Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I was in a Sprint store since I have 24 days left on my Pixi contract. And honestly my Pixi is about 2 months past its best used by date.

Of all the android phones the only one I liked was the Samsung Replenish™ (since it had a really QWERTY keyboard and no moving parts).

However the thing I don't like about it is it is running Andriod 2.1 YUCK! So my question is what is the likely hood of me pulling Andriod off it and building WebOS 1.45 onto it.

What skills will be needed... I have some experience in Linux and some internet security friends

thanks
    I don't know if this can be done, but I for one, would love to see webOS ported to other devices. A Samsung Galaxy S2 with webOS? ::drool::
    Quote Originally Posted by jckatz View Post
    I was in a Sprint store since I have 24 days left on my Pixi contract. And honestly my Pixi is about 2 months past its best used by date.

Of all the android phones the only one I liked was the Samsung Replenish™ (since it had a really QWERTY keyboard and no moving parts).

However the thing I don't like about it is it is running Andriod 2.1 YUCK! So my question is what is the likely hood of me pulling Andriod off it and building WebOS 1.45 onto it.

What skills will be needed... I have some experience in Linux and some internet security friends

thanks
    You're setting yourself up for failure by getting that phone.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I hate non physical keyboards and I prefer phones without moving parts. This limits me greaty when it comes to phone unless I want to go back to RIM...

Honestly Pixi was the perfect phone for my needs. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking. I broke two hard cases and if it wasn't for the mute button having a short I would still be 100% happy with it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Well first off you would need to talk HP/Palm into sending you the source code.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Quote Originally Posted by jckatz View Post
    I hate non physical keyboards and I prefer phones without moving parts. This limits me greaty when it comes to phone unless I want to go back to RIM...

Honestly Pixi was the perfect phone for my needs. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking. I broke two hard cases and if it wasn't for the mute button having a short I would still be 100% happy with it.

I don't think you understand how crap that phone is... But whatever makes you happy for the moment. You'll be sorry.
  7. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    you could always just buy another pixi on ebay
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    you could always just buy another pixi on ebay
    That might be the route I go. Wish there was a Sprint webos phone that wasn't two years old and 3 years out of date.

You could always buy a Pixi or Veer on Ebay.