Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    I would just like to say that this has been one of the best homebrew patches/apps I have ever experienced from webOS, especially coming from Canada.

There are many apps that are very compatible in Canada from the USA, and the US developers continue to ignore us and not include us in the offical App Catalog when they submit their app.

This frustrates me to no end... and makes me think things like "typical ignorant american"...

Thanks a million for allowing us the access to apps that we SHOULD have had in the first place.

I feel like I have a new phone!
    Is there any way to check-off app catalog feeds I donīt want to have?
    Iīd like to have the US feed, but thereīs no need for the french one.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    This is really one of the homebrew apps. I have already installed Kindle and some other beta apps. I think the following features would improve the user experience while browsing the apps even more:

- subcategories like in the TouchPad's catalog app
    - choose the feeds like juggernaut has already suggested
    - grouping by supported devices (e.g. I'd like to see TouchPad apps only on my TouchPad)
    Preģ (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Wow, thanks for this. In order to get the palm-catalog to work on my Pre- I had to disable all other feeds in Preware but I did get it to work.

Anyone try Angry Birds Seasons on a Pre- yet? Originally it came out as compatible with the Pre- but at some point an update made it incompatible. I'm curious if it really is incompatible, or they just didn't want to continue supporting the Pre-.

At any rate, I had purchased it but lost it after an involuntary hard reset. Just curious if app-tuckerbox will let me get it back.

Thanks Again!
    --Chris

Palm History:

Palm Personal => Palm Personal with Palm Pro upgrade card => Palm III => Palm IIIx => Palm IIIxe => Palm T|X => Palm Pre
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by mark-dj View Post
    Anyone? I have the App Tuckerbox feed on but just cannot locate the actual app.

EDIT: Installed via WOSQI
    If you can't see it in Preware, but can install it via WOSQI, then there is something seriously wrong with your Preware feed configuration. You should delete all custom feeds, uninstall Preware, reboot, then reinstall Preware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by camiller View Post
    At any rate, I had purchased it but lost it after an involuntary hard reset. Just curious if app-tuckerbox will let me get it back.

Thanks Again!
    You should be able to search for it and install.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    When I tried to install my TP purchased app on Pre3, it says 'unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -l --user-agent Preware --location --fail --show-error https://<IPK file link>... the requested URL returned error: 403'. Do I need to install App Tuckerbox on both TP and Pre3? I only installed and registered it on Pre3.
    is that the complete error text? Nothing else?

Does not need to be installed on any other device, only needs to be purchased on the same profile.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    yes it's the complete error text, except the real ipk file link. I am not sure if it's leagal to post that ipk file link.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    When I tried to install my TP purchased app on Pre3, it says 'unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -l --user-agent Preware --location --fail --show-error https://... the requested URL returned error: 403'. Do I need to install App Tuckerbox on both TP and Pre3? I only installed and registered it on Pre3.

I've got a similar message when I have tried to install a non-free application which I haven't bought.

BTW: is there already a thread (or a website) which maintains a "compatibility" list, e.g. which TP apps are working on the Pre&#179;? Angry Birds HD is running on my Pre&#179;, but Rio and Seasons don't. I have tested Robotek HD (working) and Asphalt 5 Free (working, but after loading the track an applicaton error is shown)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Preģ (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by casperstar View Post
    yes it's the complete error text, except the real ipk file link. I am not sure if it's leagal to post that ipk file link.
    And you are certain you are using the same Palm Profile on the phone that you purchased this app on?

I am able to replicate the exact same error if I attempt to install an app I didn't purchase. I have yet to encounter this error on any app I know I purchased, so I would say you are attempting to install a paid app not purchased on this profile.
    Yea this happened to me...

Update the the feeds

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  13.    #173  
    When I tried to install my TP purchased app on Pre3, it says 'unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -l --user-agent Preware --location --fail --show-error https://<IPK file link>... the requested URL returned error: 403'. Do I need to install App Tuckerbox on both TP and Pre3? I only installed and registered it on Pre3.
    You need to install and register on any device on which you wish to install packages from the app tuckerbox feeds.

403 means permission denied. Make sure you are using the correct version of Preware and you have restarted Preware after configuring the feeds with app tuckerbox to ensure that Preware is sending your correct credentials to the HP servers.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  14.    #174  
    There's no issue with posting the link, since you can't use that URL to download it unless you've previously purchased the app with that profile. There is other authentication information sent to the HP servers which is intentionally elided from the error message (to ensure that people don't post their credentials on forums).

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

That's a symptom of running out of memory.

-- Rod
    Hi Rod,

Thanks, that makes sense. How can I get around running out of memory? Are there any patches or modifications I can do to prevent this?

-Kyle
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Has anyone successfully gotten this to work on an AT&T Pre 3? I've tried all suggestions and the Palm feeds still don't show up in Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I am able to replicate the exact same error if I attempt to install an app I didn't purchase. I have yet to encounter this error on any app I know I purchased, so I would say you are attempting to install a paid app not purchased on this profile.
    Iīd say youīre gonna get more postings alike since the error message ist indeed misleading. If one hasnīt configured to have preware show the "price" tag (or isnīt paying attention to it), thereīs no way of telling why that download didnīt work.

Since one doesnīt really have to know wether some app from the say french catalog is a paid app or not and thereīs no hint in the description of this app, you actually donīt know youīre trying to download a paid app you havenīt purchased.
  18.    #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    and thereīs no hint in the description of this app
    The price field shown in Preware (always shown in the detailed view, and optionally shown in the summary view) is not a hint?

Well, Preware is on github now, specifically so people can contribute patches for stuff like this ...

-- Rod
  19.    #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by iradeut View Post
    Has anyone successfully gotten this to work on an AT&T Pre 3?
    Yes, many folks have.

-- Rod
    For the people having problems getting the feeds to show up in Preware this is what I did to resolve the problem per Rod's post. This worked on my TP and Pre+. Hope this helps.

1) Remove any custom feeds
    2) Uninstall Preware
    3) Reboot
    4) Install Preware (I used WOSQI)
    5) Launch AppTuckerbox and make sure your registered and select to update Preware feeds
    6) Close AppTuckerbox and launch Preware
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast