Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    I've installed and tried to use both Kindle Betas in the Tuckerbox-enabled feeds: 0.11.499820 and 0.10.486564, but I can't get further than the login.
    already being discussed, and 12.50 doesn't work either: Kindle for Pre3?
    Hi,

I've been told, some minutes ago, that apptuckerbox was available in preware (stable), so I just downloaded etc, and I'm peeking at the "new feeds".

If I may offer an opinion... it would be useful to be able to group the applications by geography, too. This would make easy to do something like "lets see what's available in the uk market that I don't have in the xxxx market"
    Just installed the stable release. The whole app catalog loaded fine my Pixi(if this matters, I'm oc'ed with warthog at 850, if that makes a difference.) But it's laggly when you go swipe back from the app page.
    Just installed on my Touchpad, got NFSU and Angry Birds Rio, both which I purchased on my Pre+. Will the Save/Restore files from my Pre work on the Touchpad? Huge props webos internals team!!
    So this would seem to be useful only for getting non-Touchpad apps on the Touchpad, correct? Kindle, Zinio and Audubon Birds would be excellent on my Pre 2!
    Last edited by broncot; 01/06/2012 at 08:16 PM. Reason: forgot a question
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Just installed on my Pre 3. This is great! It turns Preware back into the one-stop-shop it was before HP cut off their feeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    So this would seem to be useful only for getting non-Touchpad apps on the Touchpad, correct? Kindle, Zinio and Audubon Birds would be excellent on my Pre 2!
    I do think that the primary practical use for App Tuckerbox is for getting older apps onto newer devices. Newer webOS devices naturally run older apps just fine and automatically adapt them to the larger screens (particularly PDK apps), but often the app's publisher has no interest in testing and supporting the app on newer devices when the number of devices is small and not growing.

Newer apps are either written to run on all devices and already appear in the app catalog for all the devices, or are written in such a way that they depend on features of a particular device or webOS version (TouchPad/webOS 3.0.x most often), and simply aren't going to work correctly on a small-screened phone with a lower webOS version.

So it's natural then that many Pre apps run great on the Pre3 and Touchpad, but thus far very few TouchPad apps really work right on the Pre3 much less the comparatively tiny-screened Pre/Pre2.

Kindle on any phone has certainly been a no-go so far; the suggestion has been that it depends on a feature of Enyo that only exists in webOS 3 (Enyo WebView). There seems to be little hope. In regards to Zinio and Audobon Birds, I don't know if anyone has tried them, so why don't you be the first? The worst that can happen is that they don't work so you uninstall them.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I have three Palm Profiles, with one (Profile1) for my TP and EU Pre3 shared with AUD purchased apps. But my AT&T Pre 3 (with Telstra SIM) and my unlocked NA Pre 2 (with Virgin SIM) have the other two Profiles (Profile2 and and Profile3) and have USA (not AUS) activation so I cannot buy apps with them.

My Christmas AT&T Veer (with global roaming SIM) went onto the TP Profile1 now with the EU Pre3 going into StopDeviceWipe mode with Impostah. Now that Tuckerbox is available I want to move my EU Pre3 AUD purchased apps to my AT&T Pre3 (Profile2) and my AT&T Veer. To do this all three have to go to Profile1 but only one phone is allowed at any time. The EU Pre3 I assume needs to be reactivated to install Tuckerbox first so its apps are registered in Tuckerbox before I start this process?

Registering all three profiles as one user seems the way to go.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    -- stupid --
    Last edited by Beninho; 01/07/2012 at 09:24 AM.
    I just downloaded and registered the App Tuckerbox on both my Touchpad and my pre-. This is my first time posting in the forums, so please forgive what may be a stupid question. All I'm interested in is getting my Amazon MP3 app on my Touchpad and I do not see it in any of the feeds. It isn't a great app, but it is easier to use than their web page and currently I download to my Pre and transfer to my Touchpad via computer (big pain). Any ideas on how I can accomplish this?

Jeff Haskins
    did you goto the prefs in preware after registering apptucker and selected "use apptuckerbox" and "ignore device compatability"?

manage feeds after this to make sure the palm cat etc are selected, should work fine after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    I do think that the primary practical use for App Tuckerbox is for getting older apps onto newer devices. Newer webOS devices naturally run older apps just fine and automatically adapt them to the larger screens (particularly PDK apps), but often the app's publisher has no interest in testing and supporting the app on newer devices when the number of devices is small and not growing.

Newer apps are either written to run on all devices and already appear in the app catalog for all the devices, or are written in such a way that they depend on features of a particular device or webOS version (TouchPad/webOS 3.0.x most often), and simply aren't going to work correctly on a small-screened phone with a lower webOS version.

