Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    I checked how App Catalog sends off for app downloads (on the TouchPad), and it doesn't look all that complicated. All it did was add the auth token and nduid to the request header, and after that it's just like downloading any old file off the Internet. It shouldn't be any different for other devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    I checked how App Catalog sends off for app downloads (on the TouchPad), and it doesn't look all that complicated. All it did was add the auth token and nduid to the request header, and after that it's just like downloading any old file off the Internet. It shouldn't be any different for other devices.
    How would one discover the auth token and nduid in order to download an app file? Token and Unique ID strings from Impostah? Also, the command to request the file? I'd love to get all my apps onto something more reliable than HP servers.

EDIT: Further investigation and I found your retain ipk patch *THANKS*, so I'm trying that out. Still have to wait to see when we get access to old/incompatible apps via App Tuckerbox and Preware, but at least this patch will get me started. Cheers!
    Last edited by Antichulius; 03/07/2013 at 10:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antichulius View Post
    How would one discover the auth token and nduid in order to download an app file? Token and Unique ID strings from Impostah? Also, the command to request the file? I'd love to get all my apps onto something more reliable than HP servers.

EDIT: Further investigation and I found your retain ipk patch *THANKS*, so I'm trying that out. Still have to wait to see when we get access to old/incompatible apps via App Tuckerbox and Preware, but at least this patch will get me started. Cheers!
    Hallo,
    I have a similar problem. I can't download the O2 navigation App in Germany.
    To Download and running it on the Veer, i have to use App Tuckerbox, but here I become the same Failure. Can anybody help me?

lg Gameshacker
    Bump... wiped and reinstalled my Pre 3 today. Got the 403 error for both rbtwhiz's Fuel app and Feeds Free, both are free apps. I managed to get Fuel via UberAppCat, but not Feeds Free.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  5.    #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Bump... wiped and reinstalled my Pre 3 today. Got the 403 error for both rbtwhiz's Fuel app and Feeds Free, both are free apps. I managed to get Fuel via UberAppCat, but not Feeds Free.
    For the Fuel app, I have no problems installing it on my Touchpad using either the HP App Catalog, or using Preware and App Tuckerbox. Note that the app is marked as compatible with "Pre2, TouchPad, Pixi, Pre, Veer" - you should ask the author why they have not marked it compatible with the Pre3.

When I try and install Fuel on a Pre 3, I get the same 403 error as you do. So it seems that HP is now doing additional device compatibility checking on their content distribution network. Unfortunately, there's nothing that App Tuckerbox can do about that.

When I tell Preware to install Feeds Free from the HP App Catalog on a HP TouchPad, I get "This is not a valid HP webOS application". When I tell Preware to try and download it directly, I get the same 403 error.

This means that HP have removed that app from their distribution network. Since App Tuckerbox does not have the rights to redistribute apps without the original author's permission, it can only instruct Preware to download things that HP makes available for download on their servers. If HP remove the app from download availability, then Preware cannot download it.

So, regardles of whether the app is free or not, it's clear that the author has rescinded the availability of the app. You should contact the author and ask why they have taken such a step.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 05/06/2013 at 06:35 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6.    #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by PostPrePlus View Post
    I've had Preware adn App Tuckerbox installed on a verizon Pre3 for several months. Worked fine initially. For weeks now, however, I cannot access paid apps thru preware. I continue to get the following IPKG error message:

"Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -l --user-agent Preware --location --fail --show-error https://cdn.downloads.palm.com/apps/3111/files/com. () " where the parenthesis is a string referring to the target app.

The next line states:
    "curl: (22) the requested url returned error: 403"

I can purchase apps thru the HP app catalog, so I know that the profile info is correct and functioning.

I have "use app tuckerbox" enabled in preware, as well as "ignore device compatibility."

Can't isolate any patch or app install that coincided with onset of the problem
    It looks like HP have increased the device compatibility checking on their content distribution network. Unfortunately there is nothing App Tuckerbox can do about this.

A 403 means that HP is not going to serve that file up to your device.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Thanks for looking into it. Do you think contacting the author would have any results?
    @Rod: Why would HP increase the comptability on an OS they hardly develop anymore (and in this case for 1,5 year old devices)?
  9.    #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    @Rod: Why would HP increase the comptability on an OS they hardly develop anymore (and in this case for 1,5 year old devices)?
    Looks like it happened late last year.

Note that the cloud team has still been working at HP all that time. Who knows what they are doing and why...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    For the Fuel app, I have no problems installing it on my Touchpad using either the HP App Catalog, or using Preware and App Tuckerbox. Note that the app is marked as compatible with "Pre2, TouchPad, Pixi, Pre, Veer" - you should ask the author why they have not marked it compatible with the Pre3.

When I try and install Fuel on a Pre 3, I get the same 403 error as you do. So it seems that HP is now doing additional device compatibility checking on their content distribution network. Unfortunately, there's nothing that App Tuckerbox can do about that.

When I tell Preware to install Feeds Free from the HP App Catalog on a HP TouchPad, I get "This is not a valid HP webOS application". When I tell Preware to try and download it directly, I get the same 403 error.

This means that HP have removed that app from their distribution network. Since App Tuckerbox does not have the rights to redistribute apps without the original author's permission, it can only instruct Preware to download things that HP makes available for download on their servers. If HP remove the app from download availability, then Preware cannot download it.

So, regardles of whether the app is free or not, it's clear that the author has rescinded the availability of the app. You should contact the author and ask why they have taken such a step.

-- Rod
    For Fuel, I know why, it's because there's a serious display bug for the graphs. But since I don't use the graph just the statistics, so I carried on using it. As for Delicious Morsel, they haven't responded to anything at all, possibly even out of business, god knows what. But I've found their github, so I guess I'll try to compile my own, if I can get the SDK working...
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It looks like HP have increased the device compatibility checking on their content distribution network. Unfortunately there is nothing App Tuckerbox can do about this.

A 403 means that HP is not going to serve that file up to your device.

-- Rod
    Thanks for this explanation. Although I think that there are a large number (relative) of us that feel it's a bit of a "suck" that we can't at least test applications we paid for, on our devices. It's unfortunate, but this action on HPs part appears to break the purpose of "App Tuckerbox"
    Last edited by namgod; 05/23/2013 at 09:45 PM. Reason: more venting
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    For Fuel, I know why, it's because there's a serious display bug for the graphs. But since I don't use the graph just the statistics, so I carried on using it. As for Delicious Morsel, they haven't responded to anything at all, possibly even out of business, god knows what. But I've found their github, so I guess I'll try to compile my own, if I can get the SDK working...
    So does anyone know how to get Fuel installed? Or a way to export the data from it locally without a Google docs connection?

The version in the catalog (Which I have) is 0.9.21 which is missing a fix to allow it to export the data in Google docs. The only way I know to get 0.9.22 is through App Tuckerbox which is apparently no longer working. I have years worth of fuel mileage data in this app. I have some old exports but I'd like to recover my data at a minimum if I can.

I've looked at the developers website but the "Support" section doesn't appear to be loading and I see no email or contact info.

-Jeremy
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Is there any way to have the survival kit server (if such a thing exist) to be an alternate download source for a user's "paid for" apps when the app catalog refuses the download?
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    So does anyone know how to get Fuel installed?
    I've installed yesterday via AppCat on my Pre3 (german profile)
  15.    #275  
    Quote Originally Posted by namgod View Post
    Is there any way to have the survival kit server (if such a thing exist) to be an alternate download source for a user's "paid for" apps when the app catalog refuses the download?
    Technically, maybe. App Tuckerbox does not serve up apps, it only gives Preware the information to get apps from the HP servers.
    Legally, we would need explicit written approval from each individual copyright holder to do so. So that's unlikely to ever happen.

-- Rod
    I have to add myself to the number of Pre3 app tuckerbox error 403 victims. At first, I believed being this a problem of my new replacement Pre3. It's a 16 GB ATT one, impersonated to being used as a ROW EU model (Germany). Seems that it has been activated to US app catalog before, I changed the app catalog country via App Catalog Country Changer. So the local app catalog is working. But app tuckerbox is not.

As I learned just today, the app tuckerbox problem has nothing to do with my country changing.

Is app tuckerbox still working on the touchpads?
    Last edited by ZehHa; 06/02/2013 at 09:58 AM.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    I've installed yesterday via AppCat on my Pre3 (german profile)
    Ok, now it's clear. I've got the older one via AppCat and Preware know is showing the newer version via App tucker box. But Preware can't get it (the known 403 issue)
    I haven't been able to use tuckerbox in months on touchpad or on pre.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I haven't been able to use tuckerbox in months on touchpad or on pre.
    Why? Which kind of error? It runs for me like a charm. (TP & Pre3 & Veer)
    403 on anything that I try to download. I just assumed it didn't work anymore. :|
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: