Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Spdyrel View Post
    any way I can "ignore update" for an app? Preware is trying to update OpenOffice to the touchpad version which I'm pretty sure won't work on my Pre3

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Turn off "Ignore Device Compatibility" when you are not actively using it.

-- Rod
    for having all apps displayed AND not accidently updating quickoffice, i just added 'quickoffice' to the maintainer ignorelist in preware. If quickoffice would really update the app in the future for your device you will see this in the HP App Catalog, so nothing missed here.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 01/09/2012 at 01:20 AM.
    so if I try to install an app that I have previously not bought, will it not let me install
    I keep on getting a Registration Error: Request for user device profile from account service failed.
    What does this mean?
    To those that aren't seeing anything new after updating the feeds, I had the same problem. I just closed Preware, and re-opened it, and then they(apps) showed up.
    This is awesome. I've been waiting for a few apps to update for my Pre 3, and now I don't have to wait any longer! They work fine except for the black bar, but I can live with that for now. Great stuff.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    To those that aren't seeing anything new after updating the feeds, I had the same problem. I just closed Preware, and re-opened it, and then they(apps) showed up.
    No such luck here
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Registration was accepted, clicked conifgure preware feed.

I've restarted preware, restarted luna, restarted the whole device, unchecked all but the tuckerbox feeds, and still nothing is showing up. Seems like it's loading, shows numbers when downloading palm-beta (180k?) , palm-catalog (3379k) and palm-web.

Using preware 1.9.10, have use app tuckerbox and ignore device compat on.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    This is awesome. I've been waiting for a few apps to update for my Pre 3, and now I don't have to wait any longer! They work fine except for the black bar, but I can live with that for now. Great stuff.
    TIP for you:
    Make apps fit the whole screen Pre3
    Make apps fit the whole screen Pre3
    Hi,

great - installed and it works, great work! wow, how many apps there are ... gonna take me weeks to scroll through Žem.

For pre3 owners, other than the help IŽd suggest NOT to turn "ignore device" on, since this setting will give you all of those TP apps as well, and most of them donŽt look good on a pre3.

Is there any way to hide paid apps that I havenŽt bought from the display? As of now theyŽll display just like any other app and youŽll get an installation failure (and not a message stating that this is a paid app which you have to pay for prior to downloading it).
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdclover View Post
    Registration was accepted, clicked conifgure preware feed.

I've restarted preware, restarted luna, restarted the whole device, unchecked all but the tuckerbox feeds, and still nothing is showing up. Seems like it's loading, shows numbers when downloading palm-beta (180k?) , palm-catalog (3379k) and palm-web.

Using preware 1.9.10, have use app tuckerbox and ignore device compat on.
    something is definitely wrong. Besides doing all as mentioned here, I am not getting the updated list. the catalog feed loaded, but apps don't show.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Is there a way to search through just apps you've previously bought (on all devices)? I know there were apps I had on my Pre- that did not carry over to the Pre3, but it's been a while and they are no longer on the Pre- to check (since it got signed out of my profile), so I don't remember all the names...
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    Is there a way to search through just apps you've previously bought (on all devices)? I know there were apps I had on my Pre- that did not carry over to the Pre3, but it's been a while and they are no longer on the Pre- to check (since it got signed out of my profile), so I don't remember all the names...
    Impostah can show you this.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    But App Tuckerbox does not seem to be showing up in Preware. I definitely have the webOS Internals feed switched on...am I missing something? I'm pretty sure I saw it before when it was in closed beta.

Good work by Rod's team by the way!
    this is great. Possibly a silly question but is it possible to have the tuckerbox feed added to WebOs quick install?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_D View Post
    this is great. Possibly a silly question but is it possible to have the tuckerbox feed added to WebOs quick install?
    I would doubt it, would require "registering" your PC to a Palm Profile, then ensuring webOS QI can confirm profile with current phone profile. Basically leaves it way to open to piracy IMHO.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Impostah can show you this.

-- Rod
    If I understand correctly, Impostah shows you this, but not by the app's name. For example, in my paid app list I have "com.willculus.ct83". I have to Google that to figure out it is Advanced Calculator CT8300. Then I go to Preware and search for it by name. So it takes 3 apps to do this. If I could click on the app in the list in Impostah and it would give app info, or even open Preware to that particular app, that would streamline this a lot.

In this particular case, there's nothing when I search for it in Preware (I do see other stuff from the app catalog). Maybe it was pulled from the app catalog? Maybe I'm searching for the wrong name? Maybe the colon in the name is a problem? I don't know. It's still listed here https://developer.palm.com/appredire...willculus.ct83
    In post #4 of this thread, Rod already said a purchased-apps feed/category is on the roadmap for the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by mark-dj View Post
    But App Tuckerbox does not seem to be showing up in Preware. I definitely have the webOS Internals feed switched on...am I missing something? I'm pretty sure I saw it before when it was in closed beta.

Good work by Rod's team by the way!
    Anyone? I have the App Tuckerbox feed on but just cannot locate the actual app.

EDIT: Installed via WOSQI
    Last edited by mark-dj; 01/10/2012 at 01:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    Hi,

great - installed and it works, great work! wow, how many apps there are ... gonna take me weeks to scroll through Žem.

For pre3 owners, other than the help IŽd suggest NOT to turn "ignore device" on, since this setting will give you all of those TP apps as well, and most of them donŽt look good on a pre3.

Is there any way to hide paid apps that I havenŽt bought from the display? As of now theyŽll display just like any other app and youŽll get an installation failure (and not a message stating that this is a paid app which you have to pay for prior to downloading it).
    Workaround to prevent you from selecting paid apps is to go to preference in preware (upperleft) and scroll to the list scene header. There is an option to change the second header. It opens a pull-down menu, look for the option to display price, version and maintenance. It will show you the price for each application as you browse. Happy browsing!
    Rod,

Was the info I posted useful in figuring out why some of us don't see the apps from the new feeds? Is there anything else I can do or send that would help?
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast