Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Or buy a 4.99 app.... just spent 8 ish myself, and I was a tester at the 100 app mark.

I would suggest, instead of finding the cheapest app, try and find an app from devs still supporting webOS, maybe one of them will be a 99 cent app... but support active devs first.

If anyone needs help I can name a few, and none of them are me.

hm. I wonder if preware homebrew documentation counts toward the 50 app number

btw rwhitby could you tell me if this tuckerbox would ever, maybe, eventually allow backups of save game files? I think it would be pretty cool to have those backedup, then after running webos doctor, to be able to restore back to where you had left off
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    Impostah say yes.
    99 apps... Cool. I'll keep supporting the active developers, and the homebrew community. Thanks guys!
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.

btw rwhitby could you tell me if this tuckerbox would ever, maybe, eventually allow backups of save game files? I think it would be pretty cool to have those backedup, then after running webos doctor, to be able to restore back to where you had left off
    Yes preware homebrew doc counts as 1...

for backups of game data Save/Restore
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    not sure I follow the second part vw
    Wow, it's pretty crazy how many Touchpad PDK games work perfectly on the Pre 3. So much better than all the pixelated stuff from the Pre/2.
    not sure I follow the second part vw
    there's an app in preware - save/restore, you can save game saves with that along with much more
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    oh ok, thanks
    i'll have to check that out
    Goodday all,

Would like to test, was at 44 apps, am now over 50 apps. But App Tuckerbox, still tells me in the status box that I need 50 apps to qualify..

Impostah tells me I have purchased enough. (55)

Just to be sure I will uninstall and reinstall.

(Edited: BTW: Purchase was more 8 hours ago)

Edit 2:

Reinstall did not do it, but dergister and register a new worked...

Now let's have a look in Preware...
    Last edited by horzel; 12/18/2011 at 12:10 PM.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    should it work on my pre- running 1.4.5? I get no connection when I try to register. Works great on touchpad thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    The issue is happening when Device Registration is attempted on my Pre (1.4.5 on Sprint). The error messages appears after "Complete Device Registration" is taped.
    This should now be fixed in version 1.0.1 in the beta-apps feed now.

Turns out that https certificate handling is completely different in 1.4.5 compared to 2.x and later. There is no way in 1.4.5 to install a new root certificate for authorising https secure transfers. Well, no official way

Version 1.0.1 should fix all known bugs. If it does not fix your issue, please report it again here.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    Goodday all,

Would like to test, was at 44 apps, am now over 50 apps. But App Tuckerbox, still tells me in the status box that I need 50 apps to qualify..

Impostah tells me I have purchased enough. (55)

Just to be sure I will uninstall and reinstall.

(Edited: BTW: Purchase was more 8 hours ago)

Edit 2:

Reinstall did not do it, but dergister and register a new worked...

Now let's have a look in Preware...
    Yes, at some point in the future I'll work out how to make it automatically check your number of apps again each time you ask to recheck, but for the moment you have found the correct action to take (deregister and reregister).

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  12.    #52  

PHD should have been the 1st app you purchased

As others have said, Save/Restore is the app for game save files, but I had a cunning thought the other day about a far-in-the-future roadmap item where game save files are automatically synced across your App Tuckerbox registrations ...

Imagine getting part-way through a level on your TouchPad, and then completing the level on your phone, and then going back to the TouchPad for the next level ...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    PHD should have been the 1st app you purchased

As others have said, Save/Restore is the app for game save files, but I had a cunning thought the other day about a far-in-the-future roadmap item where game save files are automatically synced across your App Tuckerbox registrations ...

Imagine getting part-way through a level on your TouchPad, and then completing the level on your phone, and then going back to the TouchPad for the next level ...

-- Rod
    That would be awesomeness incredibility for real!!! Looking forward to that, multiple devices to test on
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Just a quick question... Am I right in thinking that, if for example I own only a Pre3 and that's the only device linked to my profile, App Tuckerbox would only give me access to apps for the Pre3? So, if I wanted to use it to install Touchpad Enyo apps on my Pre3, I would need to own a Touchpad and have it linked to my profile?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    If they are paid apps, you would have to buy them on a Touchpad first. For free apps, you will be able to override device compatibility.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    now I just have to see if there's much point to having it on 1.4.5. I don't know that any of my touchpad apps will work. Gives easier access to beta apps anyway. Works fine btw.
    All, there is a crowdsourcing effort I'm heading up to catalog app compatibility on various devices via the use of App Tuckerbox. When testing apps on a non-native device, please take a few short seconds to log your results via a short form.

The links for both the form & the list are currently located in the discussion tab of the App Tuckerbox wiki (which you can find via App Tuckerbox in the help menu).

In the meantime, here's a quick shortcut:
    Application talk:AppTuckerbox - WebOS Internals

Thanks to everyone who has already contributed!
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    This should now be fixed in version 1.0.1 in the beta-apps feed now.

Turns out that https certificate handling is completely different in 1.4.5 compared to 2.x and later. There is no way in 1.4.5 to install a new root certificate for authorising https secure transfers. Well, no official way

Version 1.0.1 should fix all known bugs. If it does not fix your issue, please report it again here.

-- Rod
    I can confirm that the issue appears to be fixed. Registration and test installation of a free app from an overseas catalog worked fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    If they are paid apps, you would have to buy them on a Touchpad first. For free apps, you will be able to override device compatibility.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Thanks for the answer, I was hoping this would be the case. It was reading the "Your apps on your devices" tag made me think it might just allow apps I could already access one way or another to be installed on other devices. Glad to hear it's not limited in that way. Really looking forward to the public release.
    Any chance the threshold might be lowered sometime soon to say... 35 apps? I'm at 34 now, just bought NOVA 2, and am eyeing 1 or 2 others but certainly not 16 more. Pretty please?

edit: also, anyone tried the phone version of Angry Birds Rio on the TouchPad?
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 12/19/2011 at 02:37 PM.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast