Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    I get status:0
    error: no_connection
    reaon:undefined

phone has network time set to on, seems tokeep time fine, preset reset even corrects it's decimal places
    Can you run Lumberjack and see if any errors are reported during that period?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2.    #22  
    Just to make sure expectations are set correctly:

The next few weeks will be about making sure the app is solid, that registrations work in all eligible cases, and the infrastructure is solid and optimised.

Then I'll look at some of the roadmap items (e.g. personalised paid app feeds, notification to the registration approval process that you've purchased some more apps to get over the limit, etc).

At this point I don't expect lowering the paid app limit before the end of the year. 250+ beta testers so far and growing ... want to make sure we have the correct infrastructure in place to support tens of thousands of users.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Preware -> Impostah -> App Catalog -> Show Purchased Apps

-- Rod
    Thank you, unfortunately there're still a lot of apps to buy for qualifying :/

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post
    Thank you, unfortunately there're still a lot of apps to buy for qualifying :/
    Yep, that's intentional. We wanted less than 500 beta testers to start with - we're halfway there already after a day, so it won't be going any lower until we're ready for 5000 users.

-- Rod
    Regarding Feature # 4 Install your previously purchased Apps on all of your devices

I am assuming this doesn't currently allow you download your paid apps onto more than one phone, for instance if I have a Pre and a Pre2 ?

Just like if you have two touchpads you can download the same app onto both.

Is this correct or am I missing something on how to do that?
    Last edited by djgardn2; 12/17/2011 at 01:06 AM.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    Regarding Feature # 4 Install your previously purchased Apps on all of your devices

I am assuming this doesn't currently allow you download your paid apps onto more than one phone, for instance if I have a Pre and a Pre2 ?

Just like if you have two touchpads you can download the same app onto both.

Is this correct or am I missing something on how to do that?
    App Tuckerbox allows you to install your apps from your profile onto any webOS device which is registered with that profile. By default, you can only have one phone registered on your profile at a time. However, you may like to investigate Impostah and StopDeviceWipe.

-- Rod
    thinking I may play with stop device wipe, once I get the backup pre2 on 2.2.4 for the wife. Then I can use her current pre2 and a veer to play with this... Really don't want to wipe my Pre3 until I have plaid with the stop wipe
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Can you run Lumberjack and see if any errors are reported during that period?

-- Rod
    for some reason lumberjack won't give me a log. Maybe cause it won't complete the rgistration?
    for some reason lumberjack won't give me a log. Maybe cause it won't complete the rgistration?
    does this tell you anything? Is it the clock? Don't know how many thing might actually work on the old pre anyway.

2011-12-17 17:01:49] (freeTether) Error: DESTROY REQUEST
    [2011-12-17 17:04:26] (freeTether) Error: MainAssistant#cleaup
    [2011-12-17 17:04:26] (freeTether) Error: StageAssistant#cleaup
    [2011-12-17 17:14:39] (Clock) Error: launching for update
    [2011-12-17 17:17:20] (Clock) Error: launching for update
    [2011-12-17 17:18:22] (Web) Error: Ignoring keyCode 57575
    [2011-12-17 17:19:06] (Web) Error: Ignoring keyCode 57575
    [2011-12-17 17:19:15] (Web) Error: Ignoring keyCode 57575
    [2011-12-17 17:19:42] (Web) Error: Ignoring keyCode 57575
    [2011-12-17 17:20:22] (Lumberjack) Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'style' of undefined
    [2011-12-17 17:20:59] (Web) Error: Ignoring keyCode 57575
    [2011-12-17 17:21:03] (com.palm.launcher) Error: animateWithTimer: 103
    [2011-12-17 17:22:22] (com.palm.launcher) Error: animateWithTimer: 103

all applications log.
    Last edited by joedisaster; 12/17/2011 at 03:52 PM.
    gotta say, loving the fact that i can now play RoboTek HD, from my touchpad on my pre3 and it runs perfectly, plenty more to try, tucker has installed/ran perfectly on my tpad/pre3, i was expecting more issues tbh but its been plain sailing all the way so far.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 12/17/2011 at 05:37 PM.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Darn, 49 paid apps! I guess I should spend another $0.99! LOL
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    gotta say, loving the fact that i can now play RoboTek HD, from my touchpad on my pre3 and it runs perfectly, plenty more to try, tucker has installed/ran perfectly on my tpad/pre3 perfectly, i was expecting more issues tbh but its been plain sailing all the way so far.
    It might be worth dropping a line to the devs, when you find apps that work perfectly on devices that they are not currently flagged for, perhaps they can issue updates to the support list. More customers for them = more incentive for them to develop for us, right?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    It might be worth dropping a line to the devs, when you find apps that work perfectly on devices that they are not currently flagged for, perhaps they can issue updates to the support list. More customers for them = more incentive for them to develop for us, right?
    good points, youd have thought they would know already tho, still its worth a shot, atm trying touchpad only stuff on the pre3 and the other way, its amazing what works, some work but just need an orientation change or a simple resize etc.

Some seem to work but crash shortly after, so far tho all the phone only stuff i had works fine on the touchpad, got N.O.V.A 1 back on tpad, same as Blades of Fury, Mini Squadron, and some of the gameloft FPS's to name but a few.

Supersonic HD ran on the pre3 perfectly, just the orientations the wrong way round so the menus are all cramped in portrait, gonna try pretty much everything i have to see if more will transition over to the other devices.

Could be handy having a post somewhere to inform what will definatly work with zero issues or will work with some minor after install modifications.

i notice theres WAY more apps listing that we could potentially try on the pre3 or touchpad, but as their flagged for the pre/pre2 only etc i cant buy them from th app store using a pre3/touchpad to see if they work afterwards, i did want to see if the phone splashtop app would work for instance.

was amusing seeing stuff liek graphite run on the phone but ofc was far too big/didnt scale down to see wth im doing, Advanced Browser ran on pre3, but the normal ones not too bad anyways.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 12/17/2011 at 04:24 PM.
    love having access to these web and beta feed apps again. A few things I got working on my touchpad: zopp lite, chess.com, 8tracks v2, ancient pond (no prefs) these are all emulator but functional. (ancient pond is almost fullscreen, but no dropdown menu)
    Last edited by joedisaster; 12/17/2011 at 04:00 PM.
    geekpeter,
    I had Supersonic HD on one of my phones, but I think it got deleted when I doctored them all a while back. I think it already lists the phones as supported.

Developers likely don't have access to all devices to try them out on, or may be unwilling to support for devices that they can't physically test. But it doesn't hurt to point it out to them!
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    and boxclient.net which I bought for my pre. It allows streaming...
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    geekpeter,
    I had Supersonic HD on one of my phones, but I think it got deleted when I doctored them all a while back. I think it already lists the phones as supported.

Developers likely don't have access to all devices to try them out on, or may be unwilling to support for devices that they can't physically test. But it doesn't hurt to point it out to them!
    yeah i saw about 4 different versions of supersonic inc the "made for phones" versions, i just meant the touchpad HD version ran on the pre3.
    Ok i am part of beta testing group

Thanks
    Palm Pre- Unlocked O2 Germany
    Palm Pre 2 Unlocked UK
    HP Pre 3 Unlocked Fr
    HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi US
    Quote Originally Posted by jaltman View Post
    Darn, 49 paid apps! I guess I should spend another $0.99! LOL
    Or buy a 4.99 app.... just spent 8 ish myself, and I was a tester at the 100 app mark.

I would suggest, instead of finding the cheapest app, try and find an app from devs still supporting webOS, maybe one of them will be a 99 cent app... but support active devs first.

If anyone needs help I can name a few, and none of them are me.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    and boxclient.net which I bought for my pre. It allows streaming...
    Thanks! Great one to test. Works just fine.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast