr/bin/ Same result; 1) tapping on "Turn on Bluetooth" in top menu does nothing, 2) turning on Bluetooth from "Bluetooth Preferences" screen does nothing either.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    I have seen EXTREME battery drain (about 1% per minute) and a good amount of heat since performing the upgrade via meta-doctor and then using Preware's Saved Package List and Save/Restore to get back whatever patches in the 2.2.4 or 2.2.3 feeds. I've also paired my TP and Pre via BT, but the drain's pretty apparent even when they are not within range of one another.

    I just performed an EPR in case one of the patches was causing the issue and will report back.
    And in a brief moment of clarity I decided to head to the messaging application, wondering if I was "Available" on Google Talk, AIM, Y! chat, and Skype. As soon as I logged out, device temps went down and the extreme battery drain subsided.

    Ooops.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
  18. #38  
    Glad to hear it
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYravefever View Post
    Ok; 1) tapping on "Turn on Bluetooth" in top menu does nothing, 2) turning on Bluetooth from "Bluetooth Preferences" screen does nothing either.
    Assumed root was read/write and the phone was rebooted?

    I tested bt on pre+ with webos 2.1.0 build 285 and on pre2 webos 2.1.0 build 124, others have done it on pre2 webos 2.1.0 build 108, it has worked on about 20 or so devices, but just because it worked for us does not mean it will work for you.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Assumed root was read/write and the phone was rebooted?

    I tested bt on pre+ with webos 2.1.0 build 285 and on pre2 webos 2.1.0 build 124, others have done it on pre2 webos 2.1.0 build 108, it has worked on about 20 or so devices, but just because it worked for us does not mean it will work for you.
    Thanks for trying to help troubleshoot. I'll keep trying, starting from scratch each time. Worse case, I'll just bite the bullet and metadoctor to 2.2.4 (didn't get OTA System Updates keeps showing "Checking for updates"+spinner)

    UPDATE: Just looked into my /var/log/updated.log, and it seems that it is stuck at carrier check (I'm guessing) since the output says, "Check the DMCARRIER token for a build mismatch."

    UPDATE2 + QUESTION: In reading the thread/post regarding getBT script (How to install webOS 2.1.0 on Pre+ and Pre- using the Meta-Doctor), it sounds like 1) it references a doctor file within meta-doctor directory, and 2) I may need to run the test verizon script. Can anyone confirm?
    Last edited by SKYravefever; 12/22/2011 at 01:44 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions