Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #1  
    Since the Bing maps update has brought Enyo to all webOS devices, I have decided to port freeTether to Enyo. The next release of freeTether (2.0) will be in Enyo so if you haven't already installed the Bing maps updated do it! Here is a preview of the new UI.

[SCREENSHOT REMOVED DUE TO LAME COMPLAINTS]
    Last edited by PuffTheMagic; 10/21/2011 at 07:39 PM.
    Hmm...I don't know what to say. I love freeTether, but bing maps definitely does not float my boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    Since the Bing maps update has brought Enyo to all webOS devices, I have decided to port freeTether to Enyo. The next release of freeTether (2.0) will be in Enyo so if you haven't already installed the Bing maps updated do it! Here is a preview of the new UI.

Click to view quoted image
    awesome. beautiful interface!
    Very nice! And I just have to say.... Interesting choice for a passphrase

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    wow, nice looking UI. good to see devs putting the new enyo framework to good use.
    Quote Originally Posted by windsor20 View Post
    Hmm...I don't know what to say. I love freeTether, but bing maps definitely does not float my boat.
    I'd imagine the enyo framework could be installed separately. Though since the one from the maps download isn't in any doctor I'm not sure where you'd get it from.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    I'd imagine the enyo framework could be installed separately. Though since the one from the maps download isn't in any doctor I'm not sure where you'd get it from.
    We could probably figure out how to extract the framework from the Bing maps ipk, but seriously, the despite what map site you prefer to use on a normal desktop the Gmaps app hasnt been updated since the day the Pre came out and it sucks donkey balls. The Bing maps app is quite nice.
    giggles and tmox like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by windsor20 View Post
    New patch came out that allow you to keep google maps if you want and then install bing. BFG maps is also an option if you prefer the google apis.
    is it not also true that the google maps app will quite working soon, as the API it uses is going away? I don't think HP took the somewhat extraordinary step of porting Enyo and bing maps to the old devices just because it amused them... They pretty much had to.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    is it not also true that the google maps app will quite working soon, as the API it uses is going away? I don't think HP took the somewhat extraordinary step of porting Enyo and bing maps to the old devices just because it amused them... They pretty much had to.
    I heard that - but I cannot confirm it.

This link from last year talks about Google Map Data API Mostly Obsolete, Google Maps Data API to be Deprecated but goes on to say that the Google Maps API is not going away only the map data one. Google Maps API Profile, Mashups, and News
    We could probably figure out how to extract the framework from the Bing maps ipk, but seriously, the despite what map site you prefer to use on a normal desktop the Gmaps app hasnt been updated since the day the Pre came out and it sucks donkey balls. The Bing maps app is quite nice.
    Unfortunately, today I had a problem where I experienced a shortcoming with Bing. I needed to know the closest Pilates studios and when I tried "Pilates near Renfrew in Calgary AB", Bing responded with Not Found. Shifted to google maps and got decent results.

*off topic
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
    awesome. beautiful interface!
    Well with rogers quote above. I was still able to see the images. I love the look. amazing work.
    Palm dark please? (does this exist in Enyo)
    I saw the preview using the quote above as well. Wow!! Great change, the new interface will be nice to use. Thanks for putting the work to get this in enyo.
    Global Posts
    314 Global Posts

[SCREENSHOT REMOVED DUE TO LAME COMPLAINTS]
    When will this be available?
    yeah any word?
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Any word on an update?
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    What is the advantage of freeTether over the build-in hotspot?
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post
    freeTether uses your phone's regular data connection. Mobile HotSpot requires a special extra $ data plan from your carrier. freeTether also has USB and Bluetooth tethering support, while MHS is wifi only.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post
    freeTether uses your phone's regular data connection. Mobile HotSpot requires a special extra $ data plan from your carrier. freeTether also has USB and Bluetooth tethering support, while MHS is wifi only.
    Thank you - I have tried the integrated hotspot once and it was working, so I assume I have a data plan.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast