1.    #1  
    I'm sorry if this is cover elsewhere but I need the help.

I have never doctored a phone before and really missed my pre. After it died this July I went android and didn't much like it so I have purchased a used Verizon Pre2 and Sprint Pre and attempted to follow the instructions on the webosinternals wiki.

I have completed step 15. However when I turn on the pre2 it reads Sprint in the upper left corner but attempts to activate on verizon.

Did I miss a step? What do I need to do?
    Did you doctor it with the metascript for verizon frankenpre2? If not surely thats the issue. Check the Wiki for Sprint FrankenPre2 Script.
  3.    #3  
    RyanCell, could you post a link to it. I think a doctored with the standard Pre 2. I searched the wiki for "Sprint FrankenPre2 Script" with no sucess.
    If you go to WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

At the bottom is a link to the specific script you need to run:
    WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

That should be the doctor you need to run. Let me know if it works...I am attempting to do my pre 2 today or tomorrow with an unlocked pre 2 Goodluck.
    Quote Originally Posted by touchpadjeff View Post
    RyanCell, could you post a link to it. I think a doctored with the standard Pre 2. I searched the wiki for "Sprint FrankenPre2 Script" with no sucess.
    See post above - but understand you cannot simply download the doctor you need. You have to download source doctors and then run Metadoctor with a script to compile a new doctor. This is required because the HP/Palm doctors are copywrited and cannot be distributed if modified. (This restriction may or may not be legit based on readings of FOSS license terms but let's leave that aside for now.)

In order to create your metadoctored doc you'll need linux - which you can load on your existing hardware in a dual boot option or other ways. DO NOT TRY TO USE CYGWIN - this method worked in the distant past but no longer works with current scripts.
    This is where I'm stuck - I'm not Linux-savvy enough to know how to get everything running in my Ubuntu partition! I've got Linux up and running, but can't get the metadoctor to live!
    Also worth noting...you said it was your dead pre since July...To make a Sprint Franken Pre 2 swap successful you must swap in an active comm board to the Pre 2 for it work that I am aware. If you swapped a dead Pre thats not longer active on Sprint into the Pre 2, you wont be able to activate it unless that Pre was currently on the network.
  8.    #8  
    thanks for the help. I ordered anothe used pre. activated it on Sprint and have now repeted the process. I now have voice but no 3g service. I just don't have the experience to complete the metadoctoring and could use some help.