Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by camiller View Post
    At any rate, I had purchased it but lost it after an involuntary hard reset. Just curious if app-tuckerbox will let me get it back.

Thanks Again!
    You should be able to search for it and install.
    Sorry, I apologize for being unclear. Finding and installing it I understand, although it was a bit of a challenge getting the entire "palm-catalog" feed to load in Preware on a Sprint Pre-.

What I was really after was is Angry Birds Seasons really incompatible with webOS 1.4.5? I am happy to say that so far it seems to work, I did get it downloaded and Save/Restore happily restored my previous progress. I didn't get a lot of time to test but I did play one level in one of the sets that were added after Rovio officially stopped providing updates for WebOS 1.4.5.

Thanks Again to the App Tuckerbox team!
    --Chris

Palm History:

Palm Personal => Palm Personal with Palm Pro upgrade card => Palm III => Palm IIIx => Palm IIIxe => Palm T|X => Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by camiller View Post
    Sorry, I apologize for being unclear.
    No worries, when you said curious if app-tuckerbox would let you get it back, thought you weren't sure on that part. Glad it appears to be working, all my 1.x devices are on new profiles.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Has anyone tried the Touchpad Picsel Smart Office on a phone?
    On my Pre3, the PSO for TP is not oriented correctly.
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Has anyone tried the Touchpad Picsel Smart Office on a phone?
    I did on my Veer. PSO crashed immediately after start.

Did anyone make Skype running on Veer with Apptuckerbox? I allways get an error message if i try to login.
    For some strange reason app tuckerbox doesn't show in preware on my touchpad, yet it shows and is installed happily on my veer.

Has anyone else come across this?
    I have standard feeds (no beta or alpha feeds) and they are all showing as on in preferences and all up to date but for some reason it cant find app tuckerbox, everything else seems to be there though.

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    For the people having problems getting the feeds to show up in Preware this is what I did to resolve the problem per Rod's post. This worked on my TP and Pre+. Hope this helps.

1) Remove any custom feeds
    2) Uninstall Preware
    3) Reboot
    4) Install Preware (I used WOSQI)
    5) Launch AppTuckerbox and make sure your registered and select to update Preware feeds
    6) Close AppTuckerbox and launch Preware
    Hi, excuse my bad english an stupid questions. i am new in touchpad and webos stuff.
    what means "Remove any custom feeds"?

I have this problems since the update to 3.0.5. Installed Preware an App Tuckerbox on 3.0.4 an all things went right. Had all feeds (palm-web, palm-beta, palm catalog ....) since the update i could not see palm-web, palm-beta, webos-patch, webos-kernels. In Preware all is "on" (with 3.0.4 it worked perfect). so i want to do, what you wrote, but wont make any mistakes ;-)

Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by h.schnier View Post
    Hi, excuse my bad english an stupid questions. i am new in touchpad and webos stuff.

I have this problems since the update to 3.0.5. Installed Preware an App Tuckerbox on 3.0.4 an all things went right. Had all feeds (palm-web, palm-beta, palm catalog ....) since the update i could not see palm-web, palm-beta, webos-patch, webos-kernels. In Preware all is "on" (with 3.0.4 it worked perfect). so i want to do, what you wrote, but wont make any mistakes ;-)

Thank you
    Custom feeds = feeds you added manually or which were added by apptuckerbox, e.g. such ones as the alpha and beta feeds from preware
    Quote Originally Posted by lephilwld View Post
    Custom feeds = feeds you added manually or which were added by apptuckerbox, e.g. such ones as the alpha and beta feeds from preware
    Hi, thank you, I thought as much. But how to remove them? Is it, to set these Feeds in Preware under "Manage Feeds" to "off"? Or have I do anything else?

Regards
    H.S.
    I finally got around to installing this on my Verizon Pre 2 and am having the same issues as on my TouchPad - App Tuckerbox installed, registered, confirmed, and added feeds to Preware, Preware _downloads_ the new feeds but never displays any of the apps in Available apps.

Is it possible there's something wrong with my profile? I use the same one on the phone & TouchPad. I just confirmed I can still buy apps. Is there anything particular I can look at - maybe with Impostah or contact HP support to check my profile?

Thanks for any help.
  11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by h.schnier View Post

Thank you
    palm-web and palm-beta are empty due to a formal developer complaint.

Patches and kernels need to be ported to each new webOS version.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

Patches and kernels need to be ported to each new webOS version.

-- Rod
    Hi Rod,

thank you for this information. I suppose, I then have to wait for further developments in both cases.

H.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    To you or to dev relations? (if you can divulge that) And any word on if this permanent?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    For the people having problems getting the feeds to show up in Preware this is what I did to resolve the problem per Rod's post. This worked on my TP and Pre+. Hope this helps.

1) Remove any custom feeds
    2) Uninstall Preware
    3) Reboot
    4) Install Preware (I used WOSQI)
    5) Launch AppTuckerbox and make sure your registered and select to update Preware feeds
    6) Close AppTuckerbox and launch Preware
    I also had to uninstall and reinstall Preware to get the results in Preware. This was after confirming the correct app versions, successfully going through the App Tuckerbox registration process, configuring Preware and seeing Preware download and process the App Catalog feed, but no additional results. I'm running a Pre- v1.4.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by EDgeofNJ View Post
    I also had to uninstall and reinstall Preware to get the results in Preware. This was after confirming the correct app versions, successfully going through the App Tuckerbox registration process, configuring Preware and seeing Preware download and process the App Catalog feed, but no additional results. I'm running a Pre- v1.4.5.
    Perhaps it was not Preware at all. From the App Tuckerbox documentation:

Loading the full palm-catalog feed on a Pre- or Pixi- with their limited memory will fail.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    I have noticed that not all new catalog apps are shown in Preware anymore. The latest app shown on my TouchPad is SkyOrb, but the app catalog is listing many other new apps which have been released or updated after SkyOrb. Any advice on this?
    Thanks
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Is it possible to make App Tuckerbox work in the webOS (3.0.5) emulator? I have already installed Preware and App Tuckerbox, but after starting App Tuckerbox the following message is shown when reading the device information:
    Quote Originally Posted by App Tuckerbox
    Location Host Not Found
    App Tuckerbox cannot retrieve the Location Host and is unable to operate in this condition. Please seek assistance.
    All I'd like to do is browsing HP's App Catalog on my PC. Is there a better way for this task? The search functionality on https://developer.palm.com is too limited for me.

Thanks
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
  18.    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post
    I have noticed that not all new catalog apps are shown in Preware anymore. The latest app shown on my TouchPad is SkyOrb, but the app catalog is listing many other new apps which have been released or updated after SkyOrb. Any advice on this?
    Thanks
    Yes, we're still sorting out the automatic update, so it's still a manual process at the moment.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Perhaps it was not Preware at all. From the App Tuckerbox documentation:
    thanks. i did see that in the documentation, but also saw that at least one other member has gotten it to work with his/her pre-. nevertheless, it works now with the preware reinstall. thanks for your concern.
    Glad you got it working!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast