I've had the TouchPad for about six weeks now, and thus far, I am very pleased with the overall performance of the device, particularly after installing the patches recommended by the WebOS community. I appreciate the advice given by members.

This afternoon I encountered the following error message while running Preware:

"Unable to open saved packages database: INVALID_STATE_ERR: DOM Exception 11"

The error message does not appear to be a fatal one as it still allows me to view Package Updates, Available Packages, Installed Packages, and List of Everything after I hit the OK button at the bottom of the screen. There was one item listed in the Package Update (WiFi TP FileBrowser/Uploader) and I was able to update it successfully.

I restarted and rebooted the device, but unfortunately, that did not fix the problem. Everything else appears to be working normally on the TP.

Questions:

1. Should I be concerned about this error message?
    2. Any recommendations on how to fix the error message?

Thanks for your help.
    open the preferences from top left and go into , saved package list . then try updaring the saved package list and see what happens .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    open the preferences from top left and go into , saved package list . then try updaring the saved package list and see what happens .
    Thanks for the quick reply, but unfortunately, the suggestion did not work. Upon hitting the update button, I see two messages flash quickly across the top of the screen (in the order listed below):

"Preware: Error writing Saved Package List"
    "Preware: Wrote Saved Package List"

I rebooted and encountered the same error message in Preware. I would appreciate other recommendations. Thanks.
    Try uninstalling/installing preware. You'll have to install it using webOS Quick install. After installing, update the feeds. If this still does not solve the problem, try EPR (the saved package, install package) suggested in previous suggestion. If still not fixed, you might have to resort to Dr. Good luck.
    This is a webOS 3.0.4 bug.

Uninstall and reinstall Preware.

There is no other solution.

-- Rod