So it's natural then that many Pre apps run great on the Pre3 and Touchpad, but thus far very few TouchPad apps really work right on the Pre3 much less the comparatively tiny-screened Pre/Pre2.

Kindle on any phone has certainly been a no-go so far; the suggestion has been that it depends on a feature of Enyo that only exists in webOS 3 (Enyo WebView). There seems to be little hope. In regards to Zinio and Audobon Birds, I don't know if anyone has tried them, so why don't you be the first? The worst that can happen is that they don't work so you uninstall them.
    I tried Audubon Birds, it downloaded 491MB, but then hangs. The installation took a while on my Touchpad, so I left it alone. After 3 hours, I gave up. Zinio will probably be difficult to read on the Pre 2 screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    I have three Palm Profiles, with one (Profile1) for my TP and EU Pre3 shared with AUD purchased apps. But my AT&T Pre 3 (with Telstra SIM) and my unlocked NA Pre 2 (with Virgin SIM) have the other two Profiles (Profile2 and and Profile3) and have USA (not AUS) activation so I cannot buy apps with them.

My Christmas AT&T Veer (with global roaming SIM) went onto the TP Profile1 now with the EU Pre3 going into StopDeviceWipe mode with Impostah. Now that Tuckerbox is available I want to move my EU Pre3 AUD purchased apps to my AT&T Pre3 (Profile2) and my AT&T Veer. To do this all three have to go to Profile1 but only one phone is allowed at any time. The EU Pre3 I assume needs to be reactivated to install Tuckerbox first so its apps are registered in Tuckerbox before I start this process?

Registering all three profiles as one user seems the way to go.
    If I am understanding you correctly... the profile doesn't have to be "reactivated" on a specific device, you just need to be using the profile that has purchased the apps on the device you want it on.

For example, I have purchased apps on TP, Oringinal Pre, Veer, Pre2, and Pre3.... as long as that profile is being used on whatever device, apptuckerbox will work, you don't have to go back to the device of purchase at all.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I installed AppTuckerBox (awsome, by the way) on my Pre3 when it was Beta. At that time there were some instructions about uninstalling Preware, and I think there was a console command I had to run, before re-installing Preware.

Is this still applicable? I don't see anything in the installation docs about this step.

The reason I ask, is after the general release, I installed AppTuckerBox on my Touchpad. The app set the Preware feeds to include Palm catalog, etc. And I set the prefs to allow me to see apps not specifically compatible with my app.

On my Pre3 I can see "NDrive", but not on the TP? I rebooted after installing ATB. Is there a missing step?
    Kookaroo, the Roku remote for webOS
    Amtrak Commuter, Check your Train schedule
    GPortal Google shortcuts for Google Plus, Google Voice, Google Tasks and other Google Services
    SiteStatus and SiteStatusPro website monitoring tools for webOS
    Hi Guys
    is there any chance to implement a search function into the Preware made for Pre 3? Thanks
    Thanks for this program OP. I just installed it and it allowed me to install MYCOKE REWARDS app on my Pre3. I have been missing this for weeks now.

The app worked on my PRE+ and Touchpad but would not download to the Pre3 even though it said it was 2.0 compatable with the Pre2.

Thanks again
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    feeds seem to load but apps from app catalog do not show. Att pre+ 2.1. Anything I might be missing?
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    After downloading this app, I came across a problem. When turning one the three feeds, my Palm Pre Plus on AT&T would either restart or get to the Complete! page. I have only been able to get Preware to work once with all three Feeds one. This only happens when Palm-Catalog Feed is on. If I turn it off it does not restart or get stuck on the Complete! page. Any idea why the Palm-Catalog Feed is not working?
    Quote Originally Posted by jbennett View Post
    Rod,

I had no trouble getting App Tuckerbox itself running and registered successfully, but I'm having a problem with the feeds not showing up in Preware.

The palm-beta, palm-catalog and palm-web feeds are all present and enabled in Preware's configuration, and I can see them being downloaded and subsequently loaded during a feed update. However, when I go to Available Packages, and view by Feeds, those feeds don't show up in the list at all. Instead, I have 220 apps appear under "Unknown".

Any suggestions how I might fix this, or anything else I should check?

Thanks!

--John
    Same problem here on my pre+ and TP. My status is 'registration accepted'. Is there an approved status?
    if you click install on an app that is normally paid for and you have never purchased before, will it buy that app or prevent you from doing so. I'm too scared to install new apps directly from it, I check its website page first to see its not paid. Also the new coins tab includes free apps too for some reason. Can you add prices to each app in preware
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Same problem here on my pre+ and TP. My status is 'registration accepted'. Is there an approved status?
    I had this as well. Preware was open when i ran the approval on Tuckerbox. I ended up re-launching preware, and re-loading the feeds. worked the second time.
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast