Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516
Results 301 to 317 of 317
Like Tree30Likes
  1.    #301  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Any hope of an official comment ?
    App Tuckerbox has been taken offline permanently.

    We no longer have anyone with the spare time and effort to keep it running, and we're concerned about being responsible for the security of account tokens when things like Heartbleed (which we were not vulnerable to) seem to be happening more often these days.

    -- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 04/23/2014 at 08:29 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. Gwidion's Avatar
    Posts
    215 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    #302  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    App Tuckerbox has been taken offline permanently.

    We no longer have anyone with the spare time and effort to keep it running, and we're concerned about being responsible for the security of account tokens when things like Heartbleed (which we were not vulnerable to) seem to be happening more often these days.

    -- Rod
    Ouch. Sad day for webOS
  3. #303  
    Thanks for the update Rod.

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities!
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/23/2014 at 11:44 AM.
  4. #304  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    App Tuckerbox has been taken offline permanently.
    Sad, but predictable. Thanks for the clarification, Rod.
  5. #305  
    Dead app list then....

    Is anyone interested in maintaining this (assuming it's possible.) ?

    My new profile pic: Vulture or Grim Reaper? Vote now!
  6. #306  
    Somehow missed out on this app tucker box. Does that mean I am gonna be unprepared for the apocalypse if they shut down the servers?
  7. #307  
    Not if you have installed the no delete IPK patch to save your apps and have been copying them off to your computer.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  8. #308  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Not if you have installed the no delete IPK patch to save your apps and have been copying them off to your computer.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I have the patch, I"ll comence a copying then. Thanks
  9. #309  
    I fear I don't have this patch instead. Any link to it ?
  10. MikeN68's Avatar
    Posts
    331 Posts
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    #310  
    Mazzinia check out this thread: [How To] Retain App IPKs from App Catalog
  11. #311  
    Thanks
  12. #312  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    App Tuckerbox has been taken offline permanently.

    We no longer have anyone with the spare time and effort to keep it running, and we're concerned about being responsible for the security of account tokens when things like Heartbleed (which we were not vulnerable to) seem to be happening more often these days.

    -- Rod
    Can I help? Can we PM?

    Thanks
    Vas
  13.    #313  
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Can I help? Can we PM?
    Sorry, but we have already deleted all the stored encrypted account tokens to ensure they would never be exposed unintentionally.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  14. #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Sorry, but we have already deleted all the stored encrypted account tokens to ensure they would never be exposed unintentionally.

    -- Rod
    Ok I understand...
    Unless we re-create the environment and users can re-submit?

    Vas
  15. #315  
    Re submitting would be automatic, I think (I got asked to submit tokens by the app).

    A very noobish question, if I may ( to Rod ) : what can the tokens be used for, if "leaked" ? Cloning a device and hearing/spying conversations on the original phone / recording passwords ?
  16. #316  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    Ouch. Sad day for webOS
    Sad day indeed... This explains a few things. And i just doctored my TP
  17. #317  
    yes, very sad

Posting Permissions