Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 145
Like Tree18Likes
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I need every function tested on a range of devices.

    -- Rod
    I have 2 32gb, one with Uber, one with Warthog or F15 depending on the day. Haven't waded into Debian, Ubuntu or CM7 at this point. Happy to try out any scenarios you have in mind, vs purely random playing.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Please post the output of lvdisplay, vgdisplay and pvdisplay.

    -- Rod
    I wound up adding the info to my original post here.

    It looks like /dev/store/var became 6 GB, but isn't visible as a mount option. I wish I had logged the "before" scenario so I could be sure. From doing my addled headmath, the space of the partitions combined looks like it adds up.

    EDIT:

    I meta-doctored the Touchpad to get a 3GB Ubuntu partition again, because I got involved with trying to resize the /dev/store/var or /dev/mapper/store-var partition and couldn't seem to do it with it online, even unmounted. I'll try some further tests soon, and CM7 is also on there to make things interesting.
    Last edited by itachi1; 12/13/2011 at 10:23 AM. Reason: closing issue due to doctoring from scratch.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Sorry for the long delay on testing this 16GB. A second one with Linux already on it is being used with firefox on a website that does not render properly in the webOS browser. As soon as the user confirms that his customers can easily log in and scroll, we will move to adding Linux on the first Pad (and user Tailor to create the partition). We have tentatively scheduled this Wed or Thurs for this.
    Doctored a 32GB touchpad with Ubuntu and Xfce already installed.
    Created ext3fs folder and edited fstab as detailed in wiki
    Installed Tailor and mounted ext3fs drive successfully using Tailor

    Still delaying on adding Linux to the 16GB as we are waiting for install instructions for Bodhi for a more touch friendly tablet (won't be long now I hope-- HP Touchpad - Bodhi Linux Forums)
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi1 View Post
    I wound up adding the info to my original post here.

    It looks like /dev/store/var became 6 GB, but isn't visible as a mount option. I wish I had logged the "before" scenario so I could be sure. From doing my addled headmath, the space of the partitions combined looks like it adds up.

    EDIT:

    I meta-doctored the Touchpad to get a 3GB Ubuntu partition again, because I got involved with trying to resize the /dev/store/var or /dev/mapper/store-var partition and couldn't seem to do it with it online, even unmounted. I'll try some further tests soon, and CM7 is also on there to make things interesting.
    Tailor doesn't touch the /var partition.

    -- Rod
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex80386 View Post
    Updated to version 0.3.0.

    Now I'm going to test removing debian/ubuntu and recovering all space.

    First make some backups.
    Then use Preware to remove all Optware packages using /media/ext3fs/opt
    Then remove debian and ubuntu which are also using /media/ext3fs/

    ===

    Reboot -> start Tailor v0.3.0 (see screenshot for starting point).
    Select Partition -> select the ext3 partition
    Unmount Partition
    Select Activity -> Delete Partition
    The ext3 partition is deleted.

    Here it prompts me to Create Partion... but instead scroll back to the top.

    Select Partition -> select USB (media)
    Unmount Partition
    Check Filesystem
    Get calulator and some trial and error to find the largest size...
    Resize USB to 28304 MiB.
    Check Filesystem
    Select Activity -> Mount Partition

    Now I've got the space back and everything works.
    I am ready to remove the ext3 partition and resize the TouchPad using Tailor.

    Before I start the process, I have wiped my ubuntu install of xfce and all the editing, browser software etc. I also used Preware to uninstall ubuntu. While most of the file folders in ext3fs appear to be empty, there are also some files littered about. For some examples, looking inside ext3fs/ubuntu-natty-chroot, there are a bunch of files in bin, and some .Proflie files in Abisuite . Also in ext3fs/opt/etc/openssh/ there are some "key' files. There is also a file in the etc/ipkg called optware.conf.

    Will it be a problem to use Tailor to delete the partition with these types of files still in it?
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I am ready to remove the ext3 partition and resize the TouchPad using Tailor.

    Before I start the process, I have wiped my ubuntu install of xfce and all the editing, browser software etc. I also used Preware to uninstall ubuntu. While most of the file folders in ext3fs appear to be empty, there are also some files littered about. For some examples, looking inside ext3fs/ubuntu-natty-chroot, there are a bunch of files in bin, and some .Proflie files in Abisuite . Also in ext3fs/opt/etc/openssh/ there are some "key' files. There is also a file in the etc/ipkg called optware.conf.

    Will it be a problem to use Tailor to delete the partition with these types of files still in it?
    It will not be a problem.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7. #67  
    Following the steps to delete ext3 as per Alex

    1) Before process began:

    USB media 23.423 GIB
    User ext3 4 GIB
    Unused Space 8 MIB

    USBMedia
    Partition size
    24088MIB

    User (Ext3)
    Unused Space 4GIB
    Partition Size
    4096MIB

    2) Opened Tailor again and
    gave warning on Jail:
    USB (media) /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/media/internal

    I unmounted tweaks, then continued.

    3) Choosing the delete partition activity, noticed the color of delete was Red and appreciated the color choice

    4) After deletion of ext3, I checked the file system for USB media.
    It reads Filesysem Check Passed.

    It is now prompting me to enter a new size.

    What would you suggest I enter?

    Thanks in advance.
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Following the steps to delete ext3 as per Alex

    1) Before process began:

    USB media 23.423 GIB
    User ext3 4 GIB
    Unused Space 8 MIB

    USBMedia
    Partition size
    24088MIB

    User (Ext3)
    Unused Space 4GIB
    Partition Size
    4096MIB

    2) Opened Tailor again and
    gave warning on Jail:
    USB (media) /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/media/internal

    I unmounted tweaks, then continued.

    3) Choosing the delete partition activity, noticed the color of delete was Red and appreciated the color choice

    4) After deletion of ext3, I checked the file system for USB media.
    It reads Filesysem Check Passed.

    It is now prompting me to enter a new size.

    What would you suggest I enter?

    Thanks in advance.
    It should show the amount of free space available.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  9. #69  
    So the numbers are:
    USB media 23.523 GIB
    Unused Space 4104 MiB

    Partition Size 24088 MIB
    Filesystem Size 24083 MiB
    Filesystem Used 15659 MiB
    Filesystem Free 8424 MiB

    so am I adding: 23.523 +4.104?
    or 24.088 +4.104

    Or some other combination?
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    So the numbers are:
    USB media 23.523 GIB
    Unused Space 4104 MiB

    Partition Size 24088 MIB
    Filesystem Size 24083 MiB
    Filesystem Used 15659 MiB
    Filesystem Free 8424 MiB

    so am I adding: 23.523 +4.104?
    or 24.088 +4.104

    Or some other combination?
    Increase 24088MiB (which is the same as 23.523GiB - remember the divisors are 1024, not 1000 for MiB and GiB compared to MB and GB) by 4104MiB.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Following the steps to delete ext3 as per Alex

    1) Before process began:

    USB media 23.423 GIB
    User ext3 4 GIB
    Unused Space 8 MIB

    USBMedia
    Partition size
    24088MIB

    User (Ext3)
    Unused Space 4GIB
    Partition Size
    4096MIB

    2) Opened Tailor again and
    gave warning on Jail:
    USB (media) /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/media/internal

    I unmounted tweaks, then continued.

    3) Choosing the delete partition activity, noticed the color of delete was Red and appreciated the color choice

    4) After deletion of ext3, I checked the file system for USB media.
    It reads Filesysem Check Passed.

    It is now prompting me to enter a new size.

    What would you suggest I enter?

    Thanks in advance.
    5) Entered 28192 MiB, thanks and pressed resize
    Like the nice magenta and the spinning wheel.
    File system hung at 79% for the longest time and I thought it was borked.
    But it worked.
    Suggestion for folks doing this process: lengthen screen dimmer time during this process so you can see the process without the screen going black.

    6) Checked Filesystem. Filesystem Check Passed.

    7) Selected Mount Partition (note, I never unmounted this partition between step 3 and step 4 unlike Alex, it was unmounted already)

    8) Checked files and seemed to be fine.
    A partial list of what I checked was below:
    Movies seemed to play fine in stock player, music seemed to play fine in music remix. Docs, pdfs seemed to open fine in quickoffice and smartoffice, pwrpoint in smartoffice. Mags were ok to download and read in Zinio, Kindle books were there and available to read.

    Note: device was a 32GB TouchPad. No kernel was installed but there were a number of patches which I did not remove before this process.
  12. #72  
    Just wanted to say thanks. I had 4gb of unused space that I re-sized into my media partition.
  13.    #73  
    Tailor has now moved to beta, and the source code repository has moved to http://github.com/rwhitby/tailor

    -- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 12/29/2011 at 09:47 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  14. #74  
    Tailor gave me a installation error on my 2.1 Pixi.... It said that I needed to reboot and launch it again. Will reboot and report back.

    UPDATE: Rebooted, still gives me an error. Will reinstall.

    UPDATE: Its working!
    Last edited by palmlover123; 12/29/2011 at 10:01 PM.
  15. #75  
    Ota chrome?!?!
  16. #76  
    just an fyi, successfully removed working ext3fs partition, resized to give all hd space back to webOS, shrunk it and added a 6gb partition, and reinstalled Ubuntu Chroot. No genius here, so it's a very well designed program that any user can jump into even in beta stage. two thumbs Mr. Whitby

    EDIT: 32gb TP
    ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!!
  17. #77  
    G'day all,
    Just a quick question. Is there a reason why my ext3fs partition is not showing up in Tailor? The partition is working, mounted and chroot unbuntu is working well.

    Tailor is only showing the USB partition and unused space (of which there is none).

    Thanks in advance,
    Baldric
    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  18. #78  
    This app helped me a lot with removing the ext3fs and cyanogenmod partitions from my device, thank you Rod and whoever else helped develop it.

    I found my answer here on putting space back into media (wow, stupid me, just CHECK THE FILE SYSTEM )
    Low disk space
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    G'day all,
    Just a quick question. Is there a reason why my ext3fs partition is not showing up in Tailor? The partition is working, mounted and chroot unbuntu is working well.

    Tailor is only showing the USB partition and unused space (of which there is none).

    Thanks in advance,
    Baldric
    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Post the output of lvdisplay

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  20. #80  
    Thanks for your help Rod.

    Here's the output:

    --- Logical volume ---
    LV Name /dev/store/root
    VG Name store
    LV UUID t3nMew-YAr9-KN8q-1Dx8-c0eS-t1Fc-iDyTFw
    LV Write Access read/write
    LV Status available
    # open 1
    LV Size 568.00 MB
    Current LE 71
    Segments 1
    Allocation inherit
    Read ahead sectors auto
    - currently set to 256
    Persistent major 254
    Persistent minor 0
    Block device 254:0

    --- Logical volume ---
    LV Name /dev/store/var
    VG Name store
    LV UUID rnwJfg-kwq0-LHVW-hZRE-MOQ1-MeLN-GaaVr6
    LV Write Access read/write
    LV Status available
    # open 1
    LV Size 64.00 MB
    Current LE 8
    Segments 1
    Allocation inherit
    Read ahead sectors auto
    - currently set to 256
    Persistent major 254
    Persistent minor 1
    Block device 254:1

    --- Logical volume ---
    LV Name /dev/store/update
    VG Name store
    LV UUID dvwP0s-tiWr-bTg5-UzSS-TKe9-iV59-LaJfUd
    LV Write Access read/write
    LV Status available
    # open 0
    LV Size 16.00 MB
    Current LE 2
    Segments 1
    Allocation inherit
    Read ahead sectors auto
    - currently set to 256
    Persistent major 254
    Persistent minor 2
    Block device 254:2

    --- Logical volume ---
    LV Name /dev/store/log
    VG Name store
    LV UUID OjQHgo-7Ix7-pggV-cUuM-yXnE-xEe9-qqd5hO
    LV Write Access read/write
    LV Status available
    # open 1
    LV Size 24.00 MB
    Current LE 3
    Segments 1
    Allocation inherit
    Read ahead sectors auto
    - currently set to 256
    Persistent major 254
    Persistent minor 3
    Block device 254:3

    --- Logical volume ---
    LV Name /dev/store/mojodb
    VG Name store
    LV UUID bgKQq8-NB8m-lWY0-TVod-jEQK-6aX8-eJJY6m
    LV Write Access read/write
    LV Status available
    # open 1
    LV Size 512.00 MB
    Current LE 64
    Segments 1
    Allocation inherit
    Read ahead sectors auto
    - currently set to 256
    Persistent major 254
    Persistent minor 4
    Block device 254:4

    --- Logical volume ---
    LV Name /dev/store/filecache
    VG Name store
    LV UUID 1420Z7-PsyL-d0VQ-DZOB-345J-mugI-1rQzj0
    LV Write Access read/write
    LV Status available
    # open 1
    LV Size 136.00 MB
    Current LE 17
    Segments 1
    Allocation inherit
    Read ahead sectors auto
    - currently set to 256
    Persistent major 254
    Persistent minor 5
    Block device 254:5

    --- Logical volume ---
    LV Name /dev/store/media
    VG Name store
    LV UUID E4SLn1-atWd-Xknl-4diG-bhWe-fZP3-w5mscq
    LV Write Access read/write
    LV Status available
    # open 1
    LV Size 54.28 GB
    Current LE 6948
    Segments 1
    Allocation inherit
    Read ahead sectors auto
    - currently set to 256
    Persistent major 254
    Persistent minor 6
    Block device 254:6

    --- Logical volume ---
    LV Name /dev/store/swap
    VG Name store
    LV UUID aoECHb-xPfl-jFyQ-s3V4-Ne6E-e213-D32HTB
    LV Write Access read/write
    LV Status available
    # open 1
    LV Size 512.00 MB
    Current LE 64
    Segments 1
    Allocation inherit
    Read ahead sectors auto
    - currently set to 256
    Persistent major 254
    Persistent minor 7
    Block device 254:7

    --- Logical volume ---
    LV Name /dev/store/extfs
    VG Name store
    LV UUID JYTeBM-u94E-pm67-F9g7-NRaa-Xy1F-pSM249
    LV Write Access read/write
    LV Status available
    # open 1
    LV Size 3.01 GB
    Current LE 385
    Segments 2
    Allocation inherit
    Read ahead sectors auto
    - currently set to 256
    Block device 254:8

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions