webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  WebOS Internals > Tailor (On-Device Live Partition and Filesystem Editor) Beta Testing
Tailor (On-Device Live Partition and Filesystem Editor) Beta Testing
Like Tree16Likes

Old 07/14/2012, 08:33 PM   #121 (permalink)

as soon as i click unmount i get the active jail message then immediatly after i get the message....

Service Error (unmountPartition)
command failed: umount cant unmount /media/ext3fs: invalid argument

do i have something missing? would a reinstall of tailor/anything else fix this?

cheers.

edit: looks like something OPT related interfering, removed some stuff and cleaned up the removal of cm9 properly with acmeuninstaller instead of manual removal and it seems fine now.

Last edited by geekpeter; 07/14/2012 at 08:58 PM.
geekpeter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07/16/2012, 04:00 PM   #122 (permalink)

Is there any way to get tailor now that the beta feeds are down? It really looks like a great app.
waskosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/16/2012, 06:14 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waskosky View Post
Is there any way to get tailor now that the beta feeds are down? It really looks like a great app.
I just refreshed the webosinternals beta feed and it worked for me. And Tailor is still there. Did not re-d/l the application as mine is working as intended.
MudShark22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/16/2012, 06:22 PM   #124 (permalink)
Developer

I'm not aware of any issues with the beta feed.

-- Rod
rwhitby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/18/2012, 12:50 AM   #125 (permalink)

Sorry if this is a stupid question or should go elsewhere, I was just assuming that the beta feed was the same as the "palm-beta" feed that now has only one entry stating "WebOS Internals has been formally notified by Richard Kerris (HP Vice President of Worldwide Developer Relations) that open access to the webOS app catalog feed (including the beta and web feeds) is no longer available to third party developers or applications..."

I've read the rules on Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals and followed the steps, and understand that we aren't supposed to post feed URLs, but I am mainly only seeing feeds in preware that point to the "ipkg.preware" location and when I browsed through the apache open directory at the "/feed" directory there I could not find any other beta feeds. Maybe someone could PM me the URL of the beta feed that currently has Tailor?

Thanks guys
Old 07/18/2012, 12:54 AM   #126 (permalink)
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waskosky View Post
Sorry if this is a stupid question or should go elsewhere, I was just assuming that the beta feed was the same as the "palm-beta" feed that now has only one entry stating "WebOS Internals has been formally notified by Richard Kerris (HP Vice President of Worldwide Developer Relations) that open access to the webOS app catalog feed (including the beta and web feeds) is no longer available to third party developers or applications..."

I've read the rules on Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals and followed the steps, and understand that we aren't supposed to post feed URLs, but I am mainly only seeing feeds in preware that point to the "ipkg.preware" location and when I browsed through the apache open directory at the "/feed" directory there I could not find any other beta feeds. Maybe someone could PM me the URL of the beta feed that currently has Tailor?

Thanks guys
The Palm feed which closed has nothing to do with the WebOS Internals homebrew beta feed.

Post a screenshot of your Manage Feeds page in Preware showing the results of following the steps at testing.preware.org ...

-- Rod
www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
rwhitby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/18/2012, 01:52 AM   #127 (permalink)

I got the right feeds finally, I just had to reinstall preware - I feel stupid for skipping that step. There are now 4 additional "beta" feeds in my "manage feeds" page.

Thanks!
Old 09/19/2012, 05:13 PM   #128 (permalink)

So, i was being retarted and accidently deleted the usb partition. My touchpad will boot into webos, but it is not recognized by my computer either in webos, or in the webos recovery, making it impossible for me to doctor it. Does anybody know a way to fix this and rebuild the usb partition, or just a way to make it talk to the computer so i can do a full wipe?
Cannamoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/20/2012, 03:15 AM   #129 (permalink)

I would think that doctoring would rebuild the usb partion if it doesn't exist - although I've never tried it. Since using a meta-doctor will allow changing the default size of the /var and /ext3fs partions, it just seems logical that the doctor checks the proper size of the partions.

Good Luck!
kayphoonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/2013, 07:28 AM   #130 (permalink)

Hi guys

I was trying to resize my USB partition after a recent "The application database is almost full" error. So I do not want to deal with that again....

However I am getting the following error "Command failed: mount: can't find /media/ext3fs in etc/fstab" when I am trying to mount the ext3 partition I just created.

Here are the steps I followed...

Start Tailor v0.3.0
Select Partition -> USB (media) selected
Unmount Partition
Check Filesystem
Resize USB (media) Partition -> 5000MiB
Check Filesystem
Select Activity -> Mount Partition
Select Partition -> Unused Space
Create Partition -> User (ext3) -> 600 MiB
Create Partition
Select Activity -> Mount Partition -> error

Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Thanks
Vas
VasTheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/2013, 08:33 AM   #131 (permalink)

check the 3 msin ubuntuchroot threads, they deal with the same issue, a line of text just needs added so tailor can mount it.
Old 02/21/2013, 08:42 AM   #132 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
check the 3 msin ubuntuchroot threads, they deal with the same issue, a line of text just needs added so tailor can mount it.
Many thanks...I guess you need to add the partition on a config and then Tailor will find it...
Makes sense

Many thanks
Vas
VasTheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/2013, 09:37 AM   #133 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
Many thanks...I guess you need to add the partition on a config and then Tailor will find it...
Makes sense

Many thanks
Vas
edit /etc/fstab

add in this line on the very end

/dev/mapper/store-ext3fs /media/ext3fs ext3 noatime,data=writeback 0 0

no reboot required, after saving the fstab, go back to tailor and your mount attempt should now work.
Old 02/25/2013, 11:02 AM   #134 (permalink)
tfj

Could you point me to the original Master Boot Record (with an intact partition table) that I presume
/dev/mapper/store-media had at some point? I'm trying to undelete a 'USB drive' directory, and the
missing partition info is a problem.

Thanks,

tfj
tfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/23/2014, 04:40 PM   #135 (permalink)

Read through this thread as still a bit perplexed as how to re-allocate room to the Android System partition.

I've installed Tailor, unmounted the USB (media) partition, Checked the File System, then resized it down 104 MiB to 12844. How do I add this to the Android System partition?

The "Select Partition" at the top only shows the USB (media) section, and the Unused Space of 104 MiB. I can tap the Unused Space at the top, then change the activity to "Create Partition", but what do I do to get this free space to the Android System area? Create Partition lists the four areas:

User (ext3)
Android (system)
Android (cache)
Android (data)

One stumped inexperienced user... I'm trying to up the room for a 4.x.x upgrade to possibly KitKat, and hit this roadblock. Most threads suggest upping to 512 or 600.

Help is much obliged!

WyreNut
Old 05/23/2014, 05:18 PM   #136 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyreNut View Post
Read through this thread as still a bit perplexed as how to re-allocate room to the Android System partition.

I've installed Tailor, unmounted the USB (media) partition, Checked the File System, then resized it down 104 MiB to 12844. How do I add this to the Android System partition?

The "Select Partition" at the top only shows the USB (media) section, and the Unused Space of 104 MiB. I can tap the Unused Space at the top, then change the activity to "Create Partition", but what do I do to get this free space to the Android System area? Create Partition lists the four areas:

User (ext3)
Android (system)
Android (cache)
Android (data)

One stumped inexperienced user... I'm trying to up the room for a 4.x.x upgrade to possibly KitKat, and hit this roadblock. Most threads suggest upping to 512 or 600.

Help is much obliged!

WyreNut
just as you resized one partition down, you just follow the same procedure with the android partition(s) but give them a larger size instead.

Will removing apps on WEBOS side free up memory on CM9 side?
^ old link to an old thread, i link a picture which shows a larger than usual android partition setup, i think my values are larger than the typical default unless things have changed since then.

but all i did was shrink my webOS partition, then upscale the android side, just by doing the same reallocate space method.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0