Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Whoops I resized USB Media partition but did not remount it.

I have access to the Linux command line through WOSQI.

Can someone please tell me how to remount USB media partition?

Thanks in advance.

edit: is it mount/media/usb?

edit2: never mind, fixed
    Last edited by bluenote; 05/17/2012 at 08:18 AM.
  2.    #102  
    Just reboot.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Just reboot.

-- Rod
    Thanks, everything else worked fine and successfully created and mounted ubuntu partition.
    This was the same TouchPad that had been used before so I don't know if this will help your beta testing
    since I did not use a new hardware device.
    In the last day or two, I've started getting the message "Application database getting full" on my HP Webos Pre3.

I have used Archive and Internalz to see which folders in my USB partition might have a large file(s).

However, my "device info" shows that I have 3.7GB available out of a total 8GB memory. Therefore I cannot understand why I'm getting the message "Application database getting full"?

I see my .palm folder has about 1GB, not sure what this folder is for.

Is the Application Database outside of the USB drive and therefore not accessible?

I read a forum page about using the Tailor app, in beta version, by Rod Whitby, or Meta Doctor, to investigate the data partitioning, but I cannot find either app in Apps, Preware nor Uberapp.

I've done my back-up and save/restore.
    I've also deleted photos and memos that are not essential.

Has anybody else experienced the above issue and managed to resolve it?

cheers
  5.    #105  
    Look for an install history database in the /var partition, your problem isn't in the usb partition.

-- Rod
    Look for an install history database in the /var partition, your problem isn't in the usb partition.

-- Rod
    Hi Rod

How does one "look" for the install history database in the /var partition?

Do I have to instal Internalz Pro or Tailor, the latter which I could not find in Preware or Apps catalog?

cheers
    Hi Rod
    Thanks, i will use Internalz Pro and follow Post 101 and see how it goes.

cheers
    Hi Rod

I downloaded Internalz Pro and followed instructions in Post 101 in forum thread "Not Enough Space to Download" after 3.0.4. The downloadhistory.db file was about 0.8MB and I moved it from "data" folder to "usb" partition.

However I also looked at the "/var" partition.

I have noticed some big files which I do not understand what they are and whether they are causing the Application database to get full too?

Large files:
    in /var/db/main:-
    indexes.db 32MB;
    objects.db 68MB;

I also found a file called installHistory.db but this is only 75KB - I doubt this is the culprit.

Are the two large files above the culprits?
    If so what should I do with them?

cheers
  9.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by NK_Newbury View Post
    Hi Rod

I downloaded Internalz Pro and followed instructions in Post 101 in forum thread "Not Enough Space to Download" after 3.0.4. The downloadhistory.db file was about 0.8MB and I moved it from "data" folder to "usb" partition.

However I also looked at the "/var" partition.

I have noticed some big files which I do not understand what they are and whether they are causing the Application database to get full too?

Large files:
    in /var/db/main:-
    indexes.db 32MB;
    objects.db 68MB;

I also found a file called installHistory.db but this is only 75KB - I doubt this is the culprit.

Are the two large files above the culprits?
    If so what should I do with them?

cheers
    /var/db is your DB8 database. Removing those two files would be pretty much equivalent to doctoring your device.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hi Rod

Thanks for your reply.
    As it happened my Pre 3 "crashed" and had to re-boot but thanks to Homebrew Save/Restore I managed to get back 99% after a couple of hours.

Anyway, what's the solution to prevent from happening again, since I have now noticed that there are new filenotify.db3 and downloadhistory.db files in /var/luna/data which grow in size with time and I wonder if these two are the cuplrits for Pre3 eventually running out of Application Database space?

Even if I move these to files to /Media/Internal, those two files get created again and continue to grow with time.

Any preventative action to be taken?

cheers
  11.    #112  
    Hi Rod

Thanks for your reply.
    As it happened my Pre 3 "crashed" and had to re-boot but thanks to Homebrew Save/Restore I managed to get back 99% after a couple of hours.

Anyway, what's the solution to prevent from happening again, since I have now noticed that there are new filenotify.db3 and downloadhistory.db files in /var/luna/data which grow in size with time and I wonder if these two are the cuplrits for Pre3 eventually running out of Application Database space?

Even if I move these to files to /Media/Internal, those two files get created again and continue to grow with time.

Any preventative action to be taken?

cheers
    I do not know of any way to stop that happening.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I do not know of any way to stop that happening.

-- Rod
    Hi Rod

No worries, thanks for your time and help along the way.
    Much appreciated.

cheers
    Hi

I have just noticed another file in var/db/ called log.0000000099 which is 2MB at the moment! I will keep an eye on this to see if it grows. I bet this is the culprit file causing the Application Database to get full on my Pre3 and to make it "crash and re-boot".

Anybody else reckon so????

What happens if this file is moved or deleted?

cheers
  14.    #115  
    Hi

I have just noticed another file in var/db/ called log.0000000099 which is 2MB at the moment! I will keep an eye on this to see if it grows. I bet this is the culprit file causing the Application Database to get full on my Pre3 and to make it "crash and re-boot".

Anybody else reckon so????

What happens if this file is moved or deleted?

cheers
    As I said before, /var/db is your DB8 database. Removing any files in there is pretty much equivalent to doctoring your device.

-- Rod
    As I said before, /var/db is your DB8 database. Removing any files in there is pretty much equivalent to doctoring your device.

-- Rod
    Post #104 of this thread - http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...st-full-6.html - states that there are two ways to increase the size of the var partition to prevent this from happening - one of which is using Tailor to do this. First question - does this actually fix this (at least delay it from occurring for a longer period of time). Second question - how do I increase the var partition size on Tailor. Have it downloaded but can't seem to find the var partition that needs to be resized.

Any assistance on this front would be greatly appreciated.
  16.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetruty View Post
    Post #104 of this thread - http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...st-full-6.html - states that there are two ways to increase the size of the var partition to prevent this from happening - one of which is using Tailor to do this.
    That is not the case. Tailor does not operate on the /var partition.

Perhaps someone is getting confused with the use case of Tailor creating an ext3 partition which can be used by Optware instead of /var.

In any case, /var/db is on a different partition to /var. See /etc/fstab for more details.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    I am trying to uninstall ubuntu and get back space in ext3 but I realised that the optware was also installed in ext3. What would be the best way to get back the space after ubuntu uninstall, retaining optware installation?
    im trying to resize/increase my ext3 partition size, however when running tailor im getting the message about active jails/reboot and run tailor first, which i do but still get the message after tailor runs first, is there any way to find out whats causing this and stop it temporarily so i can iniate my resize?
  19.    #120  
    Further down the screen you can unmount them by tapping.

-- Rod
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast