Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    403 on anything that I try to download. I just assumed it didn't work anymore. :|
    For Kindle App, Fuel and some others I can confirm this behavior, but not for all.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I've made further investigation. I'm not able to download touchpad Apps to my Pre3. Looks like hp has changed some things in AppCat, so that App Tuckerbox is not able to resolve. I've got 403 as answer. :-\
  3.    #283  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    I've made further investigation. I'm not able to download touchpad Apps to my Pre3. Looks like hp has changed some things in AppCat, so that App Tuckerbox is not able to resolve. I've got 403 as answer. :-\
    It seems that HP has closed the app incompatibility loophole. So if an app is not available for the target device, the content distribution system will 403 the request.

I'm wondering if this leaves any useful purpose for App Tuckerbox, or whether it's a death sentence.

Opinions?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It seems that HP has closed the app incompatibility loophole. So if an app is not available for the target device, the content distribution system will 403 the request.

I'm wondering if this leaves any useful purpose for App Tuckerbox, or whether it's a death sentence.

Opinions?

-- Rod
    Is chameleon an option? Otherwise, unless there is a way to spoof the server, it's not a good outlook.
  5.    #285  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Is chameleon an option? Otherwise, unless there is a way to spoof the server, it's not a good outlook.
    You could indeed use Impostah to log into your profile impersonating another device. But then you could use the app catalog directly, so no need for App Tuckerbox.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    577359 likes this.
    Hi Rod,

App Tuckerbox is still usefull for installing apps from a differnt locale/region!
  7.    #287  
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    Hi Rod,

App Tuckerbox is still usefull for installing apps from a differnt locale/region!
    OK, that's definitely reason enough to keep it going.

-- Rod
    Maybe we could somehow link App Tuckerbox and Impostah? So that when you want want to install an incompatible app it asks you which profile you wanna use to download that app?
    geekpeter likes this.
    -- Rod
    So they have the capacity to work out that mostly for them irrelevant loophole that made it possible to use the appcatalog on more devices, but are not getting around with new certificates to use the appcatalog as a whole any longer than july ?

I think there is a plan behind it: HP wants to STOP all webOS users from, using webOS
  10.    #290  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    So they have the capacity to work out that mostly for them irrelevant loophole that made it possible to use the appcatalog on more devices, but are not getting around with new certificates to use the appcatalog as a whole any longer than july ?

I think there is a plan behind it: HP wants to STOP all webOS users from, using webOS
    One could indeed interpret the actions in that way.

HP cloud services could argue that they are doing the app developers a favor by not allowing their apps to be installed on incompatible devices, which could increase the app developers support load.

However, I was always taught never to assume malice when incompetence is a sufficient explanation ...

-- Rod
  11.    #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Maybe we could somehow link App Tuckerbox and Impostah? So that when you want want to install an incompatible app it asks you which profile you wanna use to download that app?
    The source code is available for both ...

-- Rod
    One could indeed interpret the actions in that way.

HP cloud services could argue that they are doing the app developers a favor by not allowing their apps to be installed on incompatible devices, which could increase the app developers support load.

However, I was always taught never to assume malice when incompetence is a sufficient explanation ...

-- Rod
    i should have closed sarcastic tags after my posting

One can only shake the head on this webOS farce
    It looks as if there is an app tuckerbox server problem currently. After re-doctoring my Pre3 yesterday, re-installing app tuckerbox, and trying to re-register, I got the following error message:

"Registration Failed, Status:0, Error: no_connection, Reaon: undefined".

I tried a couple of times, the error persist.
    That's also causing some Preware feeds failed to be updated too.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZehHa View Post
    It looks as if there is an app tuckerbox server problem currently. After re-doctoring my Pre3 yesterday, re-installing app tuckerbox, and trying to re-register, I got the following error message:

"Registration Failed, Status:0, Error: no_connection, Reaon: undefined".

I tried a couple of times, the error persist.
    Me too.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Strange that seems to be no body else is experiencing this issue. The apptuckerbox.com isn't able to be accessed either.
    Considering App Tuckerbox hasn't worked in almost a year for incompatible devices, it's not a surprise. Are you trying to access apps from a different locale/country?
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    ZehHa, same thing has happened to me too, so it looks like new registrations are failing. This obviously won't affect existing registrations.

Oh bother!
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Are you trying to access apps from a different locale/country?
    Just trying to reach the whole bunch of apps and patches (app catalog, homebrew, patches, themes) from one spot. Indepently of country, device, and webOS version. Has been quite convenient using Preware for this purpose.

Rod said:
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    OK, that's definitely reason enough to keep it going.
    Looks like there has been a reason to leave this path.
    It's affecting existing registrations, too...

I installed and registered when it was released. Launched it today, it asked to be registered again, then fails
    Any hope of an official comment ?