Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I've followed the directions on my AT&T Pre 3, and even though I have turned on App Tuckerbox in Preware, and turned on the Palm Catalog feeds, nothing new turns up. It does seems as if the feeds are loading upon entering Preware, but the only apps that are showing up are the same ones as before.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    did you goto the prefs in preware after registering apptucker and selected "use apptuckerbox" and "ignore device compatability"?

manage feeds after this to make sure the palm cat etc are selected, should work fine after that.
    I have selected use App Tuckerbox and Ignore device compatability, as well as enabled the palm-catalog, palm-beta & palm-web feeds. I have also noticed that - after doing all of this - Preware is only showing 537 available applications. Does this sound right?
    mine lists 10,396 applications and i dont have some of the beta feeds on.
  4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Just installed on my Touchpad, got NFSU and Angry Birds Rio, both which I purchased on my Pre+. Will the Save/Restore files from my Pre work on the Touchpad?
    Yes, they should.

Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    I have three Palm Profiles, with one (Profile1) for my TP and EU Pre3 shared with AUD purchased apps. But my AT&T Pre 3 (with Telstra SIM) and my unlocked NA Pre 2 (with Virgin SIM) have the other two Profiles (Profile2 and and Profile3) and have USA (not AUS) activation so I cannot buy apps with them.

My Christmas AT&T Veer (with global roaming SIM) went onto the TP Profile1 now with the EU Pre3 going into StopDeviceWipe mode with Impostah. Now that Tuckerbox is available I want to move my EU Pre3 AUD purchased apps to my AT&T Pre3 (Profile2) and my AT&T Veer. To do this all three have to go to Profile1 but only one phone is allowed at any time. The EU Pre3 I assume needs to be reactivated to install Tuckerbox first so its apps are registered in Tuckerbox before I start this process?

Registering all three profiles as one user seems the way to go.
    App Tuckerbox can only download items from the HP servers using a valid palm profile. As long as the profile that was on your device is still valid (i.e. you haven't logged into another phone with the same profile, which will invalidate the first profile login), then App Tuckerbox should be able to use it, and will tell you if it cannot when you attempt to register that device.

Quote Originally Posted by JHaskins View Post
    I just downloaded and registered the App Tuckerbox on both my Touchpad and my pre-. This is my first time posting in the forums, so please forgive what may be a stupid question. All I'm interested in is getting my Amazon MP3 app on my Touchpad and I do not see it in any of the feeds. It isn't a great app, but it is easier to use than their web page and currently I download to my Pre and transfer to my Touchpad via computer (big pain). Any ideas on how I can accomplish this?
    That app only comes as part of the webOS doctor - it is not in the app catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by pcimino View Post
    I installed AppTuckerBox (awsome, by the way) on my Pre3 when it was Beta. At that time there were some instructions about uninstalling Preware, and I think there was a console command I had to run, before re-installing Preware.

Is this still applicable? I don't see anything in the installation docs about this step.
    You do not need to reinstall Preware or use the testing feeds for App Tuckerbox.

Quote Originally Posted by maatko View Post
    Hi Guys
    is there any chance to implement a search function into the Preware made for Pre 3? Thanks
    That splash screen in Preware on which you clicked "I've read this" told you explicitly that you should just type to search in Preware.

Quote Originally Posted by snaptrax View Post
    After downloading this app, I came across a problem. When turning one the three feeds, my Palm Pre Plus on AT&T would either restart or get to the Complete! page. I have only been able to get Preware to work once with all three Feeds one. This only happens when Palm-Catalog Feed is on. If I turn it off it does not restart or get stuck on the Complete! page. Any idea why the Palm-Catalog Feed is not working?
    That's a symptom of running out of memory.

Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Same problem here on my pre+ and TP. My status is 'registration accepted'. Is there an approved status?
    Registration Accepted is the approved status.

Quote Originally Posted by jetz View Post
    if you click install on an app that is normally paid for and you have never purchased before, will it buy that app or prevent you from doing so. I'm too scared to install new apps directly from it, I check its website page first to see its not paid. Also the new coins tab includes free apps too for some reason. Can you add prices to each app in preware
    As detailed on the documentation wiki page, App Tuckerbox does not get involved in purchasing. You must have previously purchased a paid app using the official app catalog to be able to install it with App Tuckerbox.

Quote Originally Posted by iradeut View Post
    I've followed the directions on my AT&T Pre 3, and even though I have turned on App Tuckerbox in Preware, and turned on the Palm Catalog feeds, nothing new turns up. It does seems as if the feeds are loading upon entering Preware, but the only apps that are showing up are the same ones as before.
    Try updating the feeds with a working network connection.

Quote Originally Posted by JHaskins View Post
    I have selected use App Tuckerbox and Ignore device compatability, as well as enabled the palm-catalog, palm-beta & palm-web feeds. I have also noticed that - after doing all of this - Preware is only showing 537 available applications. Does this sound right?
    It does not.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    any way I can "ignore update" for an app? Preware is trying to update OpenOffice to the touchpad version which I'm pretty sure won't work on my pre3.
  6.    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spdyrel View Post
    any way I can "ignore update" for an app? Preware is trying to update OpenOffice to the touchpad version which I'm pretty sure won't work on my pre3.
    Turn off "Ignore Device Compatibility" when you are not actively using it.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    App Tuckerbox is not running on my Pre Plus. When I run it, it says:

Location Host Not Found: App Tuckerbox cannot retrieve the Location Host and is unable to operate in this condition. Please seek assistance.

This Pre Plus isn't associated with my profile. I'm assuming that's the cause of the problem. How do I get A.T. working on this phone?
  8.    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    App Tuckerbox is not running on my Pre Plus. When I run it, it says:

Location Host Not Found: App Tuckerbox cannot retrieve the Location Host and is unable to operate in this condition. Please seek assistance.

This Pre Plus isn't associated with my profile. I'm assuming that's the cause of the problem. How do I get A.T. working on this phone?
    App Tuckerbox requires a valid Palm Profile to operate.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by Spdyrel View Post
    Quick office HD works on Pre3! :Oh My...App Tuckerbox: Printing on Pre3?
    It's not optimized for the pre smaller screen but It's usable you can save, edit documents and the print option also is there (not tested yet)
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Try updating the feeds with a working network connection
    Network connection is fine, and I've attempted updating feeds multiple times, but still not getting the Palm App catalog Feeds.
    Network connection is fine, and I've attempted updating feeds multiple times, but still not getting the Palm App catalog Feeds.
    Me either. It looks like preware is downloading them but they never appear. Are there any logs I can post to help diagnose this?
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Me either. It looks like preware is downloading them but they never appear. Are there any logs I can post to help diagnose this?
    I seem to be in the same boat as you two. Installed App Tuckerbox, registered, registration accepted, turned on all feed, tried with device compatibility on and off. When I start preware, it is definitely downloading _something_ when it says it's downloading App Catalog & other feeds - as in taking several seconds to download the feed & a progress bar. But when I get to the main screen of preware, no applications from the new feeds appear. It still just shows ~570 apps.

This is on a TouchPad with 3.0.4 on a definitely working network connection. Should loading preware generate any log that could show what's happening?
  13.    #133  
    You can use Lumberjack to watch the logs of what is happening.

-- Rod
    Same here. Verizon Pre 2 on HP webOS 2.1.0
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You can use Lumberjack to watch the logs of what is happening.

-- Rod
    Thanks. I'll check that.
  16.    #136  
    Are the people having problems using the correct Preware version? You need version 1.9.10 ...

-- Rod
    Are the people having problems using the correct Preware version? You need version 1.9.10 ...

-- Rod
    Yes, I have Preware 1.9.10, App Tuckerbox 1.0.2, and Touchpad w/ 3.0.4.

I've run App Tuckerbox which currently says "Registration Accepted". I have all feeds turned on in Preware except for the theme ones. In preferences, Use App Tuckerbox & Ignore device compatibility are both turned on.

When I run Preware, during startup I have a series of screens that show the spinner, Downloading Feed Information, a progress bar, HTTP /1.1 200 OK. For most of the feeds it is too quick to see the size of the feeds, but for the Palm-catalog one it shows 3379K. After downloading all feeds, it goes through several screens of Loading Package Information. On the main screen of Preware, it says Available Applications 539.

I captured the follow log for Preware but it doesn't seem too useful. It has a handful of errors that don't seem to have anything to do with loading Preware. One thing I noticed was the date of the log entries were correct, but the times were off by 7 hours (early). The time displayed on screen is correct. In settings, time is set to Network Time and New York, United States of America (EST). The last error also looks as if it were truncated, but that's actually how it appears in Lumberjack.

Here's the Preware log from follow log mode (log cleared before opening Preware):

[2012-01-09 03:24:22] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (com.veeho.sdlterminal): { "Title":"SDLTerminal", "LastUpdated":"1314295255", "Icon":"http://cdn.precentral.net/resources/application-icons/000/015/587/icon.png", "Homepage":"http://www.precentral.net/sdlterminal", "License":"Other", "FullDescription":"<p>SDLTerminal is a lightweight terminal for the Palm Pre 1/2. The goal of the design is to ensure stability and compatibility on webOS 1.4.5 and 2.x Pre devices. Works out of the box without depending on configuration through other Apps. There are no prerequisites, everything you need is setup in the installation package.</p>\n<p>&nbsp;</p>\n<p><strong>Key bindings:</strong><br /><br /> SYM + b = &lt;<br /> SYM + h = [<br /> SYM + j = ]<br /> SYM + n = &gt;<br /> SYM + o = ~<br /> SYM + q = ESC<br /> SYM + t = TAB<br /> SYM + u = }<br /> SYM + y = {<br /> SYM + x = |<br /> SYM + z = \<br /> SYM + l = `<br /> SYM
    [2012-01-09 03:24:26] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (com.tigers.beta.done): { "Type": "Application", "Category": "Productivity", "Title": "Done!", "Icon": "http://cdn.precentral.net/resources/application-icons/000/010/813/stringio.txt", "LastUpdated": "1310015178", "Homepage": "http://www.precentral.net/done-1", "License": "MIT License Open Source", "FullDescription": "<p>REMEMBER, THIS IS THE BETA VERSION OF DONE! Things could go wrong. Horribly wrong. BP WRONG. Use at your own risk.</p> <p>If you have things you need to get Done!, then this is the app for you. Done! is the premier tasks app for getting things done with webOS and allows you to sync with <a rel="nofollow">Toodledo.com</a></p> <p>Enter tasks on your webOS device or on the Toodledo web site. Synchronize so that your to-do list is always with you, no matter where you go. You can enter, edit, check off or delete tasks on the device when you're away fr
    [2012-01-09 03:24:26] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (com.etherient.engineer): { "Type": "Application", "Category": "Games", "Title": "Engineer", "Icon": "http://cdn.precentral.net/resources/application-icons/000/016/205/icon.png", "LastUpdated": "1317157200", "Homepage": "http://www.precentral.net/engineer-1", "License": "MIT License Open Source", "FullDescription": "<p>Engineer is a free application from the book "Practical webOS Projects with the Palm Pre". It is a game where you play the part of engineer of the starship Prenterprise (hehe). Your job is to direct particles created by the generator in the center of the screen into the correct injector port at the corners based on color. You do this by tapping the particle diverters around the generator, or by pressing the keys W, A, S and Z which correspond to the top, left, right and bottom diverters respectively, to cycle through the diverter states.
    [2012-01-09 03:24:26] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (com.tehtorq.reddit): { "Type": "Application", "Category": "News and Internet", "Title": "IAmA reddit", "Icon": "http://cdn.precentral.net/resources/application-icons/000/015/764/reddit_2011-31-08_201139_copy.png", "LastUpdated": "1318193829", "Homepage": "http://www.precentral.net/iama-reddit", "License": "Closed Source", "FullDescription": "<p>reddit: the voice of the internet - news before it happens<br><br> Join one of the largest online communities, or you know, just lurk anonymously, and browse user submissions and comments that range from the mundane to the hilarious, and cover just about every topic out there. Whether you're into news, humor, photography or something more obscure, you'll probably find it (first) on reddit.<br><br> IAmA reddit allows you to register a user, login, browse topics by category, search, upvote and downvote user comments, reply
    [2012-01-09 03:24:26] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (ca.canucksoftware.internalz): { "Type": "Application", "Category": "System Utilities", "Title": "Internalz Pro", "Icon": "http://cdn.precentral.net/resources/application-icons/000/010/831/stringio.txt", "LastUpdated": "1310079721", "Homepage": "http://www.precentral.net/internalz", "License": "Closed Source", "FullDescription": "<p>Internalz Pro is the first and best file manager for the webOS.<br><br>It's feature-packed and includes full device browsing, file/directory moving and copying, easy deletions with optional swipe-to-delete feature, simple renaming, built-in image viewer, built-in text editor, built-in ipk installer, built-in patcher and more.</p> <p>Note: If you're not an advanced user, I recommend <a rel="nofollow">Internalz in the App Catalog</a> as an alternative. That version is designed with the average user in mind.</p> <p>A video highlighting t
    [2012-01-09 03:24:26] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (net.palmdoc.medipda): { "Type": "Application", "Category": "Healthcare and Fitness", "Title": "MediPDA for WebOS", "Icon": "http://cdn.precentral.net/resources/application-icons/000/010/913/stringio.txt", "LastUpdated": "1279414800", "Homepage": "http://www.precentral.net/medipda-webos", "License": "GPL v3 Open Source", "FullDescription": "<p>A modular medical calculator comprising commonly used calculations and algorithms in medicine.</p><p>This is a beta version of a free application which will be distributed under a GPL License.</p><p>Current modules - 30:</p><ul><li>6 CIT Cognitive function test</li><li>A-a gradient</li><li>Abbreviated Mental Test</li><li>Anion gap</li><li>Apache II score</li><li>Apgar score</li><li>Body Mass Index</li><li>Body Surface Area</li><li>Child-Pugh score</li><li>Corrected QT Interval</li><li>Corrected Calcium (for hypoalbuminemia)
    [2012-01-09 03:24:26] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (com.mhwsoft.preader-native): { "Type": "Application", "Category": "Books", "Title": "pReader Native Alpha", "Icon": "http://cdn.precentral.net/resources/application-icons/000/014/667/icon.png", "LastUpdated": "1316943858", "Homepage": "http://www.precentral.net/preader-native-alpha", "License": "GPL v3 Open Source", "FullDescription": "<p>This is the <strong>native alpha release</strong> of the pReader eBook reading software.</p> <p>It's a radical rewrite of the Javascript pReader found in the AppCatalog and uses the new capabilities offered by the WebOS PDK.</p> <p></p> <p>Like the old version, it supports ePub, eReader, MobiPocket, PalmDOC, plaintext and HTML files, but some features of the GUI might not work yet and it also might randomly crash your device. It shouldn't cause any data loss, but as it's an <strong>alpha release</strong> there can be no guarant
    [2012-01-09 03:24:26] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (com.vocshop.simplebigbook): { "Type": "Application", "Category": "Books", "Title": "Simple Big Book", "Icon": "http://cdn.precentral.net/resources/application-icons/000/010/766/stringio.txt", "LastUpdated": "1307996961", "Homepage": "http://www.precentral.net/simple-big-book", "License": "GPL v3 Open Source", "FullDescription": "<p><strong>Final webos 1.x 2.x version. Final Mojo version.</strong></p> <p><strong>Alcoholics Anonymous</strong> for webOS prepared by Matt P, John K and Rick B, update by Matt/Xanadu73</p> <p>This app includes the first 181 pages of Alcoholics Anonymous formatted for webOS including the foreword, the Doctor's Opinion, the front sections, and Dr Bob's story from the public domain first edition. The page numbers in this version correspond to those in the third and fourth editions.</p> <p><strong>Features:</strong></p> <ul> <li>Individual
    I forgot to add - the log is the same for all reporting levels of Lumberjack except for Alert which has an empty log.

I also have UberKernel 3.0.4-88 installed set to UberKernel Default by Govnah 1.3.9.

Would a list of patches installed be useful?
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    App Tuckerbox requires a valid Palm Profile to operate.

-- Rod
    Understood. How do I link my Palm Pre to my Palm Profile, while still retaining my Pre 3 as my active device? I've searched here and webos-internals, with no luck.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Turn off "Ignore Device Compatibility" when you are not actively using it.

-- Rod
    Ooh wow kinda obvious haha. Thanks.
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast