webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  WebOS Internals > App Tuckerbox - Your Apps On Your Devices
App Tuckerbox - Your Apps On Your Devices
Like Tree30Likes

Old 01/30/2013, 03:37 PM   #241 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostPrePlus View Post
I've had Preware adn App Tuckerbox installed on a verizon Pre3 for several months. Worked fine initially. For weeks now, however, I cannot access paid apps thru preware. I continue to get the following IPKG error message:

"Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -l --user-agent Preware --location --fail --show-error https://cdn.downloads.palm.com/apps/3111/files/com. () " where the parenthesis is a string referring to the target app.

The next line states:
"curl: (22) the requested url returned error: 403"

I can purchase apps thru the HP app catalog, so I know that the profile info is correct and functioning.

I have "use app tuckerbox" enabled in preware, as well as "ignore device compatibility."

Can't isolate any patch or app install that coincided with onset of the problem
Same problem here on my Pre3, I've used App Tuckerbox in the past, no changes.....Rod??
Old 01/30/2013, 03:41 PM   #242 (permalink)

same.
Old 02/05/2013, 08:12 AM   #243 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I have the same issue with my new pre3.
Check out Paper Basketball Plus! A toss it / paper toss style game with achievements, timed mode, moving targets and more! Buy 1 app, use it on pixi / veer / pre / touchpad all in full resolution! It's neat. I swear. For reals.

http://bit.ly/moZYOq
tacroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/2013, 09:44 AM   #244 (permalink)

I tweeted Rod on @apptuckerbox (days ago) and @webosinternals (today). I checked the wiki and his timeline(s) - he doesn't appear to have abandoned webOS. Anybody know what's up?

Here's my list of unreachable and (previously) daily-used apps:
- Bahnfahren
- SierraPapa
- GameClock
- Guitar Reference
- Commander XX (for touchpad, but worked great on my Pre3)
- Touchpad's Acrobat Reader (ditto)
- DrPodder
Old 02/07/2013, 01:14 AM   #245 (permalink)

Same probs on my pre3

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
figgel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2013, 07:12 AM   #246 (permalink)

Re: tweeting Rod
It is not likely to succeed as app tuckerbox is separate and distinct from webos internals. If I tweeted (and I dont), it would need to be sent to @apptuckerbox per the instructions in post #1.
MudShark22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2013, 08:29 AM   #247 (permalink)

@MudShark22 Howdy - as posted, tweeting @apptuckerbox was the first thing I did. Actually, about the 15th thing, since I did google the ****e out the error message, doctoring multiple times, checking irc logs, screwing around with things I don't fully understand in Impostah, and even trying to hit up both legitimate and illicit sources in an attempt to recuperate the free and paid apps I can no longer access.

The remaining webOS infrastructure is crumbling, API's are changing...to survive I'm going to need more than a doctor: I should probably intercept the ipk's of all my paid apps. As a die-hard webOS fan, that's a pretty long task. :-(
Old 02/07/2013, 08:40 AM   #248 (permalink)

remember a lot of these devs are busy with irl stuff and the new open webOS ports etc.
Old 02/07/2013, 08:50 AM   #249 (permalink)

@Goyena
I am sorry, I should have been more specific as I was not intending to reference your post. I had noted @tentwentyseven had tweeted @webosinternals re: the situation.
MudShark22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2013, 09:48 AM   #250 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
remember a lot of these devs are busy with irl stuff and the new open webOS ports etc.
Too busy to reply, even to say "sorry, we are too busy right now" ??
I have no interest in open webOS.
Old 02/07/2013, 11:39 AM   #251 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncot View Post
maybe they do ?
Old 02/07/2013, 09:32 PM   #252 (permalink)

Quote:
Or busy with regular lives? Or just don't know yet?
Thanked By: Garrett92C
Old 02/07/2013, 10:22 PM   #253 (permalink)

403 Forbidden? If HP didn't update the app download mechanism, then something changed serverside. It's probably like their glitch with the backups. If you're not getting an error downloading App Tuckerbox feeds, then it's probably not App Tuckerbox's problem.

BTW, everything's working fine for TouchPad.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2013, 10:25 PM   #254 (permalink)
Developer

Quote:
As a matter of fact, yes. 17 consecutive days of working 10 to 12 hours in a foreign country to hit a customer delivery deadline for hardware/firmware integration.

App Tuckerbox comes a very far fourth or fifth after work, family and other things...

The servers I control are up and running and responding as far as I can tell. Perhaps something has changed on the HP side...

-- Rod
www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Last edited by rwhitby; 02/07/2013 at 10:47 PM.
rwhitby is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked by Goyena, dkirker, HelloNNNewman and 3 others like this.
Old 02/11/2013, 04:41 PM   #255 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
As a matter of fact, yes. 17 consecutive days of working 10 to 12 hours in a foreign country to hit a customer delivery deadline for hardware/firmware integration.
Hey! You sound like someone else I know. Me! Of a matter of fact... My body had synced its circadian rhythm to your timezone for a few days.
Old 02/13/2013, 02:58 AM   #256 (permalink)

Quote:

App Tuckerbox comes a very far fourth or fifth after work, family and other things...

The servers I control are up and running and responding as far as I can tell. Perhaps something has changed on the HP side...

-- Rod
Rod, it's not surprising to see that you are as invaluable elsewhere as you are to the webOS community.

If you (or any other forum visitor) are able, please simply let us know if there's anything that can be done so I can evaluate my options. I've exhausted what little I know trying to find a solution, doctoring time and time again, deleting devices from my online Palm Profile, messing with the country settings for Tuckerbox feeds and in Impostah. Pre3's in France have access to so few apps (even already purchased apps) without Tuckerbox-access.

Old 02/13/2013, 04:55 AM   #257 (permalink)
Developer

At this point it looks like a change to the authentication requirements at the HP server side of things. Working out what has changed and how to generate the correct new authentication is far beyond my available free time for the next few months.

-- Rod
rwhitby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/13/2013, 08:42 AM   #258 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
Rod, it's not surprising to see that you are as invaluable elsewhere as you are to the webOS community.

If you (or any other forum visitor) are able, please simply let us know if there's anything that can be done so I can evaluate my options. I've exhausted what little I know trying to find a solution, doctoring time and time again, deleting devices from my online Palm Profile, messing with the country settings for Tuckerbox feeds and in Impostah. Pre3's in France have access to so few apps (even already purchased apps) without Tuckerbox-access.

You can use GMMan's Catalog country changer to bypass the country restriction.
App Catalog Country Changer [PC]
and if you already have the app on one of your device, dont forget it's still possible to sideload it on your Preł
Vity Traff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/13/2013, 09:40 AM   #259 (permalink)

Quote:
At this point it looks like a change to the authentication requirements at the HP server side of things. Working out what has changed and how to generate the correct new authentication is far beyond my available free time for the next few months.
-- Rod
Rod, thanks for the perfect Batman answer: That was not the info I deserved (wah poor me yadda yadda), but the info I needed. At least now I know that I can write off these apps on my Pre3. Sigh - my unwilling move into Android land nigh approaches.

@Vity, thanks for the tip. I'll be able to get Bahnfahren 1.1.11 that way. Do you have a similar trick for an app I've already paid for (on a Pre2) which works fine on the Pre3 but isn't available in its catalog - the "Guitarist's Reference Pro". I swear I paid - I can send a screenshot of the Impostah in return for a grey-hatted favor if anyone has the ipk. (I'll erase this sentence if it offends.) In the meantime, I'll be over at that thread asking the dev if the app can be tweaked to load apps meant for other models.

Also, thanks to Rod for having reviewed the app Vity's referring to from GMMan. I'm still here, but god I'll miss this community.

@people with 403s: What model Pre do you have? After what event and when did you start receiving the 403 error?
Old 02/13/2013, 10:13 AM   #260 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goyena View Post

@Vity, thanks for the tip. I'll be able to get Bahnfahren 1.1.11 that way. Do you have a similar trick for an app I've already paid for (on a Pre2) which works fine on the Pre3 but isn't available in its catalog - the "Guitarist's Reference Pro". I swear I paid - I can send a screenshot of the Impostah in return for a grey-hatted favor if anyone has the ipk. (I'll erase this sentence if it offends.) In the meantime, I'll be over at that thread asking the dev if the app can be tweaked to load apps meant for other models.

Also, thanks to Rod for having reviewed the app Vity's referring to from GMMan. I'm still here, but god I'll miss this community.

@people with 403s: What model Pre do you have? After what event and when did you start receiving the 403 error?
If the app is installed on one of your device (Pre2, TP...), I may help
Vity Traff is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0