Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Yeah I don't use it on phone except to rarely view a file (maybe 2 or 3 times ever)
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    The cool thing to me is that, for most part, it works. The extra features don't work, like editing or printing. Oh well. I'm more likely to use SmartOffice anyway.

Another app that I've wanted, YouView, that wasn't available in the TP app catalog, works very nicely on the TP, thanks to App Tuckerbox - I like having the options!
    Angry Birds Rio (not HD, the phone version) works perfectly on the TouchPad. Having already paid for it once, I was not inclined to buy the same game again just for the privilege of playing it on the touchpad (particularly given that Rovio has abandoned webOS). The graphics are scaled of course, but not much... It appears to use the Pre3 graphics and aspect ratio.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    Angry Birds Rio (not HD, the phone version) works perfectly on the TouchPad. Having already paid for it once, I was not inclined to buy the same game again just for the privilege of playing it on the touchpad (particularly given that Rovio has abandoned webOS). The graphics are scaled of course, but not much... It appears to use the Pre3 graphics and aspect ratio.
    Does that not download without TuckerBox any more? The non-HD version used to download with TP setup.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    No, the non-hd version of Rio only shows up for the phones now. The old 1.0 version with just the first two levels was in the TP app catalog, and you could play it but it had big graphics problems. Then when they updated it with the next 4 levels (v1.3.2) and made it hd on the pre3, they took it away on the TouchPad. Yet that update made it work just fine on the TouchPad too!
    Should really record more but heres some touchpad apps working on the pre3 but in the wrong orientation, if we could somehow force orientation they would work perfectly.

This just shows Bugs Village and Gun Brothers but many more do the same, work but are portrait and largly unuseable when squashed, any legends out there know how to force rotate a pdk app?

I had more screenshots of others but they ended up a garbaged mess after taking a snapshot.

so far heaps of Hexage HD/Touchpad games all work and scale perfectly on the pre3 (and end up the correct orientation on pre3 or touchpad), Robotek, Evac, Radiant etc, i dont know why they dont advertise them for the pre3 but they work flawlessly, only thing i havent been able to do is buy stuff in-app on robotek but thats far from bad.

NOTE: Several games from "Big Fish Games Inc" a lot of their games seemingly scale and work perfectly, (Serpent of isis ends up portrait instead of landscape tho) been playing some of their touchpad puzzly games like Azada on my pre3 as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by geekpeter; 12/24/2011 at 04:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    i personally just didnt take any risks considering were using apptucker to deliberatly ignore device restrictions and most apps i have for phone or Touchpad have differing names even if slightly, whereas this particular mentioned app has an identical name on both.

Your probably right but i was just playing it safe just incase as i wasnt sure if things went south how to rectify it afterwards, again tho its no big deal for me, i dont use that app on either device atm so coudl afford to ignore it.
    You can just delete the quick office app off the pre 3 .. It will reinstall itself after restart.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    So, what does this tweet mean?

The 50 app limit will be waived for all devices registered at the end of Christmas day worldwide. Merry Christmas everyone!
    Does it mean AFTER Christmas, the app limit will be no more, or ON Christmas, the app limit will be temporarily lifted? I can't seem to register today, Christmas, so, I guess it is the former?
    It means if you hit the "REGISTER" button, before the end of Christmas, it'll save your registration, and then it'll be approved whenever they go through and approve those.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    It means if you hit the "REGISTER" button, before the end of Christmas, it'll save your registration, and then it'll be approved whenever they go through and approve those.
    Ah, so approval is not automatic? OK. I've hit register, now I just sit and wait?

[edit] A bit of waiting worked. Looks like I am all good.
    Last edited by marysm; 12/25/2011 at 07:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Hoping lasts a bit later, since they celebrate longer in some places of the world? It worked great with my Frankenpre and Touchpad, but Santa was really, really nice this year (ATT 4G Touchpad, plus other stuff of greater legend). Still updating/installing stuff ... Hoping to get it registered this afternoon, we'll see.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    wow ka1 looks like you got a few present, judging from you sig vs your post
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Is this the proper location to post beta test comments, or simply for the administration. Let me know if I've mis-posted and I'll move the comments.

Some comments:
    - I have a profile recently moved from a Pre 2 (GSM dev device) to a Pre 3 (AT&T 16 gb) - this profile is not used on a TouchPad. Knowing that some of my apps would work, but wouldn't appear in the Pre 3 catalog, I saved the ipks of those apps first. Having just updated both devices to 2.2.4, I realized to my dismay that even on the Pre 2, I wasn't able to re-download (and intercept) some of those apps: one such was H.A.W.X.
    - I installed App Tuckerbox following the wiki, and my >50 paid apps made the registration go through without a hitch, hitting the green "I totally understand" button until the registration was done. I switch on all three palm- feeds and turned off compatibility: from around 7838 available apps, I now had 10222 more to choose from.
    - Goofily enough, I updated QuickOffice to HD by accident. Following advice above, I've deleted it and will restart the device later.

Rod, that "compatible" switch is dangerous, which is why you probably made the pop-up warning when someone chooses to install an app that hasn't been listed as compatible. I would recommend that you use a similar mechanism for updates. As noted above, if "ignore device compat" is on, an app like Quick Office won't show that it's the "HD" version.

Can you also use an option similar to the "update feeds", whereby if the last instance of Preware had "ignore" set to "yes", the user will be promted to "continue to ignore?" so that idiots like me won't just see "package updates" and just go "update all".
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    wow ka1 looks like you got a few present, judging from you sig vs your post
    Yes, Santa was very good to me, though I didn't get an ATT Pre3, which is what I really wanted. I didn't manage to get all the devices set up, so wasn't able to register the two newer touchpads with App Tuckerbox... Will try tonight.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Rod,
    What do you think of starting a new thread?
    - maintain this one for all feedback concerning the use of App Tuckerbox in Preware feeds
    - create another for experiences with cross-device/non-compatible installations (for example, I just installed the "Adobe Reader" Enyo app (for the TouchPad) on a Pre 3, and it functions a hell of a lot better than the "PDF View" app on phones. I've had one crash already (bit of a memory hog), and the right-half of the toolbar is missing in portrait mode, but all else is great (thumbnail view, fullscreen view without needing a patch...). I have questions such as the feasability of the PDF Enhancement Bundle ipk on my phone...but I don't want to pollute your beta feedback thread.

Edit: Actually, I imagine people will be doing a lot of Touchpad/Enyo app installations on webOS phones...leading to modifications to make them more compatible with the small screen. How about a whole new sub-forum for Cross-device Installations?
    Last edited by Goyena; 12/28/2011 at 02:13 AM.
    geekpeter likes this.
  16.    #96  
    The App Tuckerbox beta testing app limit has now been reduced to 20 purchased apps.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Rod,

I had no trouble getting App Tuckerbox itself running and registered successfully, but I'm having a problem with the feeds not showing up in Preware.

The palm-beta, palm-catalog and palm-web feeds are all present and enabled in Preware's configuration, and I can see them being downloaded and subsequently loaded during a feed update. However, when I go to Available Packages, and view by Feeds, those feeds don't show up in the list at all. Instead, I have 220 apps appear under "Unknown".

Any suggestions how I might fix this, or anything else I should check?

Thanks!

--John
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Now using Kindle beta on Touchpad, thanks to App Tuckerbox relaxation of geo restriction. (Seems not to scale down on Pre 3.)
    Asphalt 5 and Real Tennis work fine on the TouchPad. I previously reported Asphalt 5 works fine on the Pre3 also, and while I haven't tested it, I suspect Real Tennis works on the Pre3 as well. The D-Pad for Real Tennis is a little bigger than one might like on the TouchPad, but I got used to it fairly easily (though I still suck at the game, just the same as I did on the Pre+).

Gameloft seems to have a lot of games tagged Pre/Pre2 or even just Pre that work fine on the newer devices. Some of them have been updated recently as well yet retain the Pre or Pre/2 restriction. I'm not sure why they're restricting their apps like this, unless they have new HD versions of all these apps coming soon so they don't want people buying the older versions for their TouchPad... I doubt that's the case though.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dafyddg View Post
    Now using Kindle beta on Touchpad, thanks to App Tuckerbox relaxation of geo restriction. (Seems not to scale down on Pre 3.)
    I've installed and tried to use both Kindle Betas in the Tuckerbox-enabled feeds: 0.11.499820 and 0.10.486564, but I can't get further than the login.

To make it scale down, have you tried modifying index.html with the viewport meta tag?
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast