Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 317
Like Tree30Likes
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    ...imagine getting part-way through a level on your TouchPad, and then completing the level on your phone, and then going back to the TouchPad for the next level ...

    -- Rod
    Great idea!

    This is similar to DirecTV's popular Whole Home DVR service that allows you to continue to watch a recording when you change rooms.


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I see pandas.
  2. T-Pad's Avatar
    Posts
    327 Posts
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    #62  
    just one more question regarding the bought application limit:
    I assume I'll have to buy all applications on one device, i.e. if I buy 30 TouchPad only apps and 30 Pre3 only apps on my phone I'll not qualify?

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post
    just one more question regarding the bought application limit:
    I assume I'll have to buy all applications on one device, i.e. if I buy 30 TouchPad only apps and 30 Pre3 only apps on my phone I'll not qualify?
    If it's the same Palm Profile email address, it will qualify.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4. #64  
    This is so cool. I just downloaded 'zinio' to my Pre3 and it works. Granted, it's not very practical to actually read magazines, that have been formatted for the TouchPad, on a Pre3. But, just being able to do this is really nice.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  5. #65  
    This app is great, allows me to install Skype on my ATT pre3 in Australia

    so Handy

    Cheers Hewball
  6.    #66  
    As an early Christmas present, I have manually set all currently registered devices to "approved", regardless of number of apps.

    This is a one-time action, normal beta testing limits still apply from this point forward.

    Thanks to all the beta testers so far - it would be great if you could give your success (or otherwise) stories in this thread.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7. #67  
    That seems like a nice thing to do, but what does that say to those of us who didn't qualify according to the rules and therefore didn't attempt to register a device? ie, me? So those who knew full well they didn't have enough apps tried to register anyway, and have been rewarded with access while those who followed the rules get nothing. I guess that's what waiting patiently gets me.
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    That seems like a nice thing to do, but what does that say to those of us who didn't qualify according to the rules and therefore didn't attempt to register a device? ie, me? So those who knew full well they didn't have enough apps tried to register anyway, and have been rewarded with access while those who followed the rules get nothing. I guess that's what waiting patiently gets me.
    Well, register in the next couple of hours and you may get a nice surprise later ...

    In fact, I've decided I'll repeat the mass-approval of beta testers at various random times between now and Christmas day ...

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  9. #69  
    Doing that now. Thank You.

    edit: done on both Pre3 and TouchPad, looking forward to trying some apps. Funny, I'd had no need for the beta feeds before, though I knew exactly how to enable them.... somehow asking Preware to remove itself just now made me chuckle a little bit.
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 12/23/2011 at 01:54 AM.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    - it would be great if you could give your success (or otherwise) stories in this thread.

    -- Rod
    So far works very well on my Pre2.

    Here's a list of some Games fully working so far that I have tested ( on Pre2 ) :

    Sparkle HD
    Robotech HD
    Totemo HD
    Wild 'n Video Poker
    Atlantis Sky Patrol HD

    Working but wrong orientation :

    Galcon Fusion (semi squished)
    SuperSonic HD ( hold sideways during gamplay due to extra sensitive accelerometer )

    My Apps shows only Landscape images in both portrait and landscape:
    Days Till Christmas HD ( only part of image shows)
    Days Till New Year HD



    Question for you also, Some apps seem to be missing their metadata.json file is this intentional?

    Examples:
    Asphalt 6
    Glow Hockey HD
    Angry Birds Rio
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    Question for you also, Some apps seem to be missing their metadata.json file is this intentional?

    Examples:
    Asphalt 6
    Glow Hockey HD
    Angry Birds Rio
    Since the apps are downloaded directly from the HP servers by your device, that's not something I am able to answer.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Well, register in the next couple of hours and you may get a nice surprise later ...

    In fact, I've decided I'll repeat the mass-approval of beta testers at various random times between now and Christmas day ...

    -- Rod
    Looks like I will have to throw it on the wife's Pre2 after dinner tonight.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  13. #73  
    I can report that Asphalt 5 (intended for Pre/Pre2) works great on the Pre3. It's a little stuttery when getting started, almost like the game is too much for the Pre3 even though it's meant to run on a lowly Pre-, but once it gets going it runs just fine. I don't think Gameloft would be wrong at all to list this for the Pre3 too.

    I'll try Asphalt 6 on the Pre3 next, along with Asphalt 5 on the TouchPad.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    I can report that Asphalt 5 (intended for Pre/Pre2) works great on the Pre3. It's a little stuttery when getting started, almost like the game is too much for the Pre3 even though it's meant to run on a lowly Pre-, but once it gets going it runs just fine. I don't think Gameloft would be wrong at all to list this for the Pre3 too.

    I'll try Asphalt 6 on the Pre3 next, along with Asphalt 5 on the TouchPad.
    asphalt6 runs but doesnt scale so u cant access any menus etc, asphalt5 does idd work but as i hadnt bought it before i can only run the free version which i cant upgrade to full from their "Upgrade" button, it just takes me to the app cat and says "sorry not for you" and slaps me in the face.

    a few others seemingly run fine in so far as the opening menus such as Aftermath XHD, but crash shortly after loading part way into the game.

    Lots of thigns actually run but dont scale, even assassins creed HD for touchpad runs, bugs village, gun brothers, LOTR: Defense, 7Digital MP3 Music, TuneIn Radio (Touchpad), these all run on the pre3 but either dont scale or play squashed vertically instead of perfectly horizontally.

    Advanced browser actually works in every aspect except actually showing webpages, you just get blank white pages but the tabs work, bookmarks etc, its pretty nifty looking in landscape.
  15. #75  
    I got an update notification in Preware on my Pre 2 for QuickOffice - The TP version had the update available. I went ahead and let it update (accepting the risks). It works but doesn't scale and didn't really add editing. I can still use it to read docs. I suppose I could grab the QO file from the Dr. To reinstall the original, but it was worth a shot. I'm kind of curious if the update notification was expected behavior. . . ?
  16. #76  
    i didnt touch that update, wasnt sure if it was a proper update, beta update or mixed up touchpad/pre3 update.

    dont use it anyways so it can stay as is for the moment.
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    I got an update notification in Preware on my Pre 2 for QuickOffice - The TP version had the update available. I went ahead and let it update (accepting the risks). It works but doesn't scale and didn't really add editing. I can still use it to read docs. I suppose I could grab the QO file from the Dr. To reinstall the original, but it was worth a shot. I'm kind of curious if the update notification was expected behavior. . . ?
    If you prefer not to see device incompatible updates, just turn off the "Ignore Device Compatibility" option when you are not actively using it.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you prefer not to see device incompatible updates, just turn off the "Ignore Device Compatibility" option when you are not actively using it.

    -- Rod
    Actually, I really like it.
  19. #79  
    Shouldn't a TP specific app have a different app ID from a phone specific one and not show as an update?

    Similar how NFSU is in the TP app catalog, but if you bought phone version you still have to buy TP version.

    Or am I missing something?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  20. #80  
    i personally just didnt take any risks considering were using apptucker to deliberatly ignore device restrictions and most apps i have for phone or Touchpad have differing names even if slightly, whereas this particular mentioned app has an identical name on both.

    Your probably right but i was just playing it safe just incase as i wasnt sure if things went south how to rectify it afterwards, again tho its no big deal for me, i dont use that app on either device atm so coudl afford to ignore it.
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions