webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  WebOS Internals > App Tuckerbox - Your Apps On Your Devices
App Tuckerbox - Your Apps On Your Devices
Like Tree30Likes

Old 05/15/2012, 08:36 AM   #221 (permalink)

Last question, if I use stopdevicewipe on the Pre 2 and sign into the Pre with my main profile to buy the apps on the Pre, how do I get my profile back on the Pre 2? Then I can use App Tuckerbox to get them on the Pre 2.
broncot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/2012, 09:12 AM   #222 (permalink)
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncot View Post
Last question, if I use stopdevicewipe on the Pre 2 and sign into the Pre with my main profile to buy the apps on the Pre, how do I get my profile back on the Pre 2? Then I can use App Tuckerbox to get them on the Pre 2.
Use Impostah to move a device from one profile to another without wiping it.

-- Rod
www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
rwhitby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/2012, 10:28 AM   #223 (permalink)

so I can take and move a phone to a new profile without wiping it ? Really ? Are there any instructions in impostah or in the webOS internals app, maybe?
P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
shadavis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/2012, 10:58 AM   #224 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
so I can take and move a phone to a new profile without wiping it ? Really ? Are there any instructions in impostah or in the webOS internals app, maybe?
These are the instructions you are looking for:
StopDeviceWipe - WebOS Internals

Once completed, use Impostah to "sign in" to the stopdevicewiped item.
See case study here: Impostah
Old 05/15/2012, 11:12 AM   #225 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
These are the instructions you are looking for:
StopDeviceWipe - WebOS Internals

Once completed, use Impostah to "sign in" to the stopdevicewiped item.
See case study here: Impostah
thanks bud! Now what if I want to bring that device back to that profile just do the same thing to the other phone I guess lol?
P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
shadavis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/2012, 11:40 AM   #226 (permalink)

As I understand it, yes.
Old 05/15/2012, 12:44 PM   #227 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
thanks bud! Now what if I want to bring that device back to that profile just do the same thing to the other phone I guess lol?
Just keep in mind I have *heard* it doesn't always work. This was from experienced users, but could have been user error. I have never tried as I am lazy and don't want to setup my Pre3 again. Plus not much I can think of I want to purchase from other devices.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/2012, 01:37 PM   #228 (permalink)

I have installed Tuckerbox on my Touchpad but when I attempt to register the device I get the following error message:

Registration Failed
Status 0
Error: no_connection
Reason: undefined

I have a solid wifi connection which is working for other apps.

I would appreciate some help.

Thanks.
db4421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/10/2012, 01:32 AM   #229 (permalink)

App tuckerbox is stuck on registration submitted on my pre3??

Is there trouble on the server side or something?

Finally got the registration back from app tuckerbox and configured preware for my app catalog! Took a few days, but working well now.

Last edited by creepingmee; 06/12/2012 at 08:43 PM.
creepingmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/25/2012, 10:52 AM   #230 (permalink)

I've gone through the registration with App Tuckerbox and configured Preware feeds. I've checked the settings to use App Tuckerbox and ignore compatibility. When I update feeds, I see it download for the app cat and load it, but then preware doesn't actually list anything from it. Any ideas about what I've missed?

UPDATE: Reinstalling Preware and not using the old Save/Restore file did the trick. Must've been an old setting that was restored and caused the issue.

Last edited by Antichulius; 07/28/2012 at 02:09 AM.
Antichulius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/09/2012, 10:58 AM   #231 (permalink)

wondering if someone can help with app tuckerbox install on pre plus. I can't get past "Registration Submitted". Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

update - it took about 24 hours, but finally went through.

Last edited by greg90; 08/09/2012 at 09:23 PM.
greg90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/15/2012, 08:40 AM   #232 (permalink)

Hi,

30 hours ago I initiated the registration process; since then, every time I checked, I was still at the "Submitted" stage.

Just before checking in this forum whether this was normal, I tapped the "Check..." button one more time - and was requested to register!

I went through the process again, until an error box popped up, stating...

Registration Failed
Error: conflict
Reason: Document update conflict.

What's to be done? The same error message cropped up two or three times in this forum, but I couldn't find any answer to it.

Is it just "try, try again", or... what?

(German Pre+, 1.4.5, 244 bought apps)

Regards,

Jochen

EDIT: I'm now once again at the "Submitted" stage, after three "409"s.

What about the others who asked about this error message; did their registrations eventually go through?

EDIT 2: As of this morning I'm registered!

Last edited by Jochen K.; 08/16/2012 at 01:15 AM. Reason: new info
Jochen K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/15/2012, 11:10 PM   #233 (permalink)

I, too, am stuck at the submitted stage and have been for 3-4 days. I had been approved with my Pre+ but I changed to a Pre2 a few months ago. Tuckerbox transfered to the Pre2, but I don't recall if if I re-submitted before I upgraded to webOS 2.2.4 which is where I am now.

I'll keep checking & hope it'll go through unless someone has another suggestion.

update: approval came though last night. Thanks!

Last edited by toaste; 08/16/2012 at 09:27 AM. Reason: status update
toaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/15/2012, 11:35 PM   #234 (permalink)
Developer

Try again now.

-- Rod
www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
rwhitby is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: toaste
Old 09/07/2012, 01:57 AM   #235 (permalink)

Hello,
I've registered App Tuckerbox before with Pre+ and Veer. BoĤught a Touchpad and changed profile. Bought a Pre│ (same profile with TP) and tried registering it and it is stuck on "Registration Submitted". My Touchpad went through the registration process instantly and even installed some Pre apps onto it. I don't know why my Pre│ doesn't register. If my TP registered without any problem, my Pre│ should as well, right?
UPDATE: Great! My Pre│ got registered and already downloaded some apps recommended on this thread. Although, somebody mentioned Facebook Tablet on his Pre│ (which made me real interested on app tuckerbox -while now I comprehend its great reach-), but even though I've downloaded it, it's just stuck on endless glowing -or so- F logo at the beginning when launching the app. Can you or someone else please confirm to have FB Tablet version -shouldn't it be called Pad version, oh well- working?
Also read about someone updating the Quickoffice app to the Pad app. At first he says it doesn't work, but then either him or someone else says it does work and lets document editing on the Pre│. Again, can someone please confirm if it in fact works and its pros and cons?
Thank you in advance,

Last edited by ajguns; 09/08/2012 at 01:11 AM.
ajguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2012, 05:11 PM   #236 (permalink)

I've had Preware adn App Tuckerbox installed on a verizon Pre3 for several months. Worked fine initially. For weeks now, however, I cannot access paid apps thru preware. I continue to get the following IPKG error message:

"Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -l --user-agent Preware --location --fail --show-error https://cdn.downloads.palm.com/apps/3111/files/com. () " where the parenthesis is a string referring to the target app.

The next line states:
"curl: (22) the requested url returned error: 403"

I can purchase apps thru the HP app catalog, so I know that the profile info is correct and functioning.

I have "use app tuckerbox" enabled in preware, as well as "ignore device compatibility."

Can't isolate any patch or app install that coincided with onset of the problem
PostPrePlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2013, 05:11 PM   #237 (permalink)

@PrePostPlus
Samething just happened to me, after a Doctor. Did you find a solution?
I'm trying to update free apps, whose updates are only available through Tuckerbox feeds (I have a Pre3) like Game Clock or Bahnfahren. Also DrPodder and SierraPapa.
Old 01/22/2013, 11:00 AM   #238 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
@PrePostPlus
Samething just happened to me, after a Doctor. Did you find a solution?
I'm trying to update free apps, whose updates are only available through Tuckerbox feeds (I have a Pre3) like Game Clock or Bahnfahren. Also DrPodder and SierraPapa.
Bump. Anyone out there in webOS land that can help? I've been using AppTuckerbox ever since it came out, and this is the first such error I've encountered.
Old 01/24/2013, 05:15 PM   #239 (permalink)

I am having the same issue since I doctored my ATT Pre3 last week. I too have been a long time tuckerbox user and cannot understand what is going wrong. I saw others are having a similar issue from posts in other threads.

- Thomas
MudShark22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2013, 03:54 PM   #240 (permalink)

I tried on one of my wifi TPs and it does not work for free or paid apps.

- Thomas
MudShark22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0